Page 1 of 5 12345 Last

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Omega's Fighting tips for the quarter:

Well some people have been bugging me about contributing some striking advice so here we go. Fire away, and remember in case of heated discussion I have a cage in the back....

http://youtube.com/watch?v=NXj7awDfUho
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXj7awDfUho

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is the reason you hold the one arm low, one arm high, sorta parallell on your chest personal or stylistic? Were you simply taught that way?

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The kung-fu part in my style field must have gone past you on this one.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Right, and half the kung fu guys I know(mind you, I only personally know Hung Gar and WC guys) hold their hands at "answering the telephone" position, or otherwise very high. And some people I know who just box hold their hands similarly to you because it's comfortable to them. I was just wondering if there was a specific strategic reason you hold it like that or if it was just something you got taught early and held on to.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks Omega . I enjoyed that .
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You could have just asked if he does it because he sucks at boxing or just because he likes eating punches in the face, but that may be more direct than you were looking to be.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Omega are you primarily a counter puncher? It looked like he was frustrating you a little by retreating instead of pressing into your [good] evasive footwork.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by selfcritical
    Right, and half the kung fu guys I know(mind you, I only personally know Hung Gar and WC guys) hold their hands at "answering the telephone" position, or otherwise very high. And some people I know who just box hold their hands similarly to you because it's comfortable to them. I was just wondering if there was a specific strategic reason you hold it like that or if it was just something you got taught early and held on to.

Really? WC I knew but.....well it's not work the discussion at this point. I guess it's just my style though I found it conserves energy and allows me to move more free and strike more elusively.

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracky McSlugHoot
    You could have just asked if he does it because he sucks at boxing or just because he likes eating punches in the face, but that may be more direct than you were looking to be.
    Well actually yes I be sucking at boxing but that's not what we're doing here is mr smarty poopy pants? I ate more punches keeping my hands up because I could never see the punches coming in. It works for me but I don't coach my guys to do it.

My wife actually asked me that when I put the videos up "I've been meaning to ask you, how come you never keep your hands up like everybody else"

Keeping you safe from Mongolians

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think if you have a good chin then i dont see the problem with a low guard, i feel more comfortable with a low guard and i think fight better, however i personally get told off for it and for a good reason being a small guy with a small head.

Omega looks (from his vids) like he has a good thick head...in a good way.

Page 1 of 5 12345 Last