Posted On:
    7/12/2007 9:01am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

RE:Henri Oh

3rd Kyu,

I assumed you were an adult . My answer would have been somewhat different if i knew you were a kid .Take care of your problem within the dojo.Dont air these type of issues in a public . TRAIN HARD

Osu!

FRED

Posted On:
    7/12/2007 11:45am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey Fred,

I'm not a kid-- I'm actually in my 30s.

best,
    third kyu

Posted On:
    7/12/2007 1:07pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Third Kyu ,
    If you are an adult ,even if you werent training your common sense would tell you not to post a remark like you did questioning someones character.And as an adult you would know how to handle this situation within the dojo . In any event its clear that I am wasting my time. At your level you should clearly know never question your SHIHAN.What was your name anyway.I'm sure theres still someone In the dojo who would take a personal interest in fully explaining this to you.

Posted On:
    7/12/2007 1:43pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hi Fred,

thanks for your comments. I have to say I disagree. I think it's important for anyone in the martial arts to know who is leading them and to question the leader's character-- especially in Kyokushin where one is asked to work hard and risk injury on a daily basis. I think there's a big difference between respecting and appreciating a teacher and blindly following a leader.

best,
    third kyu

Posted On:
    7/12/2007 2:23pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Third kyu,
    If you want to publically question the character of YOUR shihan .You Should Probably find a new karate school . I never blindly follow anyone. I trained under and worked for Kancho Henri Oh for years . Words mean nothing .Actions speak. My opinion is based on the way I saw him act on a daily basis towards people in general and his students in particular .
    FRED

An American Hero!

Posted On:
    7/12/2007 3:28pm

Business Class Supporting Membersupporting member
     TryKickboxingNow.com - Free Internet Marketing for Kickboxing Programs! Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think Fred is way off here. Saying you should know to never question anything is just plain wrong. In my BJJ class, you can ask the instructor anything you want too. In full contact martial arts, you put yourself at risk and should be able to have a free and open discussion about anything regarding your training or anything that goes on in the training area. Remember, its your money. Instructors are not like parents, they're not authority figures, they're people you pay to learn valuable skills from. If you can't trust them, how can you be sure you're getting what you pay for?

As for the donations, heres an idea. If they ask for them again, quietly ask what they are for after class, saying you don't like to give money when you don't know what its for. If you don't get a n answer you are satisfied with, just decline the offer to donate. Remember, its just a donation, its not a bill or anything. If you get any trouble for not donating (I don't see why you would), then take your business elsewhere.

Posted On:
    7/18/2014 5:13pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    While I may be 7 years too late I felt I should chime in. I also trained with Kancho Henri Oh when I lived in NY [Ironically I was also a 3rd Kyu]. I have always held him in high regards and still do. If you ever have any problems you can easily talk to him in his office after class. Also Sensei [she maybe Shihan now for all I now] Susan who is also manager of the gym and Sensei Orhan are very approachable. If you have any questions they will answer them for you. If I ever moved back to NY I would train with them again in an instant. As for the "cult" remark. Yes there will always be people in any gym and in any style that take things way too seriously. Don't let it sour you on a club if you're enjoying the training.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123