Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/03/2007 8:58pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kosho Shorei Ryu Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

History of Kosho Shorei-Ryu Kempo

I've been practicing this style for about 8 years now, on and off. I'd like to get at least a less-biased version of the history of the style. I've been to seminars that Hanshi Bruce Juchnik and Yamaguci Sensei (sp?) have hosted, but the stories I have heard on this board have me questioning what I have been taught....

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    7/04/2007 10:23am

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well thats a tricky one.

Even when you throw out all the Mitose murder stuff you still have a lot of murky crap to sift through.

First Mitose claimed his art was a family art. KOSHO RYU is listed as a koryu art but not much is know about it and no proof connecting it to what Mitose taught. Mitose called his art KEMPO JUJUTSU, which isn't bad in itself because KEMPO schools in fuedal Japan were considered a "harder" school of Jujutsu, ex Araki Ryu Kenpo. However from his book. "What is SELF DEFENSE" his art looks very much like Ryukyu Karate. Also many believe that Mitose copied his book form an earlier book called KARATE KENPO by Mutsu Mizuho that came out when Mitose was 17.

There was claims of training with Fujita, and his Nanban Sato Ryu Kenpo, but that is very unlikely given the timeline.

If you haven't already also check E-Budo for more info on Mitose's Baffling Budo past.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/04/2007 6:30pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just to make this clear, I really haven't had much of a gripe with the style, I just got suspicious. They taught me how topunch correctly, and that made all the difference.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/05/2007 2:28pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    how to punch, my bad, I was drinkin this mornin' and thought I was this guy! :phil2:

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/05/2007 5:05pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    probably not