Posted On:
    6/30/2007 12:47pm

Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Power Ranger skips fight

http://media.www.siude.com/media/sto...-2917818.shtml

Yep. It didn't happen.

Promotor tried to pull a fast one and "Tommy" left before the fight happened.

According to the article the MMA match was changed at the last second to an Exhibition only Boxing match because the scheduled opponent wasn't trained in MMA, only boxing.

I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it

Posted On:
    6/30/2007 12:52pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Improv comedy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Gone gone power rangers!!!!

Being Sublime Daily

Posted On:
    6/30/2007 12:54pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wouldn't blame the power ranger dude for this, blame the stupid promoter.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/30/2007 1:01pm

Style: Feng Shou; BJJ noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Pics or it didn't not happen.

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    6/30/2007 1:04pm

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If the promoter trys and change things last minute then I don't blame him for walking.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Posted On:
    6/30/2007 1:12pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't blame him either. Sleazy move by the promoter.

Power Ranger a no show
    Former TV star opts out of cage fight

Before his scheduled cage match, Jason David Frank -- formerly known as Tommy on the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers -- signed autographs. When it came time to fight, though, he was nowhere to be found.

On Saturday, The Williamson County Pavillion held the Illinois Cage Fighting even, showcasing mixed martial arts and kickboxing.

The highlight of the event was supposed to be a fight between Ron "the badger" McMasters and Frank. Unfortunately, this fight never took place.

Jim Thomas, the president of the Fists of Glory, the organization that hosted the event, said Frank thought he would get booed by the crowd because the fight was a non-scoring boxing event instead of a mixed martial arts competition.

"I tried to tell him to stay around and fight, but he just left and blazed," he said.

Before he left, Frank said he expected to fight with mixed martial arts rules, not just boxing. The reason the rules changed was Frank's opponent, Ron 'The Badger' was only trained in boxing.

Frank said he left for numerous reasons.

First, he didn't like that his fight was changed to hands-only instead of mixed martial arts.

Also, he said it was changed to an exhibition fight, in which both fighters are winners. Frank wanted a win or loss fight.

"Either I win the match or I get my butt kicked," he said. "If I knock someone out and we both win and we both get belts, that's meaningless."

Frank said the promoter blew the event out of proportion by using the Power Ranger celebrity status too much.

"I skipped out on a Power Ranger convention to come out and fight and everything just changed," he said.

Some fans at the arena were upset Frank didn't fight. After all, he was the headliner.

Josh Chilbress, 21-year-old from Marion, said the only reason he attended the event was to see the former TV star.

"I was pissed off," Chilbress said. "I want my money back, man. Back in the day, he was my favorite Power Ranger. He was awesome. This is ridiculous."

The audience did get to see Frank at ringside as a trainer for two of his friends. Both of his friends won their first fights.

Andrew Trammel, a 22-year-old from Kansas, fought for three full rounds in the cage against one of Frank's friends.

Twenty minutes after the fight, Trammel was throwing up in a garbage can. He said he never prepared for the fight until he received a flier on his car about the event.

"I probably could've done better if I had got in shape a little bit, stopped smoking and actually trained a little bit," he said teary-eyed with his face splattered with vomit.

Like most of the fighters, Trammel was an amateur. Many fighters said they would continue to fight in cage matches, even if they lost. Trammel said he wouldn't.

"I ain't in shape for it," he said. "I felt like I was going to pass out and throw up. I was getting dehydrated."

Frank's other friend Jason Felton, 24-year-old from Houston, said he was upset after the fight against Trammel. He trained for the fight for a little less than a year and he runs a martial a school.

"If I had just knocked him out, I'd feel a lot better," he said. "When the last fight was announced, nothing was mentioned about Frank. The main event changed."

Keenan 'Keen Kong' Curry, a 26-year-old from Fort Wayne, was one of the fighters in the main event. He said he grew up watching the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers and he owned several of the toys.

"I would've liked to see [Frank] fight. He put Vaseline on my face so he's a cool guy," Curry said. "I wish I could have seen him in action but it's OK. I forgive him."

http://media.www.siude.com/media/sto...-2917818.shtml

Article quoted for posterity.
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    6/30/2007 1:19pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't think that's Frank's fault. He showed up to an MMA fight and was told "your opponent is only trained in boxing, which isn't your specialty, so we're going to change the rules to screw you"

I smell a "let's tilt it so the big TV guy gets beat up and my next event sells out too"
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Rowsdower!

Posted On:
    6/30/2007 1:55pm

Join us... or die
     Style: On Hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Lame. That promoter sucks.

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    6/30/2007 2:13pm

supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What the ****? Gay. I would've pissed on the guy's car and left. **** that.

Unexpected Elbow

Posted On:
    6/30/2007 9:49pm

Join us... or die
     Style: MMA/Pankration

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Total dick move on the promoters behalf. Kinda like what happened in the Morrison fight.
    "The depressing thing about tennis is that no matter how good I get, I'll never be as good as a wall." - Mitch Hedberg

El Guapo says dance!
Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast