:)

Posted On:
    7/17/2007 10:55am

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist
    hey, just an FYI. rolling any hard object on your shins has been shown to not be an effective conditioning tool. we had a thread on this a couple of years back, with a lot of knowledgeable people contributing, and the consensus was that other methods were better in the long run, most notably kicking a hard heavy bag frequently.

in fact, here's the thread: http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...t=rolling+shin

hitting your shin with a bundle of chopsticks or thin bamboo (like they sell at plant stores) may or may not work depending on who you ask (but it's better than striking with a solid object or rolling anything.)

good luck with the shins, and don't take everything so personally.

see you at the northeast super throwdown (we got chastised for calling it a mega, so it isn't a mega anymore)
    Thanks Ming, it was cool meeting you at the yai mean in NY. See you at the (formerly) mega. The rolling has helped me.

Posted On:
    7/17/2007 12:12pm

Style: JJ of the B variety

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bob, you remind me of every wannabe tough guy who walks into our club talking all kinds of ****.

:)

Posted On:
    7/17/2007 2:59pm

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fearless Ukemi
    Bob, you remind me of every wannabe tough guy who walks into our club talking all kinds of ****.
    Sorry for that, don't want to remind you of them.:cry:

I get told off for talking in class, but for promoting the band...not talking ****.
    And I've never been that "tough" just angry.:new_squar

Posted On:
    7/17/2007 3:07pm

Style: JJ of the B variety

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    They're not all bad. I highly respect the one that actually stuck with it.

Y SO SRIUS?

Posted On:
    7/17/2007 3:40pm

Join us... or die
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bobyclumsyninja
    don't need your approval, or a thumbs up from the gallery. The fan base takes care of the self esteem thing, this is my fun.
    Shut the **** up.

No one cares about some shitty preschool band where you play the sticks.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    7/17/2007 3:51pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't compete yet as a fighter...
    gee, how did I guess. shut the **** up already moron and go back to your retardo conditioning exercises.

**** you math class

Posted On:
    7/17/2007 4:09pm

supporting member
     Style: TKD, Ballet, Archery

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Go to youtube and look up Bobby Clumsy Ninja:5oh:
    Listening to you play, I can hear why people start fights with you. Congratulations on wasting 19 years of your life.

**** you math class

Posted On:
    7/17/2007 4:13pm

supporting member
     Style: TKD, Ballet, Archery

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Primary Style:
    san shou/tiger kung fu
    Other Interests and Information:
    musician ,producer, session guitarist, martial arts lover, clumsy ninja
    Professional musician
    Martial Arts Experience:
    I'm English,a professionaol musician living in Boston by way of Pa,Al and Oregon. I traded a lady guitar lessons for kung fu lessons about 4 1/2 years ago. (I play music in the subway among other places, and met her there). She was from China and grew up in kung fu school. I had to promise never to strike her, always practice in secret,and never show anyone anything of the kung fu. This was difficult for me because I wanted my girlfriend to learn kung fu, and I'm an entertainer...and love to share things with people... but I kept my word. I'm not flexible in the legs, and had trouble kicking and punching at the same time (it was a northern style), but loved the hand work. I have guitarist hands(strong fingers). I studied with her for a year or so but the secrecy bothered me,and I wanted my girl to learn and so I joined the Chinese Kickboxing and submission fighting club, in Boston, Ma and now study under Paul "Lefty" Rosado, as does my love,Terelle...(she's more advanced than I a

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/17/2007 4:16pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Maybe the best part of all your posts is the fact that we start with this story here:

When I had a thief (who'd stolen from my friends who sell African jewelry and fake bling... so I ran him down) pull a knife on me in the T (subway in the Bean), I didn't disarm him with horrific facial injuries....I just touched his elbow with my fingertips, and turned the wrist with the thumb and two fingers of the other hand. He dropped it easily...everything was going slow motion for me. I kicked the knife back between my legs, and held him until his arrest 10 or 11 seconds later.
    Where you go all batman on the "thief" with your "martial arts". Its very very very clear this never happened. As is confirmed later. When...

We end up with this story here:

When the man stole jewelry, and booked out of there, down to the red line....I gave Terelle the guitar I had in hand...and I chased him. Mohammed's wife was screaming bloody murder. I ran past, and said what color hat on a guess/hope he was in one, she said brown...and I lept down 5 stairs at a time. At the bottom of the stairs I merged flight plans with Mohammed who was flying down the other tunnel from the other side of the Orange line to get him. When I came up the stairs, Vinh and Mohammed had one of his arms....in the other he was trying to palm a blade....I ran up, applied the chin na at the elbow/wrist with ease, kicked the knife off, and he went to jail. Happy ending, and no one got juked in the kidney with a knife....they hadn't seen it.
    Which may also be completely fabricated, and judging by your pictures I wouldnt doubt that to be the case.

At the very least, in this story, there are already TWO men restraining the guy before you even arrive and use your fancy "knife disarm." I like this story better as all I see in my head is a whole group of hobos chasing another hobo whom probably stole their dinner. Take that evil hobo!

This is why whenever someone starts making up stories about their escapades on the streets I immediately ignore everything they say. Thank you for providing another example confirming the correctness of my policy.

International Man of Pancakes

Posted On:
    7/17/2007 6:39pm

Style: Wu style tcc+bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ...but I'm a lead guitarist. I play hard and fast, and fight the same..
    I choose this for my quote of the week!
    Anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices.
    - Voltaire