Style
    boxing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

ive picked an art to study

ok when i first registered for this forum i hadnt decided on which MA to study but after looking around and listening to other forum members i think i will study MT, now the problem is that there arent any local MT dojos, the closest i know of is about 90kms away. so what im organising is there is a guy that works in the local super market who apperntly won a bronze medal in boxing at the commonwealth games one time, im trying to convince him to train me to box and at the same time im going to approach the local tang soo do acedemy and study that for the 5 years or so im expecting it will take me to achieve my black belt and then maybe see what i can do about learning to study MT. im planning to it this way because of my work commitments and the fact im still studying for my trade and atleast this way i can still train in a MA so as to learn the discipline and hopefully some skills that i may be able to use in MT, now bearing in mind that im still a noob so am some what niave im my ideas about MA can some one please tell me wether this way would be a good idea or if its a bad idea can some one please tell me why?

cheers adam

Style
    Muay Thai/BJJ/Boxing/MMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by LX8VD69
    ok when i first registered for this forum i hadnt decided on which MA to study but after looking around and listening to other forum members i think i will study MT, now the problem is that there arent any local MT dojos, the closest i know of is about 90kms away. so what im organising is there is a guy that works in the local super market who apperntly won a bronze medal in boxing at the commonwealth games one time, im trying to convince him to train me to box and at the same time im going to approach the local tang soo do acedemy and study that for the 5 years or so im expecting it will take me to achieve my black belt and then maybe see what i can do about learning to study MT. im planning to it this way because of my work commitments and the fact im still studying for my trade and atleast this way i can still train in a MA so as to learn the discipline and hopefully some skills that i may be able to use in MT, now bearing in mind that im still a noob so am some what niave im my ideas about MA can some one please tell me wether this way would be a good idea or if its a bad idea can some one please tell me why?

cheers adam

I think it is a good idea, if you train hard at it you might become very good. I would like to see what that mixture produces, do you ever plan on doing any MT matches?

Style
    boxing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MastaChance
    I think it is a good idea, if you train hard at it you might become very good. I would like to see what that mixture produces, do you ever plan on doing any MT matches?

hang on let me start first then well see i how i go, considering ive already dappled at things i said i wouldnt do, like running my car car down the 1/4 im not answering that one

cheers adam

Style
    Muay Thai/BJJ/Boxing/MMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by LX8VD69
    hang on let me start first then well see i how i go, considering ive already dappled at things i said i wouldnt do, like running my car car down the 1/4 im not answering that one

cheers adam
    Alright just train hard, otherwise it is pointless.

Chance

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Any legitimate training should be helpful. I think that intuitively, you'll know whats working for you and what isn't.
    And wasn't that racing a rush!?

Style
    boxing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by siulumpai
    And wasn't that racing a rush!?
    it was more of a suprise, i ran a 12.8 at 109mph for a street car running a 4 speed and 3.08 diff, i spent alot of time worrying that my car would embarrass me but i was stoked and i keep hearing it should have the potential for a mid 11. any way im now really getting in to my MA so hopefully all will go well

cheers adam