221993 Bullies, 4317 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12 3456 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

i keep tryin to spar, but nothin happens!

Posted On:
    7/10/2007 9:35am

supporting member
     Style: karate / bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    he absolutely positively does not want to be the one villified in the press and/or congressional hearings on THAT matter. men fighting is tollerable, women fighting will inevitably draw a whole new level of idiotic wrath. and god forbid one girl manage to hurt the other.

he's willing to completely surrender that market rather than take the risk, which is an interesting commentary.

poser

Posted On:
    7/10/2007 9:39am

Style: punching bag / crew jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Women's fighting in general has, because of things like naked oil wrestling, acquired a sexual taboo, and as such the perverse American public would perceive it as spectacle rather than sport, prompting psychopathic Evangelists to villify all of MMA and ruin it for the people who are actually interested.

Posted On:
    7/10/2007 10:06am

Style: Bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There is nothing wrong with women's naked oil wrestiling!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/10/2007 10:56am

Style: Muay Thai/BJJ/Boxing/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I agree, although it is'nt about the money when you first get into it. As you come up in the ranks though you should get more, I don't think they should get as much as Boxers, those paydays were ridiculous, that would have people like Don King getting into MMA promotion, and we all know he would'nt do anything but hurt the sport. Now with that said I think Title Fights and Main events should gross the most under card and feature bouts a little less. Liddell should have got a lot more, but you also have to look at the fact that MMA fighters do get to fight more in a year than most boxers, do to the head trauma boxers suffer. I mean boxers usually prepare for a fight about 3 months before they get into the ring, meanwhile the promoters are taking that 3 months to hype it up, and get everyone involved so they can make big bucks, now MMA guys usually get a fight on 6 weeks notice, which when you look at it from a training aspect is nothing, boxers have 3 mos to perfect just punching and slipping, MMA guys have 6 weeks to work on punching. kicking, knees, elbows, GnP, Submissions, and so many other aspects of the fight game, and they have to fit all of that plus cardio and strength training into 6 weeks in most cases it is crazy, MMA fighters should deff. get paid more, I mean how does Dana White ever expect to see Fedor in the octagon, if he doesn't up the purses, he will end up going to BoDog or somthing. Dana needs to quit insulting these guys talents with these small purses and share some of that wealth with the stars that actually for the most part make it all happen.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/10/2007 10:58am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This happens in all sports. Go down the payroll of any pro sports team and look at the salary gap between the highest paid player and guys just 5 or 6 spots down. Purse is about name recognition.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/10/2007 11:03am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    True but like I said MMA guys can fight more in a year than boxers, so I guess it kinda makes up for it, more fights more pay, and then we endorsements and sponserships, so they come out all right. I bet we'll see guys getting more in years to come, remember the sport just did really hit the mainstream. I like the point Whorion made though about them all going independent that might help there pockets out. I train with a few pros one of which is Diego Saraiva he just got 3K, for his 3rd fight in the UFC granted he lost a decision but he should have been offered more to come out there and fight, i mean that barley covers expenses, another pro I train with is Jeff bedard who just got 6k in the WEC and he won his fight, he should have gotten a lot more, it's just not fair this is the promoters time to make the money but soon the foghters will get paid more, just let the sport continue to blossom as it has and we might get somewhere with this.

Quote Originally Posted by GoneSouth
    This happens in all sports. Go down the payroll of any pro sports team and look at the salary gap between the highest paid player and guys just 5 or 6 spots down. Purse is about name recognition.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    7/10/2007 11:23am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow, thats a massive gap between Tito and Evans. I did not know it was that uneven...
    but its understandable I guess, everybody knows Tito, even people that dont know a thing about the UFC. (Like me about a year ago)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/10/2007 1:01pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MastaChance
    I mean boxers usually prepare for a fight about 3 months before they get into the ring, meanwhile the promoters are taking that 3 months to hype it up, and get everyone involved so they can make big bucks, now MMA guys usually get a fight on 6 weeks notice, which when you look at it from a training aspect is nothing, boxers have 3 mos to perfect just punching and slipping, MMA guys have 6 weeks to work on punching. kicking, knees, elbows, GnP, Submissions, and so many other aspects of the fight game, and they have to fit all of that plus cardio and strength training into 6 weeks in most cases it is crazy, MMA fighters should deff. get paid more, I mean how does Dana White ever expect to see Fedor in the octagon, if he doesn't up the purses, he will end up going to BoDog or somthing. Dana needs to quit insulting these guys talents with these small purses and share some of that wealth with the stars that actually for the most part make it all happen.
    This is true, but also if they were to get paid more (or on a more even scale) many more fighters would be training full time anyway and "having six weeks to prepare" wouldn't be as big of a deal as it is for those guys working 40 hours a week at a day job.

PS: Fedor's already announced to fight in the UFC.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/10/2007 2:43pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I know he has announced it, but how much will he get for it, probably more than any UFC fighter ever, he want fight for peanuts ya know. Well i know that most of the top UFC guy s do train full time, and most of the others get to train and teach full time, I odn't really know of any that are mainstram UFC contenders, that also work other jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Govithoy
    This is true, but also if they were to get paid more (or on a more even scale) many more fighters would be training full time anyway and "having six weeks to prepare" wouldn't be as big of a deal as it is for those guys working 40 hours a week at a day job.

PS: Fedor's already announced to fight in the UFC.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/10/2007 2:51pm

Style: Mo-jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ortiz singed his deal as a free agent who (for whatever reason) was a huge draw and made the UFC lots of money.

Evans signed his deal as a totally unknown TUF contestant. I imagine he'll do better after his TUF contract expires.

I'm more concerneed about the poor guys making only $3K.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12 3456 LastLast