Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/06/2003 3:24pm

Style: BJJ, No-Gi, MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Udo:
    you should definitely add incline bench press to your upper torso workout. Increasing your max on incline will significantly increase your bench press strength.

Personally, I place more of a priority on incline bench than flat bench.

I do incline, close grip flat bench , and flys. Flat bench isn't that important, at least as far as I'm concerned.

P.S. I'm posting here because I kept getting an error message everytime I tried to respond on the original thread...

<hr>"There are some enterprises in which a careful disorderliness is the true method."

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/06/2003 6:01pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Would you recomend doing just incline, or both incline and flat bench?

I don't know what's wrong with the other thread.
    Thanks for the input.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/06/2003 8:36pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I can't really recommend not doing flat bench at all. I just don't do it because that exercize tends to bulk up the pecs and causes problems with flexibility. I like to be able to touch my elbows together--that let's me know I can cover the centerline. Some guys who over do it on flat bench can't even put their arms down by there sides.

IMO, over doing it on flat bench and poor form barbell curls can make you bow armed and inflexible

<hr>"There are some enterprises in which a careful disorderliness is the true method."

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/06/2003 9:40pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Duly noted.

Also, what's the best way to incorporate bodyweight(pushup, situp) exercises into a weightlifting routine? Should I just do some every other night or what?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/07/2003 12:24pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm pretty sure you can do abs everyday if you want to, unless you're too sore from the day before.

In college I knew some track athletes who would do a 3 sets of 15 push-ups (as well as other exercizes) as daily supplement to their regular training routine.

I also knew some wrestlers who did push-ups constantly, every day. They would do them during commercials when they were watching tv, stuff like that.

It's pretty much up to you and what you feel comfortable with.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/07/2003 12:59pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Cool, thanks.

The man they call FoM

Posted On:
    9/07/2003 5:44pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Udo -
    I think the other thread has gone wacky, so I'll have to answer here:

a)
    between squats and deadlifts your legs should get all the work they need. However, if you think your calves need more work, then by all means add in the calf raise.

b)
    I wouldn't add in a 3rd shoulder exercise, your shoulders get worked to a certain extent with any upper body exercise (and squat and deadlift). I'd actually split the 2 you have over upper torso and core day, or both on upper torso day.

Its important to not only rest body parts, but to rest altogether from weights to let yourself recover.
    The Wastrel - So attractive he HAS to be a woman.
    - Pizdoff