Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/15/2007 7:16pm

Style: Boxing, Judo, BJJ, M.T.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by meataxe
    One man's asshole is another man's devil's advocate. Cracky may have a point, even if it seems a longshot.
    Couture vs. Fedor, my take:

1.) Couture's advantage: Good head movement, decent striking, experience in fighting under UFC rules and fighting in cage, and has unique takedowns.

2.) Fedor's advantage: Submission master, hits like a ton of bricks, good wrestling and takedown defense, (has he fought a Greco-Roman guy before?), and is impervious to any and all emotions. (He is the Iron Curtain).

If Couture gets a first-shot fight with Fedor, it'll be a huge advantage to him. (Another unification title match?) Couture knows the cage and how to use it to his advantage. If Fedor has been training in a cage or if he gets other fights to help him get used to it, I pick Fedor. I never would count Couture out of a fight, but Fedor is a beast.

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    9/17/2007 9:43am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Video from a few months ago showed Fedor training in a cage.

Posted On:
    9/17/2007 9:47am

Style: BJJ/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i wish someone would change the title of this thread. hecka misleading

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    9/17/2007 10:13am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hecka?

WTF. Are you from the Sacramento area but scarred from being scolded for having a potty mouth?

Martial and Sexual Artist

Posted On:
    9/17/2007 11:10am

supporting member
     Style: standup to ground

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by NoMan
    Couture vs. Fedor, my take:

2.) Fedor's advantage: Submission master, hits like a ton of bricks, good wrestling and takedown defense, (has he fought a Greco-Roman guy before?),
    Er...you mean other than OLYMPIC SILVER MEDALIST Matt Lindland?

Posted On:
    9/17/2007 11:16am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And these two guys called Randleman and Coleman, while not GRwrestlers IIRC, are still considered to be kinda decent rasslers.

Posted On:
    9/17/2007 11:28am

Style: karate,MMA(between gyms)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah im actually really really enjoying Cracky right now.

He's keeping us from clinging to strongly to Fedors large nuts.

But he called me a man name on sociocide!! BOOOOOOOOOOO

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/17/2007 7:01pm

Style: BJJ / freestyle wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fedor is the man. but he isn't invincible.

don't get me wrong, i pick him over Randy by a lot. and i don't personally know of any fighter out there i would pick against Fedor.

what i am getting at, is he being the Pride champion, he hasn't had as much exposure as the UFC guys. while fans in the know, and fighters are all aware of his awesomeness, he isn't as hyped as he should be, on an overall scale, IMO.

so, what happens the day when Fedor loses? it will get so blown out of proportion it will be ridiculous. and whoever beats him will be crownd the universal king of MMA. Fedor will actually be more famous in his loss than in his winning streak. it's amazing.

then again, he will probably come to UFC and demolish everyone, in a single file line, bringing his hype level up and making the above point moot.

poser

Posted On:
    9/17/2007 7:48pm

Style: punching bag / crew jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ronaldk
    Fedor is the man. but he isn't invincible.

don't get me wrong, i pick him over Randy by a lot. and i don't personally know of any fighter out there i would pick against Fedor.

what i am getting at, is he being the Pride champion, he hasn't had as much exposure as the UFC guys. while fans in the know, and fighters are all aware of his awesomeness, he isn't as hyped as he should be, on an overall scale, IMO.

so, what happens the day when Fedor loses? it will get so blown out of proportion it will be ridiculous. and whoever beats him will be crownd the universal king of MMA. Fedor will actually be more famous in his loss than in his winning streak. it's amazing.

then again, he will probably come to UFC and demolish everyone, in a single file line, bringing his hype level up and making the above point moot.
    Very good point. I hug his nuts just about as much as anyone else, but look at Cro Cop. The man is obviously not the invincible legendary tree-trunk-leg beast he's been hyped up to be. He's good, yes, but the amount of ridiculous hype over his loss to Gonzaga was just... ridiculous. Sure, people were pissed when Liddell lost, but it was at least somewhat predictable. But listen to the announcers, even in the Kongo fight: the first round was pure nuthuggery, and only when he started getting pounded did they (THE SUPPOSEDLY INFORMED COMMENTATORS, PEOPLE!) realize not only that Kongo is a beast, but also that Cro Cop isn't invincible. They just passed off his loss as "yeah he sucks when he backs up." Well no ****, that's kind of what he needs to work on. I'm guilty of excessive nuthuggery, too, but elevating a fighter to a level of mythic proportions is only going to hurt the fighter when he loses in the end. Nobody claims Rampage is the best fighter ever, even though he knocked out Liddell and beat Hendo. So why say the same for Fedor, Cro Cop, Shogun, Gomi, or just about any of the superstars? Even Bas lost once in a while.

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    9/18/2007 2:04am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kwoww
    Nobody claims Rampage is the best fighter ever, even though he knocked out Liddell and beat Hendo. So why say the same for Fedor, Cro Cop, Shogun, Gomi, or just about any of the superstars?
    Because it looks like Fedor is quite likely (one of) the best ever?

Shogun is young and because of Vanderlai we never saw if he would have been a good champion. Gomi is fucking overrated and IMO lost his belt twice. That's not Fedor though. He should have been dead via Randleman, but won. He walked through CroCop's strikes.

Fedor, of course, isn't unbeatable. That doesn't mean however that he isn't the best out there right now.
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 8 LastLast