Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    7/26/2007 11:20pm

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonetsu
    I've just gone and thrown a few dozen kicks into my bag and the only way I feel what you are saying is if I maintain a reverse guard, that being if I don't change my hands over as my kicking foot becomes the leading foot... in that case my shouldler is about five degrees out... I change my guard as I kick and my shoulder is in the same position guarded or arm thrown out.
    This is one of those instances where I have no idea how you're throwing the kick either way and thus can't tell you why you're having different results. Having my hands in guard for the kick makes for a stiffer and less fluid posture making the kick rigid and hard to recover from. After trying out the kick a few times again I did also note that not having my arm out did in fact make my kick feel less balanced.

I also see no real defensive benefit for having my left hand next to my face during the kick. It might provide some "padding" if someone punched me in the hand, but I would be in a poor defensive position and easily off balanced were someone to get within range to land a punch. Keeping that arm outstretched with the opposite hand guarding the face seems better as you can maintain space with the lead hand, while still catching incoming strikes with the rear.
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/26/2007 11:27pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Anderson Bushi Kai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm in the same boat with you... unless we were to physically train together I don't think we'll get our respective points across

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/27/2007 1:10am

Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    All I know is, my kick feels much weaker if I keep both hands up.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345