Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/28/2007 9:47am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ^^^ Agreed. Just Spar spar spar. Head movement drills are also awesome. If you kickbox as well work on your lowkicks off your head movement. in order to though a powerfull punch people plant there feet so working on leg kicks off of your head movement is great.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    6/28/2007 12:32pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     Jiu-Jitsu, Muay Thai, BJJ, Judo, MMA and Kids Jiu-Jitsu Style: Boxing, Mom-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for the advice. I have come a long way in my training - I no longer apologize every time I land something (now I only save that for when I REALLY land something). No killer instinct here! I will work on a little mental re-training and working defence more - we'll see if that helps.

Someone suggested that I tap in to rage - like imagine that my opponent is going to hurt my kids or something. This is something I am not at all comfortable with, and I really don't think it should be necessary. I don't see too many 'emotional' fighters out there - most simply work on the competition level (not the fight-for-your-life level) and that is what I am trying to get to.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/28/2007 6:31pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think the whole “channel your inner rage” thing is retarded. Ever fight when you are really mad? It gets sloppy. Always keep a cool head when sparing or fighting, you best weapon is your noodle every time.
    Later,
    zyph

Actual Photo

Posted On:
    6/28/2007 6:40pm

supporting member
     Style: Recovery-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    seriously

Learn to block with your forehead when your chin or nose are in danger .
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    Nuke a unborn gay whale for Christ.
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.”
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    6/28/2007 9:09pm

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    personally I feel a beginner at the level of really needing to get over the flinch shouldn't focus TOO much on head movement and covering up at first. The hardest thing for me to get over was the idea that even if I get hit, I do not suddenly have to stop, and in fact I can absorb damage to give some back if need be. Facing strikes head on is a pretty important thing to learn, as turning away is what's going to get you hurt.
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Actual Photo

Posted On:
    6/28/2007 9:40pm

supporting member
     Style: Recovery-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KidSpatula
    personally I feel a beginner at the level of really needing to get over the flinch shouldn't focus TOO much on head movement and covering up at first. The hardest thing for me to get over was the idea that even if I get hit, I do not suddenly have to stop, and in fact I can absorb damage to give some back if need be. Facing strikes head on is a pretty important thing to learn, as turning away is what's going to get you hurt.
    yeah you said it more elegantly .

*shrugs *
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    Nuke a unborn gay whale for Christ.
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.”
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12