Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/18/2007 9:31am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Do you mean, "Why do TMA stage point fighting tournaments in hotel lobbies and then post them on Youtube?" I'm also intrested in that.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    7/18/2007 11:32am

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian_
    Do you mean, "Why do TMA stage point fighting tournaments in hotel lobbies and then post them on Youtube?" I'm also intrested in that.
    So this is point-fighting then?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=7ct3UrNPxwc
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

poser

Posted On:
    7/18/2007 12:23pm

Style: punching bag / crew jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian_
    School promotion, plain and simple.

Loving Father

Posted On:
    7/18/2007 7:48pm

supporting member
     Style: Tao Ga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hoodedmonk
    But then again, if I still lived in tucson AZ. I would still be training at Veon Mccarroll's kajukenbo school. He was doing the same thing back in 1987.
    Doing the same thing?
    Uh. . .Kaju has been doing that "thing" since 1947,
    it's what kajukenbo is!

`~/

Posted On:
    7/18/2007 11:21pm

Style: Bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Whorian Gracie
    Oh you trained at Veon's school? Give me a little review. I am only curious because he has a gazillion black belts under him on the family tree. That always makes me suspect on quality, but maybe he just has his teaching style dialed in.
    Well I dont know about all his belts because I trained there when I was 16 years old I am now 36. I dont even live in Tucson any more I live in washington state now. What I do remember is back then he had a 3rd degree blackbelt in kaj. that I know of but that was a long time ago. We trained at flowing wells high school andthere were two other blackbelts there went on to teach also there names were Don washington and John trueman both were 1st degree black belts back then. Last december with the help of axelton I was able to look him up while visiting my mom in tucson. I didnt train while I was there but we sat and told lies for about an hour. he know has a small gym on the north side of tucson and teaches under "american karate" he said to avoid confusion! I didnt question it. what we did back then wasn't exactly the same as speakmans 5.0 but he used to do things like invite the high school wrestlers to train with us and he was heavily involved with kickboxing also. he trained kickboxers after our classes back then.in fact I helped himwork at a couple of events at the plaza international hotel.(nothing exciting just setting up chairs and **** like that) but I got to watch the event for free and when your 17 thats pretty cool.While I was visiting him I was looking around his dojo and he had pictures of him in hawii recieving a black belt of sort but that's about all I can vouche for personally. hope that helps. I will say one thing all three of the blackbelts that I mentioned were great people, and I will probably always hold them in high regaurds.

Posted On:
    7/18/2007 11:25pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dam! remember I claim only a white belt in spelling. I will try and proof read before posting next time.

Posted On:
    7/18/2007 11:32pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Meex
    Doing the same thing?
    Uh. . .Kaju has been doing that "thing" since 1947,
    it's what kajukenbo is!

`~/

You're probably right, but I was'nt alive in 1947! And the kaj. that I practiced did'nt have the ground work that 5.0 has. It may now, but it didnt then. mostly just throws and joint locks.

Loving Father

Posted On:
    7/19/2007 9:32am

supporting member
     Style: Tao Ga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A lot of the kajukenbo instructors revert to what they knew before (best) when opening their own schools. Which is where many of these 'kempo-karate' schools came from. Most liked the kajukenbo curriculum, but were more comfortable teaching stand up.

Many of the 'old skool' kajukenbo schools start with jjj, judo & kenpo. Many of their 'converts' came from kenpo & karate. The main area I think kajukenbo excels in are the transitions between ranges. But, those are built into the curriclulum, and it all depends on how the individual school trains.

$0.02
    `~/

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/19/2007 10:22am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh El Macho
    So this is point-fighting then?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=7ct3UrNPxwc
    I wasn't refering to the Kenpo videos posted, I was referring to the fact, that if you search around on Youtube, you can find a ton of "Karate vs TKD" and "Kenpo vs TKD" point fighting videos taking place in what seems to be hotel lobbies.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/24/2007 2:26pm

Style: Kenpo,Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i take a system of kenpo and i also do jujitsu and aikido and putting all that in one help me become a well rounded fighter. as for the kenpo 5.0 its al ready been done i have been doing it for 5 year's learning so ya
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast