Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/29/2007 9:59am

Style: Fiore

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Looking for Spathophile

I was the forum last night and found one of his threads. His location said Iowa, and that he practiced Italian Longsword. If that's true I would love to locate this guy, has anybody seen him on the forum lately. If anybody can help it would be nice since it'd fuckin awesome to locate someone in this state who similar interests to mine. Thanks:toothy5:

Guess which finger is the fickle one...

Posted On:
    6/29/2007 10:37am

supporting member
     Style: Karate/ Arnis

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He stopped posting a while back,

I don't think he comes around any more, or if he does he just lurks.

Good luck though.
    If you can't laugh at yourself,
    Others will be happy to do it for you. :evil6:

The 2 most abundant elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity.

Graviora Manent

Posted On:
    6/29/2007 3:34pm

Join us... or die
     Style: No gym currently.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrsmann
    I was the forum last night and found one of his threads. His location said Iowa, and that he practiced Italian Longsword. If that's true I would love to locate this guy, has anybody seen him on the forum lately. If anybody can help it would be nice since it'd fuckin awesome to locate someone in this state who similar interests to mine. Thanks:toothy5:
    he was the guy who pretended to be training in kenjutsu, a style he made up, I believe, but then admitted that he was deluded, and then suddenly he had Italian longsword in his stle field.
    I have no clue why you'd want to converse with a guy who admitted to being a lying LARPer.

There's a user (his name escapes me, but he's been around for ever) who trains Spanish Rapier...

As a matter of interest, I work with a guy who is self-taught and fences rapier in the Italian style. He's also a LARPer.

Graviora Manent

Posted On:
    6/29/2007 5:55pm

Join us... or die
     Style: No gym currently.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ::EDIT:: http://www.bullshido.net/z/Coyote/
    is the dude with Spanish School Rapier in his style field.

Guess which finger is the fickle one...

Posted On:
    6/29/2007 6:00pm

supporting member
     Style: Karate/ Arnis

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sochin101
    ::EDIT:: http://www.bullshido.net/z/Coyote/
    is the dude with Spanish School Rapier in his style field.

[Channel Lefty]

How dare you condone RAPEirs, That is a Crime, You are undermining everything Bullshido stands for. You should be banned. Your dog should go to jail. Do you have any idea how bad you would feel if someone you knew.....

What?.......

A sword?.......

Are you sure?.......

I'm sorry, I thought.....

Carry on.

[/Channel Lefty]
    If you can't laugh at yourself,
    Others will be happy to do it for you. :evil6:

The 2 most abundant elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/29/2007 8:20pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sochin101
    he was the guy who pretended to be training in kenjutsu, a style he made up, I believe, but then admitted that he was deluded, and then suddenly he had Italian longsword in his stle field.
    I have no clue why you'd want to converse with a guy who admitted to being a lying LARPer.

There's a user (his name escapes me, but he's been around for ever) who trains Spanish Rapier...

As a matter of interest, I work with a guy who is self-taught and fences rapier in the Italian style. He's also a LARPer.
    I can understand the anger with those who try to self-study with Kenjutsu, I mean **** back in my teens I had a stint as what you call a "Deluded Larper", not an uncommon thing it seems. But it's not unheard for people to teach themselves alittle something of Historical Fencing when there's no group or school. True enough they usually go off and get few seminars too, but for the most there are alot of Self-Taught folk in HEMA, or WMA or HES or whatever little acronym you wanna use, or are those who use swords and other pretty much obselete weapons referred as LARPers.
    Infact are we even using the same acronym. Bullshido seems to have it's own culture and phrases, nut-rider, _ing -un, etc.
    Yes I'm that much of a noob to this place, look man when I say LARPer I'm thinking of
    Live Action Role Player. Now I'm guessing odds are it's same meaning but again the Bullshido Culture is still new to me, so perhaps you guys have a meaning or extra meaning to it that I'm not seeing.

Diabolical Physiognomy

Posted On:
    6/29/2007 8:23pm

Style: Boxing; Sub. Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    it's the same thing

Now lovely Lucifer, in hell so stark
    King, and lord of sin and pride
    With some mist his wits make dark.
    He send thee grace to be thy guide

HE LOOKS LIKE A TINY BEAR MIXED WITH A CAT, AND THAT IS THE MEANEST ANIMAL MIXTURE EVER, BEAR FOR FUCKING STRENGTH, AND CAT FOR FUCKING MEAN!!! ************.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/29/2007 8:39pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SpringHeeledJack
    it's the same thing
    okay man thanks, much appreciated,

But seriously how is this guy who trains Italian Rapier a LARPer, as far I know there's no living Tradition left for Italian Rapier:confused4 . I'm not to sure about Spanish rapier, last I heard there a was a guy in New York named Maestro Ramirez(yes that is his real name) that taught Destreza, a school of Spanish Rapier Fencing, if what he teaches is reconstructed or was passed down to him from Maestro to Maestro in an unbroken line I don't know. My main body knowledge mainly deals with Fiore, anything after Fiore I'm not to familar with.
    Well this place gets more and more interesting by the post doesn't it.:5baby:
    Last edited by Tyrsmann; 6/29/2007 9:01pm at .

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    6/29/2007 8:45pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    self taught anything is, in general, not looked upon with a lot of respect here. its very difficult to teach yourself a martial art because you won't know where you are going wrong without someone to correct you.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/29/2007 9:00pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex
    self taught anything is, in general, not looked upon with a lot of respect here. its very difficult to teach yourself a martial art because you won't know where you are going wrong without someone to correct you.
    Hmm, interesting, well I guess I should of saw that coming. Well I see your point, but at the same time the ones who currently reconstructing these dead arts had to start somewhere.
    Take that for what you will.
Page 1 of 5 1 2345 LastLast