Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/14/2007 8:49am

Style: BJJ/no-gi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I thought the Nike Free were a similar concept to this whilst looking nowhere near as ridiculous!

I see a lot of people saying they run in flat based shoes put if you are a pronator surely this will only cause more stress to your body? I run in some Nike+ trainers with arch support as my feet roll inwards and i have quite flat arches.

Even if you don't pronate i've always been recommended by runners to wear proper cushioned shoes. Asics are supposed to be really good

Posted On:
    7/14/2007 9:59am

Join us... or die
     Style: FBSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    damn that vivo **** is expensive. 85 pounds, plus 20 for shipping, that's over $200CAN.

d-d-d-damn!

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    7/14/2007 10:09am

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by poidog
    I have a pair of those. They're actually pretty cool. I use them when I want to be barefoot in a gym but they have a mandatory shoe policy.

But if you want the real barefoot tech, check out Barefoot Ted's website and his huarache running kits. I have a pair of the 4mm Cherry Vibram soles with hemp ties. This is the ****!! Great idea, great implementation and great guy to do business with. Just about the closest you can get to going barefoot without going barefoot. And barefoot in the middle of LA is a no thanks situation for me.

Aloha
    Man poidog, these huaraches are truly close to being barefoot, sweet!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ashe
    The KSwiss Arvee has a reasonably thin, flat, firm sole and it's pretty comfortable: http://www.kswiss.com/cgi-bin/kswiss...=x&model=01290

My favorites for gym use are UGS from RMAX: www.rmaxinternational.com

But I am intrigued by these kevlar babies from VIVOBarefoot: http://www.vivobarefoot.com/
    These UGS seem to have the same sole used in jazz shoes. That's pretty good as well.

What I though was going to be a LOL-type of thread has turned to be a nice product review. Kudos to you guys!
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

and humble, too!

Posted On:
    7/14/2007 10:27am

Style: Systema, BJJ, Arrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by spirez
    I thought the Nike Free were a similar concept to this whilst looking nowhere near as ridiculous!

I see a lot of people saying they run in flat based shoes put if you are a pronator surely this will only cause more stress to your body? I run in some Nike+ trainers with arch support as my feet roll inwards and i have quite flat arches.

Even if you don't pronate i've always been recommended by runners to wear proper cushioned shoes. Asics are supposed to be really good
    know why most folks who over pronate do so? 'Cuz they've worn cushioned shoes all their life. I walked like a fucking duck until I switched to chuck taylors.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/17/2007 12:00am

Style: Crosstraining/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Actually, that's only one of many possible reasons. Another common reason is the structure of the foot. It varies from person to person, and some people are just more prone to a variety of problems. I overpronate because I have Morton's Foot: www.mortonsfoot.com

Chuck Taylors are fine in general, but they won't do a damn thing for me.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/17/2007 1:33am

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Those Masai shoes are crazy expensive, if I remember correctly.

I do just about everything either barefoot (I'm always barefoot around the house and at the gym) or in Chuck Taylors (My daily casual footwear).

I do, however, resort to super-high-tech running shoes when I run. I'm kind of afraid to run in anything less. I might hurt my toesies or something.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/18/2007 11:22am

Style: MT/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am really into the Puma H-Street.
    Wahh but my foot pronates and its flat!! Hey put your feet under your hips(not out to the side)point your toes straight and pay attention.
    Its easy to feel you feet when your not wearing ***** shoes.

Posted On:
    7/18/2007 12:05pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FBSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I bought some sweet pumas over the internet and they were too narrow. never again.

I owned some puma cell(?)s a few years back. they were the lightest shoe i'd ever worn, and were pretty cheap considering the quality of the leather (nice) but i wore them on the job and they broke down pretty fast.

Pumas are sweet though, and they're making more with the low-profile rubber sole as opposed to an inch thick chunk of foam rubber.
    Last edited by Neildo; 7/18/2007 1:37pm at .

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    7/18/2007 1:31pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I really miss my early 90s Nike Huararches. They had no support and a super flexible sole.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123