Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/02/2007 8:27pm

Style: Goju-Ryu, BJJ, MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Myoplex meal replacement drinks

I've been trying the vanilla stuff. It's absolutely putrid. But it fills me up and it's a good way for me to get a quick "meal" before I work out. Has anyone else tried these drinks? I normally chug it, should I take it slow? Also, does anyone have any tips for making the drink less vomit inducing?

GIJoe6186 like boys, mainly his brother

Posted On:
    7/02/2007 11:52pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's quick and expensive. Less expensive is to buy whey protein concentrate (the 5/6lb jugs are cheapest per serving) and throw 1-2 scoops in with some peanut butter, milk, and fruit into a blender. Tastes good and is real food. I prefer peanuts actually instead of peanut butter, less mess on the blender and cheaper.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/03/2007 5:14am

Style: Boxing & Submissions

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If I'm short on food or time I make up my macronutrients thusly:

carbs: oats
    protein: whey mix
    fat: peanut butter

In whatever proportion/combination I need. I then mix them in a hand shaker and chug it down (yes, you can even do this with oats).

It's not very nice but it's quick and easy.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    7/03/2007 7:21am

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by LI GUY 1
    It's quick and expensive. Less expensive is to buy whey protein concentrate (the 5/6lb jugs are cheapest per serving) and throw 1-2 scoops in with some peanut butter, milk, and fruit into a blender. Tastes good and is real food. I prefer peanuts actually instead of peanut butter, less mess on the blender and cheaper.
    What he said. I like Isopure (Strawberry) mixed in a blender with fruit and a bit of soy milk (no real milk cuz it makes me... uh... volatile). Making your own mix is much, much cheaper.

Having said that, I like Myoplex RTD, chocolate or strawberry. Vanilla, though, that flavor sucks putrid balls. It's just @#$ awful tasting.

LI, how do you find the texture of mixing real peanuts as opposed to peanut butter??? Interesting idea btw.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/03/2007 10:58am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: None currently

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just want to point out - if you add the peanut butter last (as in, after the other stuff is pretty well mixed) it really doesn't leave a mess in the blender.

Something to think about.

GIJoe6186 like boys, mainly his brother

Posted On:
    7/04/2007 3:50am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I like peanuts better than the peanut butter. I don't know it tastes better to me, they get chopped up very finely so you can just drink it.

Also, I add ice. Usually if I don't it turns out warm as the oats and peanuts are room temperature when you put them in.

Lastly soy and rice milk taste amazing!

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    7/10/2007 9:32am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MT, Yoga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I love myoplex chocolate fudge RTD. I drink half before class and half after. All of the other flavors, however, have been less than tolerable. I also like the myoplex lite bars.

The only thing I fear is the weight gain. Last week, I didn't drink any myoplex because I didn't train because my school was closed. I dropped 4lbs in one week. 189.6-->184.4. Makes me wonder how much weight the myoplex helped me retain.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/11/2007 4:35am

Style: Boxing & Submissions

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Four pounds? Dude, I drop that when I take a good dump.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/11/2007 7:52am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I got some Muscle Milk after a long hiatus from protein powders. The chocolate milk flavor isnít bad and if you mix 2 scoops (36g protein) w/ 2% milk it adds up to 600+ calories. Personally I go for one scoop at a time with milk or water just to get an extra bit of protein in me on days when my calorie count is low.