Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    7/27/2007 2:32pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrt
    Get him break it down for you. I had similar today with my doc (baseline checkup - I switched to a sports med guy as my primary care physician). And while my cholesterol number was "fine", when we broke it down to HDL vs. LDL it wasn't. My HDL was ok, but my LDL was too high (not dramatically, but enough that I'll change my diet somewhat). Once you know the breakdown you can target how you're eating to specifically address the problem.

You don't have any iron in any of your supplementation do you (obviously in your diet you do, but other than through normal food consumption)?
    I'll see my doc in four weeks for another check up. I was taking centrum (which contains 18mg - 100% - iron) like, forever :dead:

Quote Originally Posted by Matt W.
    Well shoot, I could probably get 405 if I used straps! But I never will, so don't ask me to prove it. *shifty eyes*
    He :) I think I could do the 405 with chalk alone... from a rack pull. No way from a DL, from the floor up and then down. I have very girly hands. :gay:
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/28/2007 8:12am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: None currently

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Re: Eggs

I do one whole egg plus however many whites fits my current goals (2-3 whites for cutting, more for a bulk or maintenance). It keeps the taste from being god-awful and one yolk isn't going to hurt you.

Or you could always just put ketchup on them. You'll never know there's no yolk in them.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    7/28/2007 9:47am

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ah Wallsie!!! **** it!!! Can't take it anymore!!!!

Right now I'm having two whole eggs and 3/4 cup of egg whites with chopped tomatoes and feta cheese on top of it... and a big piece of turkey ham!!! God bless cheat days!!

I'll follow the ketchup or egg in egg whites advise dude... but not today. A man needs eggs!!!
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/28/2007 2:14pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: None currently

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    God bless cheat days indeed. Otherwise, the beer I am about to drink tonight would be sacriligious.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/29/2007 9:15pm

Style: Man-ho Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Take everything I say with a grain of salt, as I have never deadlifted over 200 pounds (don't train in it), but my father in law is a powerlifter, and I watch him lift at the nationals.

I think you can lift a stack more than you are, I don't think it is a strength issue but a form issue.

As you start the lift your butt should drop down way lower towards your calves, then push up through your thighs, your legs is where your strength is. Your back and shoulders must be mega strong to lift the weight you are, with the form you have, so with a bit of leg strengthening you will blast through too much higher weights.

Practice with much lower weights, just focusing on your form.

As for straps of course use them on your heavy strength training.

Good luck man, you are lifting heavy already well done.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/29/2007 9:26pm

Style: Man-ho Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Men's Single-Lift Dead Lift: Open Men52kg/114 lbs201.0/442.9TONY SCHELDRUPMINNESOTA05/26/0756kg/123 lbs260.0/573.0RICHARD HAWTHORNEMISSISSIPPI05/17/0360kg/132 lbs263.5/580.7RICHARD HAWTHORNEMISSISSIPPI12/11/0367.5kg,/148 lbs263.0/579.6NICK DUNNUTAH04/14/0775kg/165 lbs310.0/683.2TONY CAPRARIMISSISSIPPI06/24/0082.5kg/181 lbs345.0/760.5TOM EISEMANNEW JERSEY11/18/0690kg/198 lbs350.0/771.5TOM EISEMANNEW JERSEY05/26/07100kg/220 lbs363.0/800.1GEORGE HERRINGGEORGIA12/11/04110kg/242 lbs366.0/806.7JERRY CAPELLOOREGON03/10/07117.5kg/259 lbs345.5/761.6GEORGE HERRINGGEORGIA12/10/05125kg/275 lbs367.5/810.0PHIL ANDREWSCALIFORNIA11/18/00140kg/308 lbs350.0/771.5WILLIAM MOTTUTAH11/13/04140+kg/SUPER363.5/801.2BRIAN OLDHAMMINNESOTA11/19/05
    I just had a look at the world records for single rep deadlifts, I think I read somewhere that you are about 160 pounds, so you could potentially be lifting up to 310kgs or 683 pounds, say you cut weight and lift at 148 pounds then 579.6 pound deadlift.

I think this shows the potential scope for improvement.

I honestly believe if you improve your technique and push through your legs than you will be lifting over 500 pounds within 6 months. Filming was a good idea man.

Maybe it is time to join a powerlifting association with some members who are lifting big weights with good coaches, they will let you know how your form is going in 10 seconds, and they will actually know.

Maybe even find a second hand suit to give you confidence on your heavy lift days, that you are not going to blow out your back.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456