Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/16/2007 7:48pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Hapkido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sherk would be a deserving champ if this was NCAA freestyle wrestling, but the guy couldn't finish a happy meal. It's like watching someone who just came in for their first jiu-jitsu class and they know they want to be on top but they don't know what to do next.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/16/2007 7:51pm

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Cesar
    Sherk vs BJ holy ****
    Fruit of the Loom and Hanes will probably see a surge in product sales that night.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/16/2007 8:39pm

Style: Mo-jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I suppose you can complain that Sherk didn't finish his last 3 fights, though that would mean you're giving no credit to the excellent BJJ guys he beat. Before that, he lost to GSP. Before that, his record looks like this:
    - Sub Win
    - Sub Win
    - Sub Win
    - Sub Win
    - TKO Win
    - Sub Win
    - Sub Win
    - Sub Win
    - Decision Win
    - Sub Win
    - Sub Win
    - TKO Win
    Etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Plasma
    I hope BJ ends his career.
    That's very classy of you.

Submitting 1d6 Investigators per round

Posted On:
    7/16/2007 9:48pm

supporting member
     Style: ZHOO ZHITSU

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mobydaddy
    Sherk would be a deserving champ if this was NCAA freestyle wrestling, but the guy couldn't finish a happy meal. It's like watching someone who just came in for their first jiu-jitsu class and they know they want to be on top but they don't know what to do next.
    Yes, I frequently passed guard during my first jiu-jitsu class, especially while rolling with black belts.
    Undisputed KING OF ASSHOLES.

Posted On:
    7/16/2007 10:54pm

Style: Systema & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by fatherdog
    Yes, I frequently passed guard during my first jiu-jitsu class, especially while rolling with black belts.
    are we dealing with an influx of sherdoggers posting on here???

anyway, so i've officially entered the world of BJJ due to my brother who finally got off his ass and started training in it again.

My experience with grappling in general, i'd say is decent, with a lil wrestling background, and grappling (quite a bit) in systema, and some MMA seminars.

For the most part, i get my way with ppl in grappling during systema class (except for a small percentage who have way more experience)

If u've seen the toronto TD, you'd see that i'm not a small guy. And i prefer being on top, and pretty much play the game out like sherk does - passing guard, relying on my good base and posture to defend and good movement to pass...

I've done 3 classes in BJJ, and rolling with a purple belt, lemme tell ya, i have yet to pass his guard once (and i started with back control and hooks in the last time we rolled!)...i may be able to fend off their offense, but i sure don't have much offense going on myself when all i am doing is defending.

point being, when i see sherk do what he does, i'm impressed. So until ppl try it out for themselves, they have no idea

I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it

Posted On:
    7/16/2007 11:03pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Improv comedy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Plasma I luv ya but you're on crack on this one

Sherk has plenty of technique

He's a CSW guy :)

Posted On:
    7/16/2007 11:40pm

Style: Systema & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yeah soju
    i've taken the plunge into BJJ =P
    Lin's MA Academy....really good teacher, affiliated with BTT-canada

its 2 doors down from my systema school, hence my choice to jump right into it when my brother finally wanted to get back into it

once ur back healthy again tho, u lemme know, cuz i'll still go to CSW....for now, i just don't get motivated to drive up there, unless i know i'll be meetin ppl i know and training with them (i will be available for the friday CSW classes in the afternoon)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/17/2007 3:14am

Style: Man-ho Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good thread, with details.

I am always excited to see Wandy and Chuck fight anyone, and even more so against each other. I think the fight will happen, eventually. The fight I would love to see, is Randy vs Wandy, I think that would be action packed, ( I realize Randy is up a weight class now).

The Shogun v Machida should also be a good fight.

Sherk and BJ fights never impressed me much, both great fighters with good skills, maybe I miss the nuances never having done any BJJ.

Posted On:
    7/17/2007 9:38am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Somehow people missed the Sherk BJJ appreciation thread in the Spoilers thread for this event. People are taking away from Franca's technique. Let's look at the styles of people hating on Sherk's technique:

Quote Originally Posted by mobydaddy
    Hapkido

Quote Originally Posted by Plasma
    If Sherk pulls off a technique other then a double leg/guard pass I'd die of a heark attack. I hope BJ ends his career.
    Ninja stuff, some BJJ.
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    7/17/2007 12:19pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PizDoff
    Somehow people missed the Sherk BJJ appreciation thread in the Spoilers thread for this event.

Exactly, the guys that actually train grappling and know what the **** they're talking about were very impressed by Sherk.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123 4567 LastLast