Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/06/2007 12:49am

Style: BJJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Questions about diet and workout

Hello,

So I currently weigh 77kg at 184cm, and my bodyfat index is around 10%. I want to make it lower.

I eat 4-5 times a day, here is current diet:

Breakfast - 4 scrambled eggs on wholemeal toast
    Morning tea - tuna sandwich, some fruit
    Lunch - chicken, cheese and pineapple toasted sandwich, protein shake
    Meal between lunch and dinner - some wholemeal bread, or maybe another tuna sandwich
    Dinner - Usually a chicken/lettuce/cheese sub, or steak and veggies if the GF is cooking, and another protein shake

I'm quite strict with this, but i do like beer on weekends, and have a cheat day once a week.

I train weights 3 times a week

Tue - Chest/Back
    Thu - Arms/Shoulders
    Sat - Core/Deadlifts/Squats/

and MMA on Mon Wed and Fri

Is there any obvious way to improve my diet to drop bodyfat? or do I need to do more bike-riding and running etc? The MMA class has lots of skipping and conditioning things, but not much stuff that feels like it would burn fat if you get what I mean.

I'm checking out NutritionData.com but any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Being Sublime Daily

Posted On:
    7/06/2007 1:16am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    dude you eat a whole **** of a lot of food. Eat less. Instead of 4 eggs, have two. You don't need a protein shake along with your meal, have those between meals instead of the tuna sandwiches.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/06/2007 2:52am

Style: BJJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BSDaemon
    dude you eat a whole **** of a lot of food. Eat less. Instead of 4 eggs, have two. You don't need a protein shake along with your meal, have those between meals instead of the tuna sandwiches.
    So I'm taking in too much protein? I'm on a hypertrophy program right now, trying to reach a solid 80kg, but maintain a low bodyfat.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/06/2007 6:44am

Style: Wrestling & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Don't be concerned with 'bulking' or 'cutting'. Just train hard and eat right. Personally, that is more food than I could eat and I train alot. I don't buy this whole 6 meals a day business. Who the hell has time to eat 6 meals a day ?

I just have:

Breakfast - 8:00am
    Lunch - 12:00 pm
    Afternoon Snack around 3:30pm
    Training at 6:00pm
    Dinner: 8:30 pm

I'd like to leave this world like I came into it: Screaming, naked & covered in someone else's blood

Posted On:
    7/06/2007 7:16am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai (BJJ hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ignore what Bosco is saying and read this info that El Macho so kindly stickied:

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=53351

To summarise, you need to follow these 7 steps:

1. Eat every 2-3 hours, no matter what. You should eat between 5-8 meals per day.

2. Eat complete (containing all the essential amino acids), lean protein with each meal.

3. Eat fruits and/or vegetables with each food meal.

4. Ensure that your carbohydrate intake comes from fruits and vegetables. Exception: workout and post-workout drinks and meals.

5. Ensure that 25-35% of your energy intake comes from fat, with your fat intake split equally between saturates (e.g. animal fat), monounsaturates (e.g., olive oil), and polyunsaturates (e.g. flax oil, salmon oil).

6. Drink only non-calorie containing beverages, the best choices being water and green tea.

7. Eat mostly whole foods (except workout and post-workout drinks).
    So what about calories, or macronutrient ratios, or any number of other things that Iíve covered in other articles? The short answer is that if you arenít already practicing the above-mentioned habits, and by practicing them I mean putting them to use over 90% of the time (i.e., no more than 4 meals out of an average 42 meals per week violate any of those rules), everything else is pretty pointle
    " The reason elite level MMAists don't fight with aikido is the same reason elite level swimmers don't swim with their lips." - Virus

" I shocked him with my skills on the ice becuase Wing Chun is great for hockey fighting." - 'Sifu' Milt Wallace

"Besides, as you might already know (from Virus, for example) - there's only 1 wing chun and it sucks big time" - Tonuzaba

"Even when I'm promising mayhem and butt-chicanery, I'm generally posting with a smile on my face." - Sochin101

"That said, if he blocked my hip on a drop nage, I would extend my leg into a drop tai Otoshi and slam him so hard his parents would die." - MTripp

Certified Fitness Trainer

Posted On:
    7/06/2007 10:17am

supporting member
     Style: Chemical Assistance

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by namaste
    So I'm taking in too much protein? I'm on a hypertrophy program right now, trying to reach a solid 80kg, but maintain a low bodyfat.

All progressive lifting systems will increase hypertrophy....