Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    2/14/2008 6:15pm

Style: Gracie Barra Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    the focus on tribal tatoos makes me want to vomit
    but the always have great fights and alot of title defences and the fighter seem more hungry.
    Eduardo "Why'd you stop."

Me "I was kicked in the head by the guys sparring next to me."

Eduardo "Ino what happened but i didnt say you could stop."

Me "Um.. I guess I keep going."

Eduardo "You dont stop until i say stop, you dont get tired until i say your tired, keep going."

Originally posted by Ralek
    My cousin gave me some tapes of him doing tkd. I learned from those tapes. When I beat up an Akido instructor, and made him take rest breaks, I used TKD. I learned Bjj from watching ufc and pride and then I copied them and wrestled my cousin for practice. I choked him out and he tapped.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    2/14/2008 8:05pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kismasher
    Maybe it's just me. I've read posts on here the last couple of days from people bemoaning the use of violence in promotional devices for smaller MMA shows. "OMG, THEY'RE GOING TO BE THE DOWNFALL OF MMA!!!!1".
    Well, it depends. Some people still histerically think McCain is after the UFC, even though MMA has grown to the point of being mainstream.

Quote Originally Posted by el dangeroso
    Could it be that Versus is the "redneck channel" ? Fishing, rodeo, deer hunting, and guys beating the **** out of each other and not being apologetic about it. What else does the redneck fan need? WEC's advertising is just trying to appeal to it's demographic. Maybe Zuffa designs UFC's advertising to appeal to a more sophisticated crowd.
    Maybe I'm partially redneck cuz I love rodeo (*** counting the seconds before someone inserts a reference to Brokeback Mountain ***)

Quote Originally Posted by Bizarro Root
    the focus on tribal tatoos makes me want to vomit
    What's wrong with tribal tatoos. Some are cheesy, but some are really cool!
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Posted On:
    2/14/2008 10:33pm

Style: Gracie Barra Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh El Macho
    Well, it depends. Some people still histerically think McCain is after the UFC, even though MMA has grown to the point of being mainstream.

Maybe I'm partially redneck cuz I love rodeo (*** counting the seconds before someone inserts a reference to Brokeback Mountain ***)

What's wrong with tribal tatoos. Some are cheesy, but some are really cool!
    Your not one of the zillion dudes who thanks "they" have the cools one, are you? There the male equivalent of a tramp stamp.
    Eduardo "Why'd you stop."

Me "I was kicked in the head by the guys sparring next to me."

Eduardo "Ino what happened but i didnt say you could stop."

Me "Um.. I guess I keep going."

Eduardo "You dont stop until i say stop, you dont get tired until i say your tired, keep going."

Originally posted by Ralek
    My cousin gave me some tapes of him doing tkd. I learned from those tapes. When I beat up an Akido instructor, and made him take rest breaks, I used TKD. I learned Bjj from watching ufc and pride and then I copied them and wrestled my cousin for practice. I choked him out and he tapped.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/14/2008 2:33pm

Style: Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Vids of some of the TV spots. Remember kids, it doesn't get more extreme than WEC! OOOooooh, yyeeeeeaaahhhh!!!!!!!

YouTube - World Extreme Cagefighting LIVE on VERSUS 6/3

YouTube - World Extreme Cagefighting LIVE on VERSUS 6/3

YouTube - Portraits

Portrait of a BJJer as a Young Man

Posted On:
    5/14/2008 3:19pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Those first two have to be pretty old, since neither Razor Rob or Doug 'the retard' Marshal are champoins anymore. The third one is a concept they stole from the UFC. I think ads like these are directed at people that are already fans of MMA, not people new to the sport. Hence the more 'extreme' nature.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/14/2008 4:27pm

Style: Budo Taijutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I actually like the first ad...

The second one is retarded though, I will give you that.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234