Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    7/20/2007 4:51pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FBSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Like when you go to take a piss first thing in the morning and your junk falls right in the toilet splashing toilet water all over the place? **** i hate it when that happens.

International Man of Pancakes

Posted On:
    7/20/2007 4:58pm

Style: Wu style tcc+bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Neildo
    Like when you go to take a piss first thing in the morning and your junk falls right in the toilet splashing toilet water all over the place? **** i hate it when that happens.
    So that means you are 13" plus you are under 4' tall?

(or have a very tall toilet)
    Anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices.
    - Voltaire

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    7/20/2007 5:05pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kein Haar
    Some people think 13 inches is a blessing; but it can be a curse.
    I wish I was 13. Mine is so long I used as a lasso to catch runaway armadillos. Today I use it as a belt and a tie... and I still step on it :(
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Posted On:
    7/20/2007 5:06pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FBSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah.

Incidently, i think this is why my posture is bad. It's difficult to walk around with what appears to be a boa constrictor in your pants, so i have an odd swagger. Screwed up my low back.

edit: Macho, i share your pain. i closed a car door on it once, that was pretty horrible.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/20/2007 5:38pm

Style: Crosstraining/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yoga can be a great method for improving posture. Lots of people simply don't get much back-bending in everyday life, and we tend to round forwards. Poses from yoga that may be helpful:

Table Pose
    Downward Dog
    Cobra
    Crocodile
    Upward Dog
    Child Pose
    Plank
    Side Plank
    Spinal Twist
    Half Locust
    Locust
    Bow
    Wheel
    Bridge

I don't have the traditional names for'em offhand, but here's a handy link:
    http://www.yogajournal.com/poses/

International Man of Pancakes

Posted On:
    7/21/2007 12:06pm

Style: Wu style tcc+bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    L0L! Penis!
    Anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices.
    - Voltaire

**** you math class

Posted On:
    7/22/2007 5:57am

supporting member
     Style: TKD, Ballet, Archery

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Posted On:
    7/22/2007 7:10am

Style: Does exercise count?

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by conceited
    Hey guys, I just wanted to say thanks for this thread. I have scoliosis and an enclave chest so good posture is a nemesis of mine. I almost always look like I'm ready to go in for a shoot. I'll be spending the next few weeks trying these techniques out so if they work on me they'll work on anyone. My doctor and I talk about this at least once every couple of months so thats not a major issue.

Also I travel alot so I rarely have access to a gym, I was curious if anyone could list some more techniques that don't require weights or machines.

Again thanks alot, I'm really glad I joined these forums.
    Planks (both front and side) can be pretty killer in terms of core workout for bodyweight if you hold them for a while. Also supermans (alternating aka contralateral) and "bird dogs" (don't know if they have a proper name) http://images.med.cornell.edu/body/nypspine/back6.jpg Additionally you can do stuff that focuses on the "pelvic tilt" such as regular old pelvic tilts, bridging on your shoulders, one leg bridges, leg raises with focus on pelvic tilts, etc. This article explains the pelvic tilt stuff, and I feel like it might've been posted before, but it's early and I haven't slept, so deal with it. http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=990092

All that stuff is bodyweight, and core related. Good for the lower back, and has helped me a lot in the past. I can't think of anything at the moment that would really do anything for slouching at the upper back. It's a stretch, but tossing a towel over a door and doing pullups would do a little.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/22/2007 7:42am

Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Making sure that your pecs are well stretched should help keep your shoulders back.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345