Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    6/29/2007 9:11pm

Style: crapp-lawl-ing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrsmann
    Hmm, interesting, well I guess I should of saw that coming. Well I see your point, but at the same time the ones who currently reconstructing these dead arts had to start somewhere.
    Take that for what you will.
    no offense, but unfortunately, that's more or less the line of thinking styles that have come from reconstructed ancient arts like modern ninjitsu, alot of "traditional" KMAs, and others like them utilize-- followed up by improperly taught techniques, revisionist history, claims of lineage. only difference is that the sword styles you are looking into are accepted as dead styles.

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/29/2007 9:18pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hmm, interesting, well I guess I should of saw that coming. Well I see your point, but at the same time the ones who currently reconstructing these dead arts had to start somewhere.
    Take that for what you will.
    Yes, you'd be right except many use historical texts, contact others, and meet even if it is on occasion with others.

Also, they aren't going to tell you this is "the deadly," for street self defense..

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/29/2007 9:43pm

Style: Fiore

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake
    Yes, you'd be right except many use historical texts, contact others, and meet even if it is on occasion with others.

Also, they aren't going to tell you this is "the deadly," for street self defense..
    I never said or meant that they didn't, also what do you mean with the phrase
    "the deadly" again it looks obvious but alot of Bullshido Jargon seems to play on typing errors, do you mean they don't say "this is the deadliest for street self-defense"
    By the way, are there any Bullshido Jargon dictionaries around anywhere.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/29/2007 10:32pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ysc87
    no offense, but unfortunately, that's more or less the line of thinking styles that have come from reconstructed ancient arts like modern ninjitsu, alot of "traditional" KMAs, and others like them utilize-- followed up by improperly taught techniques, revisionist history, claims of lineage. only difference is that the sword styles you are looking into are accepted as dead styles.
    Sir my knowledge to reconstructed martial arts is limited to the context of WMA. I honestly don't know what resources they had to work with. HEMA has had a number of manuals, these manuals were usually well designed, clear and in many cases descriptive enough to use. So perhaps what exists in terms HEMA is accurate up to a point. To what point, I don't know. Perhaps in your own eyes I am as deluded as this Spathophile character sounds. But whatever your opinion sir I do not share it. I am not trying to be an ass towards you, just I disagree with you.

-Would you mind if we continue this discussion, if you want to that is, on another thread. I made this thread so Spathophile would respond since he hasn't I would like to let the thread die.

Please do not misunderstand me, I really would like to discuss this with you further.

Graviora Manent

Posted On:
    6/30/2007 3:33am

Join us... or die
     Style: No gym currently.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I can understand the anger with those who try to self-study with Kenjutsu, I mean **** back in my teens I had a stint as what you call a "Deluded Larper", not an uncommon thing it seems. But it's not unheard for people to teach themselves alittle something of Historical Fencing when there's no group or school. True enough they usually go off and get few seminars too, but for the most there are alot of Self-Taught folk in HEMA, or WMA or HES or whatever little acronym you wanna use, or are those who use swords and other pretty much obselete weapons referred as LARPers.
    Infact are we even using the same acronym. Bullshido seems to have it's own culture and phrases, nut-rider, _ing -un, etc.
    Yes I'm that much of a noob to this place, look man when I say LARPer I'm thinking of
    Live Action Role Player. Now I'm guessing odds are it's same meaning but again the Bullshido Culture is still new to me, so perhaps you guys have a meaning or extra meaning to it that I'm not seeing.
    Nope. You're spot on. Anyone "playing" at anything is LARPing. However old the art, however steeped in history and myth.

Read Spazophile's posts... seriously... the kid had problems.

Incidentally, the guy I work with dresses up as Cap'n Jack Sparrow to fence his kids class... deny the LARP, I dare ya!

Y SO SRIUS?

Posted On:
    6/30/2007 6:14am

Join us... or die
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Their is a guy on here named Stolen Bjorn who does Fiore.
    He is an ok guy.
    PM him and see where he is, but I think he is in Norway, Iceland, Sweden, Saskatchewan or something like that.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/30/2007 7:14am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by oldman34
    Their is a guy on here named Stolen Bjorn who does Fiore.
    He is an ok guy.
    PM him and see where he is, but I think he is in Norway, Iceland, Sweden, Saskatchewan or something like that.
    Hey bad ass thanks man appreciate it

Graviora Manent

Posted On:
    6/30/2007 7:34am

Join us... or die
     Style: No gym currently.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I thought Bjorn did Stav...?

(Although, you know, Scandinavians... Stav could be the name of his special friend...)

Y SO SRIUS?

Posted On:
    6/30/2007 8:40am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey bad ass thanks man appreciate it
    Im not really a bad ass but I play one on Bullshido.

Y SO SRIUS?

Posted On:
    6/30/2007 8:40am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sochin101
    I thought Bjorn did Stav...?

(Although, you know, Scandinavians... Stav could be the name of his special friend...)

No No No, he had a staph infection.

Happy Fourth Of July!!!111!!! :tongue5:
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast