Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Just waiting for the paperboy.

Posted On:
    6/26/2007 10:17am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

K1 Amsterdam, Sapp vs Aerts

Last saturday there were some K1 fights in Amsterdam,everyone was excited to see the Sapp vs Aerts fight,this is what happened:First round,Sapp charges in,both go to the ground,back in corners,Sapp charges in again and Aerts takes him down with one knee strike.
    End of story.
    Its all over before it started and Sapp gets stuff throw at him.
    Afterwards Aerts says the knee was on the liver,Sapp says it was on his lung.
    Have a look:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVKEG1FP2ls

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/26/2007 11:25am

Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's what you call knockout power, I guess.

Brock Sampson

Posted On:
    6/26/2007 11:38am

supporting member
     Style: 5.56

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Too funny. I love it when Sapp makes the poopy face. He made that face when he got his face broken too.

The guy can dish out massive amount of punishment due to his size, but in a weird twist of fate he cannot absorb any himself.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/26/2007 11:42am

Style: Muay Thai/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i just wrote about this for work actually: http://www.inthenews.co.uk/sports/autocodes/countries/netherlands/amsterdam-witnesses-k1-return-$1103667.htm

the crowd were going mad afterwards, throwing fruit and bottles and sandwiches at sapp and into the ring, which was quite funny. Aerts said afterwards he wants a "real opponent" next time. Then this mad little dutch dude got on the mic and started appealing for calm, while the crowd booed sapp out and showered him with beer.

Manhoef absolutely dismantled Karaev as well earlier on, 31 seconds to Ko him with a big uppercut. Karaev needs to have a look at what he's doing coz he's had some proper earth shattering KOs inflcited on him recently. He was OUT on saturday night, I thought he was dead. They had to bring in a special machine to remove manhoef's hand from the inside of Karaev's brain.

I also bumped into Liverpool-based thai boxer Colin 'Sexy Boy' Farriker and he was telling me that he's been picked for a new reality show that is to be filmed on a camp in thailand, 13 fighters from different countries in a TUF-style show, so that should be good. Farriker is a top character and will make good viewing with his flamboyant style.

If you ever get the opportunity to go out in amsterdam, do it. Its the party capital of the world in my book. Special props to the Sports Cafe for letting us stay back after hours to watch fellow manchester man Hatton take out Castillo, and also to the waitresses for sitting on our drunken laps and attempting to grind some life into us.

god bless amsterdam.

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    6/26/2007 11:51am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I actually thought they were both retired.

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    6/26/2007 12:15pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    was sapp claiming that it was an illegal or dirty shot? liver, lung, whatever, it looked clean to me.

god bless amsterdam.
    agreed. party capital of the world. was the 1st stop on my honeymoon a couple weeks back.
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Just waiting for the paperboy.

Posted On:
    6/26/2007 12:24pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    wel i taped it and Sapp didnt say it was an illegal technique,well not during the review,maybe he added that on later.

Aerts said in dutch (if i understood him correctly) rustig aan,de volgende match sla ik hem wel helemaal de tyfus which means, be calm (the audience) there will be a next match and i will beat the **** out of him then.

It was poor quality,the match aswell as the tv-registration.

Posted On:
    6/26/2007 12:36pm

Style: Mixed-Up Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sapp is a big woos, that has learned absolutely nothing over the past years.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    6/26/2007 1:05pm

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushin, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    cool vid. thanks..
    heyyyy that's Nick freaking Pettas in there as well..(red tshirt, talking to Sapp pre-match)
    if there's anyone i want to see fight again, its Pettas.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    6/26/2007 1:55pm

supporting member
     Style: Submission Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sapp always reminds me of Blaster from the film Mad Max 3:

All he needs is a midget guy to sit on his shoulders and tell him to stay calm and not run into peoples feet, knees and fists constantly, and he could be a contender.

You would have thought that giant body would easily be able to absorb a few body shots, but it seems to be his weakness, kinda like Blaster's weakness was that he doesn't like high pitched noises. Maybe the downside to the roids is the resulting giant liver becomes an easy and vulnerable target?
    Straight punches make you go blind. More damage is done to a criminals nervous system when they are struck. Strikes that make you stronger. All this and more systema douchebaggery:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eak-m2iwI7Q

NEW BONUS REEL, feat RobG at it again! lol:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJDnMDJVWmQ
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast