Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Injury Waiting To Happen

Posted On:
    7/14/2007 4:46pm

supporting member
     Style: Snatch Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think they acted incorrectly by being in Iranian waters, and crying because you're being flicked is pretty pathetic, but they should be able to do whatever they want free of criticism, but also free of recognition. They fucked up, and it shouldn't have even been a big deal. When prisoners are taken like that, they should be ignored unless they're tortured or executed, anything less than that doesn't matter. It shouldn't have been news.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/14/2007 7:31pm

Style: Brawling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We had our guys get captured too. They looked like they took a good beating and they didn't say anything that I recall about their stay with their Serb friends. See below.

%>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>

On March 31, 1999 in the early afternoon near the border village of Kumanovo, three U.S. soldiers were ambushed and captured by either Serb soldiers or Serb irregulars from one of the local villages that are overwhelmingly ethnic Serbian, although within Macedonia's borders.

The men were riding in a jeep-like vehicle called a Humvee. According to a report in Stars & Stripes, they were exploring an additional escape route from their position when Serbs began shooting at them. As they tried to flee the ambush, their radio message back to their base wasn't taken seriously. Their supervisors warned them it had better not be a gag. "This is real," they said, shortly before going off the air. They had been able to transmit only a fraction of their map coordinates.

U.S. and other NATO forces scrambled to comb the area. Foul weather hampered the search. French and British helicopters joined an American Blackhawk but found no trace of the three Americans. Late that evening, the three GIs appeared bruised and battered on Serbian television. Slobodan Milosevic had a public relations hole-in-one at NATO's expense.

Pentagon spokesman Ken Bacon said the three Americans had been armed with M16s, the standard infantry weapon.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/14/2007 7:48pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Follow up article that describes the 1/4 Cav guys' captivity while relating to the 24 EP-3E crewmembers taken captive by China in 2001.

http://ww2.pstripes.osd.mil/01/apr01/ed041501c.html

I'm glad I've never been captured, hell I don't even want to go to SERE school! My brother-in-law made it through the course and it's brutal.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/14/2007 8:00pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontl...s/ramirez.html

An interview with a POW. I think it gives more insight into what it's like to be a POW and what it does to your mind.

Injury Waiting To Happen

Posted On:
    7/15/2007 5:44am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The Serbs should've executed'em for war crimes, not like Milosevic could've been charged with anything worse than he already was in that case. American hegomonistic propaganda, FTW there.

As for China, it's too bad they didn't send'em to a real Chinese prison for life. Spying should be at least a life sentence, IMO.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/15/2007 7:21pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Foreign *****!

Quote Originally Posted by Cracky McSlugHoot
    The Serbs should've executed'em for war crimes, not like Milosevic could've been charged with anything worse than he already was in that case. American hegomonistic propaganda, FTW there.

As for China, it's too bad they didn't send'em to a real Chinese prison for life. Spying should be at least a life sentence, IMO.
    Ah, another non-military ***** weighs in with his completely irrelevant opinion on a military topic. Go back to dancing around in your kilt stabbing frogs with your tire iron and role playing the overlord of fucktards. Oh I'm sorry, I forgot that being Overlord of Fucktards is your actual occupation, my bad.

Injury Waiting To Happen

Posted On:
    7/15/2007 7:53pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was drunk when I posted that, but I stand by it. If only military people could have an opinion about military matters, we would all live under juntas.

Infidel

Posted On:
    7/15/2007 8:23pm

Style: Yoshinkan Aikido, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Once Iran put me aboard their iowa class battleship I would have systematically used my aikido to disarm the sailors and save the rest of the prisoners.

KEIN HAAR APPROVED!

Posted On:
    7/16/2007 7:07am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The old boiler has, incidentally, not shared any of the loot she got with her fellow captives. Charming...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1770

The woman sailor who sold her story of being a hostage in Iran has failed to hand over any money to her Royal Navy colleagues - despite pledging to do so.

Faye Turney had promised to donate some of the estimated 80,000 she made to shipmates on HMS Cornwall...

...But three months after the hostage crisis ended with them all being flown safely back to Britain, she has not handed over the cash, or even said how much the sum will be. Iraq War hero Colonel Tim Collins said last night: "The whole episode beggars belief."

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/16/2007 1:09pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracky McSlugHoot
    I was drunk when I posted that, but I stand by it. If only military people could have an opinion about military matters, we would all live under juntas.
    So you were drunk while dancing around in your kilt stabbing frogs with your tire iron and role playing the overlord of fucktards? Isn't that dangerous?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123