230833 Bullies, 4649 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 21 to 28 of 28
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Emevas is offline
    Emevas's Avatar

    Dysfunctionally Strong

    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Minot AFB, ND
    Posts
    6,788

    Posted On:
    7/11/2007 11:58am

    supporting member
     Style: Boxing/Wrestling

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bobyclumsyninja
    Loose the creatine...and have water not coffee before you workout. You're feeling hyped up because coffee does that. It's not good fuel, just gives you temporary oomph. Good old h2o (not too cold, shocks the body) before and during. Bananas as breakfast perhaps (less cramping) or nothing....just work out.

    I don't use creatine, or any supliments...if I remember correctly, it's for muscle growth right? exept packing on lbs of muscle doesn't always help you strike better, or make the right muscle. I don't want my body getting more developed than I've earned in training...so my frame can keep up. Good diet, in reasonable proportions, smart eating patterns and hard training should give you everything you need.
    You don't know what creatine is, but you're telling him not to take it? Yeah, good job dude.
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69
  2. truepwrz is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    773

    Posted On:
    7/11/2007 7:33pm


     Style: Boxing

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    punching thingy at fighthouse?? maybe i should try that too sounds cool.. oh yeah someone told me to cycle on and off is it really necessary???
  3. Emevas is offline
    Emevas's Avatar

    Dysfunctionally Strong

    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Minot AFB, ND
    Posts
    6,788

    Posted On:
    7/11/2007 7:40pm

    supporting member
     Style: Boxing/Wrestling

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dude, creatine isn't helping you right now. Get some sleep, get some food, get a good routine, and once you get all that, then start supplementing. It's a supplement, not a staple.
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69
  4. bobyclumsyninja is offline
    bobyclumsyninja's Avatar

    :)

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Bahstun
    Posts
    7,061

    Posted On:
    7/11/2007 8:00pm

    supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas
    You don't know what creatine is, but you're telling him not to take it? Yeah, good job dude.
    yeah, any time. I'm saying drink water, and work out the right way. Advising him to earn the muscle the hard way is sound advice...have you seen his standup? I'm no guru but I punch hard as hell for a reason dude. It's form mostly, and the right muscle, not big bulging arms. If anyone can come to a throwdown (like the NE mega), and can take my right cross to the belly, and stay upright...I'll give them $20 bucks on the spot. I'll bring enough dinero for 2 or 3 people (even if I lose the bet, it'll be fun for me). And he shouldn't be taking creatine, as you say so yourself.
  5. bobyclumsyninja is offline
    bobyclumsyninja's Avatar

    :)

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Bahstun
    Posts
    7,061

    Posted On:
    7/11/2007 8:12pm

    supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by truepwrz
    punching thingy at fighthouse?? maybe i should try that too sounds cool.. oh yeah someone told me to cycle on and off is it really necessary???
    you mean the days? If you work it properly, you'll need a day for your shoulder and triceps to forgive you.

    as for the punching machine, you punch the ball up into the machine, and it grades you..the high was 741, I think, then I got 748...one of the big dudes got 760 summit, and so I had to finish on a 781 (approx) without timing it doesn't mean ****...but still, it was fun to try. I showed up late, kempofist had to come get me and my girl and world war cheese from 6th ave, I think...I cholked one guy out, and sparred (kickboxing) blackie chan...but neither video's posted here...I wasn't the one filming.

    TruPwrz, aren't you in Boston? If you want to train together at some point, let me know...I'll show you what I'm talking about...and I'm heavier than you, so you can slug me a bit and get the feel for it...without killing me.
  6. Teh El Macho is offline
    Teh El Macho's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia
    Posts
    11,762

    Posted On:
    7/11/2007 9:40pm

    supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    truepwrz, for the nth time, get some fucking sleep!!!!!! All members of the animal kingdom, from the humble sponge to the mighty whale to the retarded man, they are all genetically designed (and required) to do three things: eat, **** and sleep.

    Don't mess with Momma Nature and get to sleep... bitch!!!! :biblethum
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

    My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

    New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

    t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

    The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris
  7. Emevas is offline
    Emevas's Avatar

    Dysfunctionally Strong

    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Minot AFB, ND
    Posts
    6,788

    Posted On:
    7/12/2007 3:05pm

    supporting member
     Style: Boxing/Wrestling

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bobyclumsyninja
    yeah, any time. I'm saying drink water, and work out the right way. Advising him to earn the muscle the hard way is sound advice...have you seen his standup? I'm no guru but I punch hard as hell for a reason dude. It's form mostly, and the right muscle, not big bulging arms. If anyone can come to a throwdown (like the NE mega), and can take my right cross to the belly, and stay upright...I'll give them $20 bucks on the spot. I'll bring enough dinero for 2 or 3 people (even if I lose the bet, it'll be fun for me). And he shouldn't be taking creatine, as you say so yourself.
    Why do things the hard way when you can do them the right way? Work smarter, not harder dude.

    He's not going to get "bulging arms" out of nowhere. Where are you getting this crap? You don't wake up huge. To get "bulging arms", you need to train for decades and have great genetics and chemical assistance.

    Learn what creatine is before you say if someone should or shouldn't take it.
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69
  8. Teh El Macho is offline
    Teh El Macho's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia
    Posts
    11,762

    Posted On:
    7/12/2007 4:41pm

    supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bobyclumsyninja
    And he shouldn't be taking creatine, as you say so yourself.
    He said it because he has a very specific reason, and he (rightly) points it out that you are telling truepwrz he should not to without knowing exactly why (see below).

    Quote Originally Posted by bobyclumsyninja
    I don't use creatine, or any supliments...if I remember correctly, it's for muscle growth right?
    Your contribution is always appreciated, but remember that everything is scrutinized (in particular in the PE forums.) So please make sure you put some thought process behind your reasoning. That will be much appretiated.

    Quote Originally Posted by bobyclumsyninja
    yeah, any time. I'm saying drink water, and work out the right way. Advising him to earn the muscle the hard way is sound advice...
    You mean earning muscle the "right" way, right? Right == efficient, which doesn't necessarily means easy. Earning muscle is hard no matter how you cut it.

    Quote Originally Posted by bobyclumsyninja
    have you seen his standup?
    And what's the relevance? Do you know exactly truepwrz' goals? Right now he's on a crossroads trying to simultaneously train MA and gain mass while dealing with his 17-year old metabolism. Plus he's trying several things to find out what to do best and better. His quest for gaining size has nothing (and should have nothing) to do with his standup skills (or lack thereof.)

    Quote Originally Posted by bobyclumsyninja
    I'm no guru but I punch hard as hell for a reason dude. It's form mostly, and the right muscle, not big bulging arms.
    This we know, too. You are making the assumption he wants size to improve his standup (or that we are suggesting him to do so.) That's not the case.

    Quote Originally Posted by bobyclumsyninja
    If anyone can come to a throwdown (like the NE mega), and can take my right cross to the belly, and stay upright...I'll give them $20 bucks on the spot. I'll bring enough dinero for 2 or 3 people (even if I lose the bet, it'll be fun for me).
    Check the throwdown section. I'm sure you can get in contact with members in the NE area. Have fun.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

    My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

    New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

    t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

    The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.