Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/06/2007 3:03pm

Style: Kickboxing, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by theprotz
    Thanks for the input man, but you're just stating the obvious..
    No probs.. but if I'm stating the obvious, what are you stating since we are not agreeing!

Also.. you get much better absorption by mixing Creatine and a glucose supp. with alpha-lipoic acid..
    Now you're contradicting your own post, which stated "but you should only mix creatine with warm/room temp water." Unless of course you were joking throughout most of your post, in which case there's little point arguing :icon_lol:

Also, you are assuming that everyone wants to "bulk up" using Creatine.. Although it is very recommended in some scenarios, it's not always the best course of action for everyone..
    That's just one case of why you would want to take creatine constantly rather than just on the days you are lifting etc. I didn't state that everyone wants to get t3h h00ge. However, you stated "Only take it on days that you need it, like when you are lifting etc.." which I disagree with, since I think that creatine should be taken daily in order to build stores up. After all, you wouldn't only eat protein on days you were lifting, would you?

I'm just a little puzzled how you can post that I'm "just stating the obvious" since I disagreed with most of your original post. Ah well.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/06/2007 9:20pm

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalRage
    why oh why....

whered you get the idea to do this
    oh well.. i only sleep 3 hours a day about and without coffee i will be a dead fish... i work out about an hour after waking up.... so i just mix coffee with creatine to save time...

maybe i should stop using creatine for a while i get 2 cramps in one day....

thanks for all the advice

GIJoe6186 like boys, mainly his brother

Posted On:
    7/06/2007 9:45pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So you have headaches and cramps? Probably not drinking enough water. Or you are sensitive to caffeine.

Why do you sleep only 3 hours a day? That will kill you, 8hrs is needed if you are lifting and doing MA.

On the acid issue..the stomach acid is way worse than that in juices, so I would imagine it won't do much as long as you drink it right away. If it can survive stomach acid it can survive OJ.

Dysfunctionally Strong

Posted On:
    7/06/2007 10:12pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you're only sleeping 3 hours a day, creatine isn't the answer. Sleep is. You need sleep to get bigger and stronger.
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/07/2007 8:34pm

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    alright thanks for the answer people =) good day

poser

Posted On:
    7/07/2007 11:01pm

Style: punching bag / crew jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    LOL I feel absolutely terrible on any less than 8 hours, caffeine or not. Get to bed you nutcase.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/11/2007 8:02am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Man, just drink it with a good amount of water. People have been going back and forth on the best way to take it for over a decade now (with carbs, some protein, etc…). Just take it on a relatively empty stomach and in a way that doesn’t make you fell like crap. And sleep too…

:)

Posted On:
    7/11/2007 8:16am

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by truepwrz
    every morning i drink coffee and creatine mixed together then workout an hour later on workout days. today my friend told me its not good for my body i actuallly felt my head hurting now.... help please

Loose the creatine...and have water not coffee before you workout. You're feeling hyped up because coffee does that. It's not good fuel, just gives you temporary oomph. Good old h2o (not too cold, shocks the body) before and during. Bananas as breakfast perhaps (less cramping) or nothing....just work out.

I don't use creatine, or any supliments...if I remember correctly, it's for muscle growth right? exept packing on lbs of muscle doesn't always help you strike better, or make the right muscle. I don't want my body getting more developed than I've earned in training...so my frame can keep up. Good diet, in reasonable proportions, smart eating patterns and hard training should give you everything you need.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    7/11/2007 8:22am

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    aspirin is widely known to be a simple and cheap fatburner
    And an anti-inflammatory which is, like, antithesis to the process by which lifting benefits you.

:)

Posted On:
    7/11/2007 8:43am

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    TruPwrz, I've seen your standup sparring footage...you looked like you sleep three hours a day.
    Your frame is narrow, and will only carry so much muscle... I'd suggest working on your form while you tweak out your diet...elbows in. With your arms flailing around, you'll eat belly punches, one good shot in the tummy, and you might eject all that creatine into your shorts.

All jokes aside, drink water right as you get up, a little before training, some during, and loads afterwards...eat protein laden foods (after you stop sweating)...don't shower while sweating...and lose the morning pre training coffee. You'll most likely lose the headaches.

If you want the right muscle for striking, do a series of 3 minute rounds of double or triple jabs across the mat and back every other day...push off the back foot for each punch and step with it.rear hand by your chin...elbows in, push punches from your nose, no telegraphing or winding up..good practice for gaining ground safely, and your arms and shoulder muscles will over time, rise to the challange and adapt. Also do right or left crosses the same way....do it for 3 minutes continuously, punching with the hip turn and pivoting on the rear foot a little,again pushing the punch from your nose, straight down the middle. keep it up for 3 mins at a time and you'll feel the burn...you muscles will do naturally what you need them to, if you're eating right. You'll get long lean striking muscle...Personally, I'll take that over continuous crunch weight lifting muscle any day.
    I only strike and use weights to hold as I do so...it works, If you want to hurt someone through 12 or 16 oz gloves and headgear (if your in san da, you'll need to). At the last NY throwdown, which you sadly missed, I set the high score on the rediculous punching machine at the Fighthouse...I'm only 172 lbs. (with no six pack) but I only train my muscles to help me punch/kick. That said, my BJJ doesn't exist and I don't know what's needed for it. I'll shut up.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast