Sponsored Links Spacer Image

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    7/07/2007 8:07pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If they don't know real from fake, they can't tell the ratings apart either, so basically the ratings are a good guideline for children whose parents already watch TV with them and meaningless to the ones whose parents don't.
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/07/2007 9:55pm

Style: Brawling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Anyone seen Wild Boyz on MTV? Makes the cartoon and MMA violence look tame. The two morons in the show go out and do stupid stunts and actually get hurt.

When I catch my kids watching it, I make them turn it off after I watch it with them for 15 or 20 minutes just to make sure it's still stupid. But it is funny in a Three Stooges sort of way :D

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/07/2007 9:58pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCache
    If they don't know real from fake, they can't tell the ratings apart either, so basically the ratings are a good guideline for children whose parents already watch TV with them and meaningless to the ones whose parents don't.
    Well, no TV is going to make up for a lack of parenting.

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    7/08/2007 12:36am

supporting memberforum leader

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    exactly my point. I mean, if you aren't watching the TV with them and teaching them what the **** they're looking at, it doesn't matter if it's got all the ratings in the world. TVMA becomes "WHOA A GOOD SHOW STOP FLIPPING"
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    7/08/2007 8:02am

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tabwyo
    It's cuz we had parents that put their foot in our ass when we did stoopid ****. We aren't from the "time out" generation. We are from the "you fucked up now your ass is grass" generation.
    Ain't that the truth.

You have two types of kids in my neighborhood. Those who parents beat their ass and those who don't. You can clearly see which is which. It funny to me because I live on base and you would think in a military community that "discipline" wouldn't be a foreign concept.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Using Donkey Guard to Sniffz Your Feetz

Posted On:
    7/08/2007 11:52am

Style: Kick Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Asia the Invincible
    Ain't that the truth.

You have two types of kids in my neighborhood. Those who parents beat their ass and those who don't. You can clearly see which is which. It funny to me because I live on base and you would think in a military community that "discipline" wouldn't be a foreign concept.
    I noticed that families where both parents were in the service the level of discipline was pretty high. But in household where just one is the service person most of the kids were hellions just as soon as the service parent left for work. Especialy in Navy families, and the Navy isn't exactly the most disciplined outfit, where the parents were subject to regular 6+ month deployments.
    Amateur MMA record: 8-3-1
    Pro MMA record: 3-1

International Man of Pancakes

Posted On:
    7/08/2007 1:00pm

Style: Wu style tcc+bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kwoww
    On the other hand, most kids have a surprisingly good sense of real vs. imaginary. I never thought Sesame Street was real, and never learned anything from that show that didn't end up helping me somehow. But it's the newer shows that **** kids up, like Boobah, which is basically an acid trip on TV.
    When I was a teenager, I knew a guy who thought the muppet show was real... but he did a lot of drugs.
    Anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices.
    - Voltaire
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123