Page 1 of 2 12 Last

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Decent Silat Video

YouTube - world silat championship 2007

Few nice throws and kicks,better than the HW/FQ coverage.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't dig much on competition silat, as the TKD really creeps in around the edges. It's good that they were doing more throwing.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Some good throws there. No head strikes?
    "This is why we are here. Because the Martial Arts for too long have been cloaked in an unnecessary level of secrecy bordering on mysticism, and its in these shadows that the cockroaches love to hide. -Phrost"

Quote Originally Posted by Squerlli
    And of course, our resident hard man, underground fighter, kitten rescuer, loving father (I'm serious), and over all very sexy furry ************... Budo monkeh.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not under the silly Persilat ruleset. Silat should really just use Sanshou rules with no boxing gloves.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I can't really imagine a Silat tourney with completely open rules. Palm Heels & Chops to the head, reinforced elbows... nah, that wouldn't last too long.
    "Judo is a study of techniques with which you may kill if you wish to kill, injure if you wish to injure, subdue if you wish to subdue, and, when attacked, defend yourself" - Jigoro Kano (1889)
    ***Was this quote "taken out of context"?***

"The judoist has no time to allow himself a margin for error, especially in a situation upon which his or another person's very life depends...."
    ~ The Secret of Judo (Jiichi Watanabe & Lindy Avakian), p.19

"Hope is not a method... nor is enthusiasm."
    ~ Brigadier General Gordon Toney

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Silat isnt meant to be a competition sport, it is no nonsense real life combat martial art!its stupid to make a sport like karate or judo!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by pencaksilatsam9
    Silat isnt meant to be a competition sport, it is no nonsense real life combat martial art!its stupid to make a sport like karate or judo!
    There are quite a few Silat techniques that can be used in tournament. Kicks and sweeps, for example. A well timed and applied sapu or beset is a beautiful thing...

YouTube - Showtime 2! Pencak Silat -By Bongkot-

YouTube - Showtime 3 -by Bongkot-

YouTube - Silat Super Sapus -by Bongkot-

YouTube - Elements of Sapu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_taVg2WrvvE
    "Judo is a study of techniques with which you may kill if you wish to kill, injure if you wish to injure, subdue if you wish to subdue, and, when attacked, defend yourself" - Jigoro Kano (1889)
    ***Was this quote "taken out of context"?***

"The judoist has no time to allow himself a margin for error, especially in a situation upon which his or another person's very life depends...."
    ~ The Secret of Judo (Jiichi Watanabe & Lindy Avakian), p.19

"Hope is not a method... nor is enthusiasm."
    ~ Brigadier General Gordon Toney

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    in tournament it's call silat olahraga much more different from traditional silat.

http://www.theartsoffight.co.cc

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Even though it's basically TKD plus takedowns and minus headkicks, it's still a whole helluva a lot better than doing jurus.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I beg your pardon, that fourth video from the top of the last post was certainly NOT TKD. It was Pencak Silat, performed by what I can only describe as a DEAD SEXY MARTIAL ARTS GENIUS. Also a world-renowned curry expert, but thatís beside the point.

In all seriousness, whoever put my clip up there, thanks for the exposure.

Bobbe Edmonds

Page 1 of 2 12 Last