--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

MMA after ACL tear

About a year ago I tore my ACL in jiu-jitsu class, since then I have not really done much of anything as far as training. I still go to lift weights and run but that has been it. Anyone else had experience going back to MMA after a ACL surgery? My main thing is my knee feels different and I am not sure if it is weaker or just the way it is going to feel. I have a good size breg brace, Y2K I think, but I really think it is to big to fight in. I have also quit using it all together for my normal workouts sometime ago. Anyone have a recomendation for a good smaller brace just to fight in?
    Last edited by docsprague; 6/24/2007 7:21pm at .

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What surgery did you have?

You'll find threads on ACL injuries if you search for knee, ligament, injury, rupture, stuff like that

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    After my ACL, PCL, MCL and meniscus all got torn it took me 1 year to fully rehab the knee. I still have problems with it but lately I found that if I keep my hip flexors strong by doing adductor, and abductor exercises my knee stabalizes better. Hope that helps....oh and stretch the thigh a lot.