Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/07/2007 1:42pm

Style: BJJ, MACP (hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I rock pricey gis, but I didn't pay money for them either. I personally like the confidence in knowing that my uniforms will LAST, and be comfortable in the process. I'm like that with all of my gear, though, field gear included.

Posted On:
    8/14/2007 8:48pm

Style: Inept BJJer

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by pittfrog
    I sweat like a pig when I work out. I bought a gameness pearl gi, which is a light weave, with a rubber collar that does not suck up sweat. The pearl weave is fairly light, which given how much I sweat, I consider to be well worth the money. My cheaper judogi felt like it sucked up an additional 10lbs of sweat by about mid practice.

Don't spend time obsessing about anyone's choice of practice attire. Buy the gi you want, whether it's a mega cheapy, or a super expensive one. Once you're dressed for practice, train hard, full stop.
    Wait, what? A rubber collar?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/15/2007 1:59am

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In my experience (and keep in mind that grappling is a side-project for me -- It'll probably never be my main event), Howard gis are about the best balance between quality and price. The unbleached Howard standard single-weave is only slightly more expensive, and yet ****-tons better, than cheap off-brand gis.

Gnarly King of Half-Guard

Posted On:
    8/15/2007 5:00pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ThaiBoxerShorts
    Howard gis are about the best balance between quality and price. The unbleached Howard standard single-weave is only slightly more expensive, and yet ****-tons better, than cheap off-brand gis.
    Testify! I just picked up one of these, and it rocks. Comfortable, durable and a nice, thick collar. Also, the unbleached + subtle logo look is old school, the women of my village might have knitted it for me, their chosen warrior.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234