223537 Bullies, 3746 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

i keep tryin to spar, but nothin happens!

Posted On:
    7/13/2007 4:05pm

supporting member
     Style: karate / bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    sherk.

Bullshido Wikipedia Delegate

Posted On:
    7/13/2007 4:16pm

supporting memberhall of fameBullshido Newbie
     Style: Krav / (Kick)Boxing / BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I called Sherk/Penn first in the UFC 73 thread. YES!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/13/2007 4:41pm

Style: Mo-jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasma
    Shrek is a prime example of how strength and cardio can get you far without any technique.
    :bduh:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/13/2007 5:09pm

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I can't wait till Shrek vs Penn. Shrek is a prime example of how strength and cardio can get you far without any technique. Shrek is boring to watch and a crappy fighter (Eat a few strikes, double leg and lay on them then repeat). I hope Penn crushes him.
    I wouldn't say Sherk has no technique.

All fanning aside, objectively speaking, this is a great matchup. Dominant and freakishly athletic wrestler with a bit of a lay-and-pray problem, versus one of the most talented and busiest BJJists this side of Antarctica.

If there was ever a better time for caramel popcorn sprinkled with cookie dough and chocolate sprinkles, you let me the **** know.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/13/2007 9:14pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm pretty neutral in reference to like/dislike of Sherk, but I don't think he's a "lay-and-pray" type of fighter. I think he's just using what he knows best, wrestling. He does go for gnp also, albeit conservatively. I think it would be different too if the fighter he was facing was more aggressive fighter from the bottom (read: BJ Penn). He was just playing to his strengths over Franca. I think everyone will be more impressed when he fights Penn.

Dave

Posted On:
    7/14/2007 8:20pm

Style: Systema & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    UFCjunkie.com Exclusive: Chuck Liddell vs. Keith Jardine Expected to Headline UFC 76

Former UFC light heavyweight champion Chuck Liddell (20-4 MMA, 14-3 UFC) and Keith Jardine (12-3-1 MMA, 4-2 UFC) are expected to headline Anaheim’s UFC 76 event in September. A source close to one of the fighters told UFCjunkie.com (www.ufcjunkie.com) of a tentative agreement that was reached earlier today.

Jardine will take the spot vacated by PRIDE standout Wanderlei Silva. Earlier this week, UFC president Dana White said that Silva turned down the UFC 76 fight with Liddell despite having a verbal agreement in place. UFCjunkie.com first broke the news of that agreement, but for reasons still unknown, Silva apparently opted not to take the fight.

Instead, Liddell will face Jardine, a cast member from The Ultimate Fighter 2 who worked his way into title contention before suffering a shocking, 48-second upset to UFC newcomer Houston Alexander back in May. Prior to that UFC 71 loss, Jardine had posted a 4-1 record in the UFC — with his only loss coming via a controversial unanimous decision to Stephan Bonnar at UFC Fight Night 4.

The loss to Alexander erased all the momentum the 31-year-old had gained after his dominating first-round TKO victory over Forrest Griffin at UFC 66. It was the biggest win of Jardine’s career. But the Team Jackson fighter now has an opportunity for an even bigger one.

Liddell, who had held the UFC’s light heavyweight title since April 2005, suffered a first-round technical knockout to Quinton Jackson at UFC 71. The May 26 loss was the 37-year-old’s first defeat in eight fights.

The future UFC Hall of Famer’s upcoming fight with Jardine will be his seventh consecutive main-event fight.

The fight with Jardine — “Plan B,” if you will — may be a letdown for many hardcore MMA fans. After all, the proposed Liddell-Silva bout had been one of the most-anticipated fights in the sport’s history. The UFC, and specifically White, had tried to arrange the matchup for years but experienced one snafu after another. During a UFC 61 event in July 2006, White event went as far as announcing the fight was going to happen — only to later blame the then-owners of PRIDE for keeping it from happening.

Liddell and Jardine are expected to officially sign a deal for the fight soon.

UFC 76 takes place at the Honda Center in Anaheim, Calif., on Sept. 22. UFCjunkie.com has learned that a fight between 170-pound contenders Diego Sanchez and Jon Fitch (a fight UFCjunkie.com exclusively announced last weekend) likely will be billed as the night’s co-main event.
    not a bad fight. I think Jardine can give Lidell a bit of a run for his money. Chuck hasn't faced a pure stand up striker in a long time....but i don't think this should be THE headlining main event though

and for the wand fans, here's more details about his rebuttal, i believe he also responded through youtube as well...in portuguese tho, so i never bothered to look it up

Posted On:
    7/14/2007 9:24pm

Style: karate,MMA(between gyms)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    wouldn't say Sherk has no technique.

All fanning aside, objectively speaking, this is a great matchup. Dominant and freakishly athletic wrestler with a bit of a lay-and-pray problem, versus one of the most talented and busiest BJJists this side of Antarctica.

If there was ever a better time for caramel popcorn sprinkled with cookie dough and chocolate sprinkles, you let me the **** know.

I agree, he was passing Franca's guard with ease.

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    7/15/2007 7:15pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: 柔術

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If Sherk pulls off a technique other then a double leg/guard pass I'd die of a heark attack. I hope BJ ends his career.

poser

Posted On:
    7/15/2007 8:20pm

Style: punching bag / crew jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If Sherk pulls off a technique other then a double leg/guard pass I'd die of a heark attack. I hope BJ ends his career.
    He's a bit like Royce really: only has about 2 techniques in his skillset, but is so good with them that nobody can get past them.:happy7:

Welterweight

Posted On:
    7/16/2007 12:59pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sherk vs BJ holy ****
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast