Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1234 5678 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    10/09/2002 6:21pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Be Happy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wish some of these lonely guys that come to this board put something more tasteful here. Noobie I think you should get a life.

PEACE!
    Ghost of Charles Dickens

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/09/2002 9:45pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What exactly did I say that that was off colour?
    Yes, kicking in the balls is illegal. When I got booted in the balls the where both accidents.
    And regarding to rolling, I dunno how you people practice, but when you grapple theres a pretty big chance you are accidentally going to grab other peoples nether regions by accident. It's happened to me. Its an accepted hazard. Sorry it happens. Maybe you can point out what exactly I wrote that makes me a troll?
  3. 9chambers

Posted On:
    10/10/2002 4:18am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "troll" means someone trying to stir up trouble on purpose .. somebody saying stuff just to get a response .. that's all.

I just thought you were kidding around to be funny.

>> Perhaps it was because I had an inherent skill for the science and never deviated from natural principles. - Miyamoto Musashi 1643

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/28/2009 12:11am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Tae Kwon do, Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldschool View Post
    I got stuck wrestling with a woman once. Felt bad because she was hot and my coach just wanted my to stretch her ass out (and not on a Saturday night) to make her realize women don't belong in wrestling.
    That sounds like a bitch assed thing to have you do.

Posted On:
    9/28/2009 12:16am

Style: BJJ/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    holy necro. jesus 7 years.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    9/28/2009 12:21am

supporting member
     Style: judo hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Having rolled with many a woman over the years, it has never been sexual. Yes, there have been those that were oh so hot. Still, when the whistle/bell goes, it is time to roll and roll only.

Having a 14 year old judoka daughter who loves putting it to to boys, I hope it remains the same.

Anyone who thinks otherwise is a scab.

Isn't bigdog some fat bitch married to malcomewhatshisfuckinface?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/28/2009 12:41am

Style: BJJ/MT/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I hope it's ok to post in this old thread since other people have brought it back to life.

I have done boxing and grappling with a few girls. It's not really a big deal. Sometimes I'm not 100% sure if a certain grip will be ok or not. In that case I'll challenge myself to think of an alternative grip that works just as well.

The first girl I rolled with was someone half my weight in a pink gi. She had been training BJJ for 1 and a half years and I had about 3 weeks training at the time. She absolutely destroyed me ( of course ).

When rolling or sparring with girls you have to find a balance. If you go too rough on them before they have learned what you know, they will not enjoy the training and most likely leave. But if you go too soft on them, it's insulting and you are doing them a great disservice.

The few times I've gone really soft while boxing a girl, she has yelled at me not to be such a ***** about it and to Hit her properly. Lol.

All the girls I've trained with have been VERY mentally tough, and that counts for a lot and should be respected just like with anyone else.

Administrator

Posted On:
    9/28/2009 1:49am

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by vinhthekid View Post
    holy necro. jesus 7 years.
    Wow, I actually remember this thread.:thefinger

Posted On:
    9/28/2009 1:55am

Style: BJJ, formerly Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hopefully being that there's valid discussion here the points are valid (if not the biggest necro I've seen),

my question is what to do when you humiliate a girl technically better than you? For example, when I first hit a bjj club (which I left for a 'nicer' club) I came in as a fresh whitebelt. I was paired up with this brazilian blue belt chick, she fell into guard and I pretty much dominated her. I feigned idiodicy a few times so I didn't have to sub her (had been doing judo for a fair while at that time but was nowhere as technically adept at ne waza as a bjj club).

She was still a handful, and I'm aware that I was almost definitely muscling her out, but combining muscle and (roughly) sound technique meant that I could move her way better than she could me, for example bridging to get out of mount could just fling her off, whereas she couldn't crack my closed guard.

She got quite upset, whereas I had made a deliberate attempt to not muscle her as best as I could. I'm not a strong guy for reference, 6'3 80kg. I mean, I wasn't just grabbing and rape choking her, but if you combine technique with just being heavier/stronger is it justified? or should one limit the force in their own technique to match theirs?

::EDIT::

Ah, that last sentence seemed about spot on. Alright, nevermind...

Woke up in the mortuary

Posted On:
    9/28/2009 2:02am

Style: Judo, Sub wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 100xobm View Post
    Hopefully being that there's valid discussion here the points are valid (if not the biggest necro I've seen),

my question is what to do when you humiliate a girl technically better than you? For example, when I first hit a bjj club (which I left for a 'nicer' club) I came in as a fresh whitebelt. I was paired up with this brazilian blue belt chick, she fell into guard and I pretty much dominated her. I feigned idiodicy a few times so I didn't have to sub her (had been doing judo for a fair while at that time but was nowhere as technically adept at ne waza as a bjj club).

She was still a handful, and I'm aware that I was almost definitely muscling her out, but combining muscle and (roughly) sound technique meant that I could move her way better than she could me, for example bridging to get out of mount could just fling her off, whereas she couldn't crack my closed guard.

She got quite upset, whereas I had made a deliberate attempt to not muscle her as best as I could. I'm not a strong guy for reference, 6'3 80kg. I mean, I wasn't just grabbing and rape choking her, but if you combine technique with just being heavier/stronger is it justified? or should one limit the force in their own technique to match theirs?

::EDIT::

Ah, that last sentence seemed about spot on. Alright, nevermind...
    What would you do with a similarly sized blue belt male?
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1234 5678 ... LastLast