• Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    9/09/2003 1:57am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I know one of the words for "fist" in Japanese is "ken" although I'm sure there are others.

good. btw, i'm sure ki=japanese. chinese is qi or chi (pronounced chi w/ a hint of "sss"). two words what ki can mean. inner energy, like in aiKIdo, or "energy" as in GenKi(energetic, ie Genki Sudo=energetic/healthy sudo)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/09/2003 3:07am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    sorry if this has been posted before.

http://www.attackproof.com/classes.htm

"a veteran of over 100 documented, brutally violent, life-and-death confrontations" uh oh no one better mess with this guy.

6'3 so what? he still has a throat, he still has knees, he still has nuts - sifu

Badness will not be rewarded

Posted On:
    9/09/2003 3:11am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fearbane,
    If your profile is correct, I would really like your feedback about this school. Some of the statements on the website make absolutely no sense to me. See my first post.

X

Posted On:
    9/09/2003 3:33am

supporting member
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    DJeter1234:" "ripping out your groin"

wtf? this would be too much even for MK. One of the most disgusting images i have ever pictured. Someone should put it in a movie"

You haven't seen Sonny Chiba's 'Streetfighter', then...

Posted On:
    9/09/2003 12:00pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fearbane,
    If your profile is correct, I would really like your feedback about this school. Some of the statements on the website make absolutely no sense to me. See my first post.
    Please don't make fun of me for asking:

Waht in his profile makes you think he's affiliated w/ the school on that website?

Posted On:
    9/09/2003 12:00pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    doh nm i see it.

Posted On:
    2/11/2008 2:26pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok first things first, ki chuan do a real translation Ki = Energy (japanese), Chuan = Fist (Chinese), Do= The way (japanese), and To answer the translation of 'Ken' in japanese is a shorthand way of saying sword, as in Kenjutsu (The art of the sword), or Kendo (The way of the Sword).
    Secondly how can any of you bash on a system if you've never seen it performed? If someone walked up to you and said "I practice a style of martial arts that can kill someone with one kick, strike someone with so much power their heart stops or they lose control of their bowels and my legs and arms can with stand even the strongest of blows." sounds a little far fetched, but then if they told you it was Muay Thai, you'd have to give them a bit of respect, because we've all seen the effectiveness of true Thai fighters.
    Every new martial art sounds a bit radical because they are trying to get people to train in it.
    O Sensei Ueshiba was told he was crazy when he developed a system of combat that never used any form of strikes, and that he used ntohing but his opponents own momentum and power against them. But we all know how effective Aikido can be. So before you start critisizing anytthing, look into it. Watch it practiced, take a few classes your self, do some true investigating. Then you can make an informed judgement based on the truth as you percieve it.
    As far as this particular style and what I've seen of it, the ideas and methodology they teach and use are effective. It is based on ideas and principals that very closely resemble a cross hybrid of the russian martial art of Systema, Tai Chi Chuan, and Pankration. The ideas of movement and body sensitivity they practice are devestating to most forms attacks and watching the grandmaster take down a very accomplished cage fighter (who remains nameless), and one of the instructors take on a High ranking BJJ stylist (who will also remain nameless) in his own element and win with seemingly little effort does speak volumes about the authenticity of Ki Chuan Do. The only problem I have with the style is how lethal it is. They don't play the self defense angle, they play the kill your attacker angle. Which in war type environments is fine, but common street protection, and dealing with use of force laws and what have you can land a lot of them in jail. Considering they start training with killing blows and manuevers off the bat.

You have to work the look.

Posted On:
    2/11/2008 3:07pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Haze33
    ... and watching the grandmaster take down a very accomplished cage fighter (who remains nameless), and one of the instructors take on a High ranking BJJ stylist (who will also remain nameless) in his own element and win with seemingly little effort does speak volumes about the authenticity of Ki Chuan Do.
    That's pretty impressive - everyone knows that nameless fighters are the most deadly.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/11/2008 3:20pm

Style: Wrestling, Judo, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    where were you five years ago?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/11/2008 3:24pm

Style: Savate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Haze33, congratulations on necroing five year old thread with usual yadda-yadda of styles effectivenes against unnamed cage/BJJ fighters. Are these documeted situations, or just hearsay?

*Hands Haze33 the lube* good luck pal, you going to need it.:eusa_hand
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast