Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    7/11/2007 2:49pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

RE:Henri oh

My name is Fred Tabick. I am a nidan under Kancho Henri oh.I trained under him for approximately 6 years and worked in the gym as a trainer for at least 4 years .Not only is he the finest karate Shihan I have ever trained under WHO TEACHES THE REAL DEAL IN CONDITIONING AND FIGHTING,unlike other shihans who started in this country as kyokushin and then watered the karate down to maximize the financial profitabilty of it .He is a fair,giving man who has helped me in inumerable ways. I left N.Y approx 5 1/2 years ago. Do you really care if he was arrested? Do you believe that makes his physical karate weak? Or are YOU JUST TRYING TO SLANDER HIM.
    WAKE UP .Without even being there I know that SENSEI ORHAN would always be available to answer any question you might have .

A cult .If someone asks you who you are and you dont say YOU ARE KYOKUSHIN I would never want you in ANY CLASS I WOULD EVER TEACH . I would take your money for personal training sessions however and SELL YOU THE LIE .

Good luck . If I was still training there YOU WOULD NEED A LOT MORE THAN THAT

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/11/2007 5:53pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't think thirdkyu was implying that the Shihan was a bad instructor, only that he was questioning why he was being asked to donate money. A lot of Kyokushin dojo's aren't extremely profitable and often rely on student donations to stay afloat. Whenever my old dojo wanted to bring out a guest instructor for example, we would ask the kyu's for donations. No one was ever required to donate, but it was clear where the money was going.....

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/11/2007 5:57pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by thirdkyu
    Thanks Schuyler,

There is at least a sempai there I can talk to about it. I don't question the kancho's ability as a teacher, but I do get the feeling that there's a power trip going on. It wasn't clear why we were supposed to give money to the sensei-- we were just told that the sensei needed money and that we should all give $20 to the kancho.

Third Kyu
    When I first started training I thought the same thing about the Sempai/Sensei. They always seemed to be very hard on the kyu's, always finding something wrong with their technique. Than I realized this is what makes Kyokushin such a strong martial art. Some styles give rank for showing up, not Kyokushin....You earn your rank in blood, sweat and tears (which again as a third kyu I'm sure you know).

Posted On:
    7/11/2007 6:34pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dear Fred,

I am not in any way trying to slander anyone. I just want to study with someone I can trust. Like I said, he's a good teacher and the folks I work with at the dojo are great friends. (Part of the reason I'm asking about this-- I have a strong community there and I don't want to go elsewhere.) But it is a concern to be working with someone who lectures the younger students about the importance of honesty when he does have this particular history of having defrauded the New York City school board of a large amount of money.

best,
    third kyu

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/12/2007 12:57am

Style: Wrestling & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by fred tabick
    My name is Fred Tabick. I am a nidan under Kancho Henri oh.I trained under him for approximately 6 years and worked in the gym as a trainer for at least 4 years .Not only is he the finest karate Shihan I have ever trained under WHO TEACHES THE REAL DEAL IN CONDITIONING AND FIGHTING,unlike other shihans who started in this country as kyokushin and then watered the karate down to maximize the financial profitabilty of it .He is a fair,giving man who has helped me in inumerable ways. I left N.Y approx 5 1/2 years ago. Do you really care if he was arrested? Do you believe that makes his physical karate weak? Or are YOU JUST TRYING TO SLANDER HIM.
    WAKE UP .Without even being there I know that SENSEI ORHAN would always be available to answer any question you might have .

A cult .If someone asks you who you are and you dont say YOU ARE KYOKUSHIN I would never want you in ANY CLASS I WOULD EVER TEACH . I would take your money for personal training sessions however and SELL YOU THE LIE .

Good luck . If I was still training there YOU WOULD NEED A LOT MORE THAN THAT

I always used to laugh at Karate. That was before I saw some Kyokushin clips on Youtube.com. Those guys are scary ! After watching some Kyokushin or San SHou clips I changed my views on Traditional Martial Arts. But what type of conditioning did your instructor get you guys to do ?

GIJoe6186 like boys, mainly his brother

Posted On:
    7/12/2007 2:47am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He is not slandering anyone. He wants to know where his money is going. Hell if my teacher asked me to donate money to anyone I would ask why.

I understand the instructor served his time and that should not be an issue, but he did do it so should accept the fact that he may have to convince some people of his honesty in financial matters.

What is with not questioning your instructor? This is the USA, do whatever you want! I understand if you were to say "don't be a dick when questioning the instructor" but to not be allowed to question is stupid. Just ask after class, be polite, and listen/practice what he says before you make up your mind.

An American Hero!

Posted On:
    7/12/2007 3:27am

Business Class Supporting Membersupporting member
     TryKickboxingNow.com - Free Internet Marketing for Kickboxing Programs! Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yea, actually that does sound like a cult. Not one that is trying to get you to kill yourself or anything, but never questioning the instructor? Being asked to donate money for a sensei? Not know where that money is going too?

The part where if you are asked who are you and you don't respond "I am Kyokushin" is just retarded. Im sorry but maybe its just for fun or maybe you don't define yourself with one skill or maybe if someone asks "Who are you?" You should respond with your name.

Yea I think this all sounds pretty silly, but it could all be a very legitimate organization. He used to be a felon. If he served his time, he is a part of the community again. I still might like to know, so ask or find out somehow.

To sum up my advice, just ask the guy and if your told not to ask questions, remind him that he works for you, you pay him to teach you and go somewhere else.

Dorkus Malorkus

Posted On:
    7/12/2007 3:41am

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/BJJudo/Crossfit

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's the Japanese wannabe karate mindset. It's what draws a lot of people to karate in the first place. Let's say it's not the whole business/client relationship. Do you think it's wrong to question your school teachers?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/12/2007 6:33am

Style: KYOKUSHIN KARATE

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think you should take up this issue in house,not here.You cannot get real answers from us.In your place I would ask my Sempai the reason for the donation.If not satisfied with the answer , I would then ask Kancho.
    You have every right to know where your donation is going,and why.
    On the other hand don't expect anything more than general answers.Usually when someone reaches the stage where they need donations,emotions are a big issue.
    So,ask,but delicately with all due respect.

Posted On:
    7/12/2007 8:17am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks guys. I'll let you know what happens.

Best,
    Third Kyu
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast