Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/06/2007 11:00am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: boxing, GR wrestling,kmpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Many Young Fighters....

seem to lack respect for anyone or anything.

Case in point, our local MMA/boxing gym suddenly closed. I was in negotiations to purchase the club, however, do to other professional responsibilities I was hesitant to purchase the club.
    The young man who owned the club fought for me for a short time until I placed him with a manager that could dedicate the time this talented young man required.
    Over the course of the last two years I have gotten to work out with some sharp competitors in both MMA (including a UFC veteran; one of the more humble young men I have met) and several talented pro boxer's.
    However, the one thing I have found while working out at the now defunct gym is that majority of young fighters these days are mostly punks and thugs and this is what is giving MMA and boxing a bad reputation.
    As I mentioned above, the young man that owned the local gym closed without warning leaving a dozen or so amateur boxers ranging in ages from 9-21 looking for a coach. And why did he close? Becuase it was "too much of a hassle," as his pro career is taking off and he feels he needs time for "him." wah! Want some cheese with your wine.
    I feel sad for the state of the sports of boxing and MMA. The day of the true champions are fast dwindling away.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/06/2007 12:01pm

Style: Feng Shou; BJJ noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Stick it, granddad.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/06/2007 1:44pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'll throw hands with you any time, lad. You are only reinforcing my point.

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    7/06/2007 1:50pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is barely worth responding to but you might want to look into the phrase "sweeping generalizations"

Also, at a certain age you should probably stop complaining about younger people because you probably should have helped shaped them somewhere along the line.

My pleasure.

Posted On:
    7/06/2007 2:03pm

Join us... or die
     Style: yang taichi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not too old to troll. The guy decided to pursue paper rather than help his fellow man. His choice to be a dick not a sign of the times.
    Sumus extra manum tuam.

Enforcer of Northeast Anti-Silliness Department Inc.

Posted On:
    7/06/2007 2:26pm

supporting member
     Style: Kaju, BJJ, Judo, Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    young people have no respect because no one ever beat it into them. And I guess I train in the minority of places where the majority of students are quite humble and respectful.
    Knowing is not enough, you must apply...
    ...Willing is not enough you must do
    ~Bruce Lee

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/06/2007 2:33pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    young people have no respect because no one ever beat it into them. And I guess I train in the minority of places where the majority of students are quite humble and respectful.
    See, my wrestling coach in high school as well as my boxing coach were both very strict on attitude. And if you talked smack you had better be ready to back it up. I see quite a few fellows talking **** but very few that can back it up. Sorry, but it takes more than speedos and a few tats to make you a bad ass.
    My granddad fought in the Marine Corps in WWII. He was a China Marine not that means **** to many here. He was a real bad ass and he was a Golden Gloves back when that meant something and he was a quite easy going man. I suppose I'm in the wrong place for humility though.
    Lots and lots of keyboard warriors here. I would like to come to the next throwdown. I'll see when there is one close to me. I figure the few real bad asses on here show up to those.

Enforcer of Northeast Anti-Silliness Department Inc.

Posted On:
    7/06/2007 2:55pm

supporting member
     Style: Kaju, BJJ, Judo, Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jax_wasted_time
    See, my wrestling coach in high school as well as my boxing coach were both very strict on attitude. And if you talked smack you had better be ready to back it up. I see quite a few fellows talking **** but very few that can back it up. Sorry, but it takes more than speedos and a few tats to make you a bad ass.
    My granddad fought in the Marine Corps in WWII. He was a China Marine not that means **** to many here. He was a real bad ass and he was a Golden Gloves back when that meant something and he was a quite easy going man. I suppose I'm in the wrong place for humility though.
    Lots and lots of keyboard warriors here. I would like to come to the next throwdown. I'll see when there is one close to me. I figure the few real bad asses on here show up to those.
    Well glad you're willing to visit a throwdown. I think you'll find what I did, and that most of the regular posters here are not keyboard warriors, as they show up to throwdowns, and tend to be much softer toned when in person. On the net where you speak through text, it becomes very easy to misunderstand one another, as well as -intentionally or not- be rude and abrasive. This is especially true in the YMAS forum, where sarcasm and **** talking are pretty much expected.

*edit* If you're ever in or around NY, drop me a message.
    Knowing is not enough, you must apply...
    ...Willing is not enough you must do
    ~Bruce Lee

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/06/2007 3:27pm

Style: Feng Shou; BJJ noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Do Americans really say 'lad'? It just doesn't seem right in my head with an American accent.

But if I may be serious for a moment. People have been complaining how today's youth are degenerates compared to yesterday's since time immemorial.

"Thus educated, they will invent for themselves any lesser rules which their predecessors have altogether neglected.

What do you mean?

I mean such things as these:--when the young are to be silent before their elders; how they are to show respect to them by standing and making them sit; what honour is due to parents; what garments or shoes are to be worn; the mode of dressing the hair; deportment and manners in general. You would agree with me?"

The Republic/Book IV

poser

Posted On:
    7/06/2007 3:52pm

Style: punching bag / crew jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We only say "lad" when we're mocking Brits.

But back on topic, case in point: Uriah Faber. He's such a good fighter, but he's such a fucking asshole.
Page 1 of 10 1 2345 ... LastLast