Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/06/2007 11:58am

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

coffee with creatine...

every morning i drink coffee and creatine mixed together then workout an hour later on workout days. today my friend told me its not good for my body i actuallly felt my head hurting now.... help please

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    7/06/2007 12:35pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey kid, you want help? A suggestion? Here it's one: stop mixing creatine and coffee. Use common sense man. Go drink water, lots of it.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/06/2007 12:36pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Many

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Never mix anything with coffee, unless it's kalua. ;) but you should only mix creatine with warm/room temp water. Avoid Juices of any kind, as the acid nullifies the creatine. don't overdo it.. 5+ grams per day can cause side effects(dizziness/headache) in most people with average muscle tone and body weight.. Only take it on days that you need it, like when you are lifting etc.. You should definitely get on a scheduled workout routine.. otherwise, it's all for nothing and you will be doing more damage than good. Hope this helps.

Oh and BTW - You can find all this **** on Google by going there and simply typing in "Creatine" in the search box.
    Last edited by theprotz; 7/06/2007 12:47pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/06/2007 12:55pm

Style: Kickboxing, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by theprotz
    Never mix anything with coffee, unless it's kalua. ;) but you should only mix creatine with warm/room temp water. Avoid Juices of any kind, as the acid nullifies the creatine. don't overdo it.. 5+ grams per day can cause side effects(dizziness/headache) in most people with average muscle tone and body weight.. Only take it on days that you need it, like when you are lifting etc.. You should definitely get on a scheduled workout routine.. otherwise, it's all for nothing and you will be doing more damage than good. Hope this helps.
    What the ****? You're not really gonna do any major damage by taking creatine unless you are terribly irresponsible and take huge overdoses. If you take too much, a lot will get pissed out anyway. Obviously sensitive people may experience side effects from creatine supplementation but most people won't.

Continuously supplementing with creatine will also build stores... why just take it on lifting days? A lot of people also take it to increase waterretention and "bulk up"... wouldn't be possible if you only took it every other day or even less frequently.

Many experts suggest mixing creatine with carbs of some sort, since this creates an insulin spike and aids uptake of creatine. Why limit yourself to water? Luke-warm water + creatine would taste shite too.

Community Corrections Officer

Posted On:
    7/06/2007 1:16pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, TKD BB

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, everything I've read says to mix/take your creatine with some form of simple sugars. Most people use fruit juice. I've heard the acid thing before too, which is why most people use apple juice and stay away from the citrus stuff.

Also, there's nothing wrong with drinking coffee before a workout. Caffeine and aspirin is widely known to be a simple and cheap fatburner. Plus the cafeeine gives you energy. The diuretic affects of coffee are highly overrated. Last study I read said that the water you injest drinking coffee is about equal to the water you lose. Also, if you are a habitual coffe drinker it has even less effct. Anyway, all you have to do is make sure you are also drinking plenty of water, which is something you should be doing anyway.

But, dude, don't mix your creatine and coffee. Blech!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/06/2007 1:34pm

Style: Kickboxing, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt W.
    It's funny how many people do actually. Not that I'm advocating it - I'd rather take mine with carbs, but a number of people do take it with coffee.

Coffee tastes like crap anyway though.. don't drink it.:qleft2:

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    7/06/2007 1:40pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt W.
    Yeah, everything I've read says to mix/take your creatine with some form of simple sugars. Most people use fruit juice. I've heard the acid thing before too, which is why most people use apple juice and stay away from the citrus stuff.

Also, there's nothing wrong with drinking coffee before a workout. Caffeine and aspirin is widely known to be a simple and cheap fatburner. Plus the cafeeine gives you energy. The diuretic affects of coffee are highly overrated. Last study I read said that the water you injest drinking coffee is about equal to the water you lose. Also, if you are a habitual coffe drinker it has even less effct. Anyway, all you have to do is make sure you are also drinking plenty of water, which is something you should be doing anyway.

Exactly. Creatine by itself tastes like dried, pulverized crap. And with coffee? By the Boobs of Isis, the taste if of that combo must suck ass.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Community Corrections Officer

Posted On:
    7/06/2007 2:01pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, TKD BB

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For all we know he's mixing the fruit punch flavored creatine mix in his coffee! ...The horror...

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/06/2007 2:34pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Many

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JabCrossHook
    What the ****? You're not really gonna do any major damage by taking creatine unless you are terribly irresponsible and take huge overdoses. If you take too much, a lot will get pissed out anyway. Obviously sensitive people may experience side effects from creatine supplementation but most people won't.

Continuously supplementing with creatine will also build stores... why just take it on lifting days? A lot of people also take it to increase waterretention and "bulk up"... wouldn't be possible if you only took it every other day or even less frequently.

Many experts suggest mixing creatine with carbs of some sort, since this creates an insulin spike and aids uptake of creatine. Why limit yourself to water? Luke-warm water + creatine would taste shite too.
    Thanks for the input man, but you're just stating the obvious.. Also.. you get much better absorption by mixing Creatine and a glucose supp. with alpha-lipoic acid..

Also, you are assuming that everyone wants to "bulk up" using Creatine.. Although it is very recommended in some scenarios, it's not always the best course of action for everyone..

I agree that most people wont experience side effects, but this character did.. the question is whether it was from too much Creatine or too much fuckin coffee.. lol..

Initially, I wasnt talkin about his Creatine intake anyway.. I was talkin about his Workout routine.. If he works the same muscle groups every single day etc...

WARNING: BJJ may cause airway obstruction.

Posted On:
    7/06/2007 2:40pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Bajillion Joo Jizzu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by truepwrz
    every morning i drink coffee and creatine mixed together then workout an hour later on workout days. today my friend told me its not good for my body i actuallly felt my head hurting now.... help please
    why oh why....

whered you get the idea to do this
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast