223795 Bullies, 3969 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 1 to 6 of 6
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Pandinha is offline

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    8,751

    Posted On:
    7/13/2007 10:45am

    supporting memberhall of famestaff
     Style: Muay Thai & BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    1001 Submissions

    Just a quick note, 1001 Submissions and the guys who put it together have become one of Bullshido's advertisers. The same guys who gaves us the "Fighter's Notebook", and MMA.TV put it together, and it just flat out rocks!

    This is an excellent book, my Coach, a Mundials Champion said he saw some really great stuff in it, so you know it's good!

    Visit 1001 Submissions today and give them a look.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifu Rudy Abel
    "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".
  2. Invader_Chris is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    80

    Posted On:
    7/13/2007 10:59am


     Style: Krav_Maga

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've been looking at this myself but can't decide if I want to dish out the $80 they're asking for it. Would anyone care to do a quick review?
  3. Invader_Chris is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    80

    Posted On:
    7/13/2007 11:00am


     Style: Krav_Maga

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Actually while I'm on the topic, what about a section for reviewing training resources? DVD's and books etc (Please feel free to call me noob if this is has been done, I can't be bothered to check)
  4. Pandinha is offline

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    8,751

    Posted On:
    7/13/2007 11:08am

    supporting memberhall of famestaff
     Style: Muay Thai & BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Invader_Chris
    Actually while I'm on the topic, what about a section for reviewing training resources? DVD's and books etc (Please feel free to call me noob if this is has been done, I can't be bothered to check)
    NOt a bad idea!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifu Rudy Abel
    "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".
  5. Teh El Macho is offline
    Teh El Macho's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia
    Posts
    11,762

    Posted On:
    7/13/2007 11:41am

    supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Antonillo
    Just a quick note, 1001 Submissions and the guys who put it together have become one of Bullshido's advertisers. The same guys who gaves us the "Fighter's Notebook", and MMA.TV put it together, and it just flat out rocks!

    This is an excellent book, my Coach, a Mundials Champion said he saw some really great stuff in it, so you know it's good!

    Visit 1001 Submissions today and give them a look.
    Man, you freaking read my mind. I was just about to ask about this book. Invader_Chris, I would dish the moolah for this book... actually I am :)
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

    My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

    New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

    t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

    The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris
  6. datdamnmachine is offline
    datdamnmachine's Avatar

    Jiu Jitsu - Sometimes passing just isn't an option.

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    1,721

    Posted On:
    7/13/2007 10:33pm

    supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Unauthorized Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Invader_Chris
    I've been looking at this myself but can't decide if I want to dish out the $80 they're asking for it. Would anyone care to do a quick review?
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh El Macho
    Man, you freaking read my mind. I was just about to ask about this book. Invader_Chris, I would dish the moolah for this book... actually I am :)
    There is a review on Lockflow as well as some Q and A feedback from some of the members that may answer your questions.

    http://www.lockflow.com/article_view.php?id=2711

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.