Charlie Don't Surf

Posted On:
    12/23/2007 12:39am

Join us... or die
     Style: TKD, Relson GJJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnaTrocity
    It's always an awesome idea to stick around for another round after committing a crime in public. Try it.
    That might have been one of the many mistakes I made when I was young.
    Mushi mo atsui hodo
    Mushiatsui

Originally Posted by chuey
    ...Well **** if that isn't the most anti-Mr. Miyagi **** I have heard in ages.

Two wrongs don't make a right, but
    Three rights make a left.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/23/2007 2:13pm

Style: *********

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok to be clear. I was not running down Osiris or his fighting ability. I do realize that it is good to show restraint in a situation. Nor am I advocating committing a crime. All of that being said, what constitutes a crime depends heavily on where you live.

In the states in which I have lived, NJ(consentual fight=class C misdemeanor $500 fine) PA(depends on county) TN(mutual consent, i.e. both threw a punch, $50 fine for minor disturbance of the peace in a public location), WA(this one is more trickey, typically a mutual fistfight is only a fine, however considering you have the JFS making racist remarks which count as a hate-crime and actual assualt, you then have the Stand Your Ground thing and right to Defense of Self and Others, so you could beat him down and probably get a good citizens award), SC(as it was pre-arranged it is thus a non-lethal dual, explain that to the police and have a nice day, mutual fistfights as long as no weapons were used is move along and have a nice day).

Now the event took place in MD, again a trickey situation, the verbal assault from JFS would have amounted to a hate crime in MD, however fighting is an automatic $2500 and possible jail time. So I really do get the restraint.

I was comming from in part my own experience. At the time I was living in Delaware county in PA(mutual fistfights allowed, essentially one person throws its assault, you return the favor it is consentual, and have at it). I had a weight lifting partner/drinking buddy with a big mouth. He stirs up some **** in a gym and I step in to try to calm it down. I thus wind up on the recieving end of a roid rage from a local college athlete. I get him in a RNC, he taps, well actually he gurgles something like "I give", so I let him go, thinking its over, as it always is in practice and comp, and turn to yell at my friend for starting ****. That is when I recieve a hell of a right hook to my jaw, and the next thing I know I am on the floor with the dude on top of me pounding the hell out of me(fortunately he was a soccer player and not a fighter).

A while later I am talking to my teacher Alexy Kistin and I tell him what happened. He laughs and says, "No mat, No tap." Meaning if you are going to end the fight with a grapple, make sure it is over before you allow the guy to get back on even ground.

The point I not so elegantly failed to make was that, we will always do what we train to do. Thus a possible weakness in grappling training(mine included) is to end a fight(not a comp fight but a real someone means you serious bodily harm fight) as soon as they "tap."
    Last edited by melk; 12/23/2007 2:15pm at .

Posted On:
    12/23/2007 2:53pm

Style: Inept BJJer

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by melk

Now the event took place in MD, again a trickey situation, the verbal assault from JFS would have amounted to a hate crime in MD, however fighting is an automatic $2500 and possible jail time. So I really do get the restraint.

The point I not so elegantly failed to make was that, we will always do what we train to do. Thus a possible weakness in grappling training(mine included) is to end a fight(not a comp fight but a real someone means you serious bodily harm fight) as soon as they "tap."
    Restraining from seriously harming a fellow human being who is pinned to the ground and begging for mercy is not any kind of weakness, IMO.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/23/2007 2:59pm

Style: *********

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by aaaargh
    Restraining from seriously harming a fellow human being who is pinned to the ground and begging for mercy is not any kind of weakness, IMO.
    Never said it was.

:)

Posted On:
    12/23/2007 7:55pm

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I hear what you're saying Melk. In this case, Osiris had JFS's racist ass under control. In other situations, especially not in a parking lot in the suburbs, wait, a masonic parking lot....it may have run differently. Apparently there were people going and coming from shops nearby during the thing.

People who can really fight, don't need to force a confrontation in some stupid place...they did what they could to derail it...and I'm glad JFS got some lumps, and became internet infamous, as the white trash tma component of BJJ vs white trash tma or summit like that.

No matter what trash he spews on some also-ran forum, he'll always be that guy...priceless.

Posted On:
    12/23/2007 8:32pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    anyone who'd seen him spar kikko already knew he didn't have ****.

Octopussy!

Posted On:
    12/23/2007 9:15pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Striking/Grappling/Poking

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Speaking of Kiko, what happened to Kiko?

Posted On:
    12/23/2007 11:10pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    don't know...probably trolling other forums..one must keep up appearances.
Page 50 of 60 FirstFirst ... 404647484950 51525354 ... LastLast