Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    7/05/2007 12:51am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Springfield Armory XD9102 40S&W, black

Picked one up a few days ago. After reading this and firing a few different 40 cal XD's for myself, I was sold.

Besides rubber grips for my paws, are there any other modifications you gun experts would suggest? Tritium night sights? Lessening the trigger pull maybe?

I ask because I am woefully ignorant. I have always relied on my LEO and 'gun nut' friends in the past. Then it struck me, why not ask the 'gun nuts' on Bullshido? I'm all about making use of all available resources.

The only other gun I own is a second generation CZ 75 I picked up 10 years ago. So, for clarification purposes, the XD's role is home defence.

My buddy who talked me into entering the gun store bought a Desert Eagle 9 mil. It has an internal slide rail. Man, those things slide smoothly. He was impressed when he went to the firing range.

Browsing the DE American distributor's site I came across this. Apparently they offer DE's in gold and pink.

Fabulous.

Posted On:
    7/05/2007 3:03am

Style: BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    These are awesome:
    http://www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=339232

My XD has been in a dark desk drawer for 3 days. Pulled it out just now to check... ummm... yeah. Nice and bright even with no exposure to light in a dark room. Monitor is the only light. Only problem is that the stock sights are in there TIGHT. You're not likely going to be able to get them out yourself, so take it to a gunsmith.

The trigger pull on the XD isn't bad. There's a parts kit out there that claims to reduce pull weight by 25% and trigger travel by something like 50%. I don't know that this is the one I saw before, but I've heard this guy mentioned before in terms of doing good work on XDs.
    http://www.springerprecision.com/

i keep tryin to spar, but nothin happens!

Posted On:
    7/05/2007 8:06am

supporting member
     Style: karate / bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    the best mod for an xd is a case of ammo.

a heavier recoil spring is popular in some circles, but that's not xd specific.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/05/2007 8:34am

Style: Shotokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jnp
    [URL="http://www.springfield-armory.com/xd.php?version=75"]The only other gun I own is a second generation CZ 75 I picked up 10 years ago. So, for clarification purposes, the XD's role is home defence.

My buddy who talked me into entering the gun store bought a Desert Eagle 9 mil. It has an internal slide rail. Man, those things slide smoothly. He was impressed when he went to the firing range.
    Just to nitpick a bit... That pistol is actually their "Baby Eagle," which is based off your trust ol' CZ 75 (yes, the CZ 75 is that good of a design). You might be getting a bit redundant by going for the Baby Eagle for yourself.

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    7/05/2007 9:57am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by chemistry
    Just to nitpick a bit... That pistol is actually their "Baby Eagle," which is based off your trust ol' CZ 75 (yes, the CZ 75 is that good of a design). You might be getting a bit redundant by going for the Baby Eagle for yourself.
    How about instead of nitpicking, you work on your reading comprehension.

The page I linked to with the Desert Eagle on it clearly says "Baby Desert Eagle" at the top, so yes I'm aware of what type of gun it is. I was there when my friend purchased it.

I clearly state in my post that my friend bought the Baby DE, not me. I already have one good 9 mil., and I'm not enough of a gun collector that I would ever need two.

Pay attention before you post.

Brock Sampson

Posted On:
    7/05/2007 10:50am

supporting member
     Style: 5.56

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ohhhhh snap!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/05/2007 11:46am

Style: Shotokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Before trying any trigger replacements, or spring replacements, a cheap way to improve the trigger pull is to use 25 cent method.

All it takes is a metal polishing cloth (that already has the compound impregnated in it), and some conservative buffing (by hand) where the metal parts meet. Don't overdo it, though.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/05/2007 12:28pm

Style: MCMAP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hehe, They're still calling the Jericho 941 the baby eagle here in the states? Dont think the DE and the 941 are the same except for physical appearance. mostly a CZ75 copy as was already stated.