Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/28/2007 5:11am

Style: MMA, TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalRage
    And after the movie during the credits, they show some of the training that was done for the movie - from the looks of it, kinda looks like an MMA gym, they had a ring where they were practicing throws and grappling, bagwork, and thai pad work.

Not a bad blend of MMA and hong kong movie kung fu.
    I've got a copy of the HK two disk set which has a couple of nice features about the training and martial arts used in the film. One of the features is named 'ultimate fighters' and is an extended version of stuff you see in the credits with Donnie talking over the top (in English) about MMA, training, and getting it to look both good and real in the film.
    There's a nice long Making Of also which features more gym training, but also Donnie and his action crew on set going through and working out the moves. Well worth a look as there are moves that aren't in the movie, and different angles to some that are. Also cast members talking about how much it all hurt to film. :)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/28/2007 5:30am

Style: I know Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It was freaking cool. I just got the CD 2 days ago. It was really MMA with lots of HK style action movie thrown in for flavor. Hong Kong action movie of our generation. If my guess is right, we'll be seeing this become more mainstream.

Kata Gurama into metal rails for the win!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/28/2007 11:02am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    there are actually quite a few bjj gyms in hong kong, with a decent amount of people training, so it might be catching on there
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12