Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/24/2007 6:38pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Thinking of making a new fighting league

There are already many organizations out there that simply copy each others' rules or athletic commision regulations, but mine is different. I simply find that MMA has about as much to do with fighting as wing chun: none. A real fight is defined by the use of everything in a fighter's environment to achieve victory, where victory is survival. This is the original spirit of martial arts, and it's what I aim to achieve with my new league: Excess Fighting Championships. Here's what I plan.

First of all, there will be no rounds. Rounds are an anthropocentric construct with no meaning in reality. Hell, many cultures have little or no concept of time, a very Western construct. The match will simply continue until a fighter is unable to fight back, whether by verbal submission, knockout, or death. There will be no weight classes either, because they are another Western social concept and have no bearing on a fight where only skill matters, not brute force.

To add to a dynamic environment, the fights will take place in randomized locations, just as the masters of old intended. 20,000 feet on a mountain, in 2 feet of swampy mud, a crowded bar, an elevated platform with sharpened spikes below, whatever. Just cool places in general like in Soul Caliber and Tekken would work, places where one can fully take in nature and get that chi flow all wet and aroused. A warrior has to be ready for any type of encounter in any location.

In addition to a random environment, fighters will be issued random traditional weapons, like nunchucks, bo staves, chains, whips, and so on. There will also be opportunities for improvised weapons to reward creative fighters, like chairs, rocks, capes, fans, and so on. If fights simply begin to last too long, which is judged by the crowd's reaction, more modern equipment will be thrown into the battlefield. It would start with knives and such, and later move up to katanas and primitive firearms if the fighters are somehow unable to disable or kill their opponents in time. If they refuse to fight, they both will be flogged and expelled from the league for disgracing the martial ideal.

Championship matches will use modified Thai rules in regard to weapons. Instead of taped arms and fists with glass shards in the tape, special regulation gauntlets with carefully measured blades will be used, kind of like in Quake III. Instead of gauging endurance by cardiovascular health, endurance will also depend on a fighter's blood supply, since he will be getting cut a lot in this kind of match. It will add an entirely new dimension to the fight game that is sorely lacking in non-weapon matches. Of course, there will be the conventional weapons available, but only champions and #1 contenders are allowed the special blade gloves.

There will be no rules against "bad" moves such as kidney punches, rabbit punches, crotch kicking, anal penetration, whatever. There is nothing inherently illegal or unnatural about doing what it takes to win. Any rule that goes against this principle is inherently moralistic and unintentionally religious, and by definition against our First Amendment rights. Nihilism demands an absence of man-derived obstructions, only natural law. I bet those who believe in rules believe in "God", too. :gaygay:

Finally, this league will be completely independent of any government regulations. A free market, by definition, will bring better products because more freedom is afforded to the enlightened entrepreneur. Anyone who puts science above emotion (an Objectivist), whoever looks at fighting objectively, sees that conventional regulations have only watered down what was once the finest way for men to express their feelings for one another.

So, why is this put in the YMAS board? Simple: it's ridiculous for the "hardkore" crowd to mock ancient arts of the "Do" type and extol the "Jutsu" ideology, when, ironically, modern "MMA" is more "Do" than anything else. This is a protest against hypocricy. Whenever judging the viability of an art, consider if an ancient Samurai warrior, and Aztec cheiftain, a Nazi commando, a Zulu tribesman, or most importantly, a Spartan hoplite (THIS IS SPARTAAAAA!), would look on it as something valuable in his daily conquests. If not, then leave it alone as a civilian fitness discipline and leave real fighting for soldiers, mercenaries, pirates, and ninjas (who are mostly guys too weak to make it as pirates).

Just try some MMA on me and I'll use such "d33dly", "unf4ir" moves like knees to the head of a grounded opponent. Just look at how incompetant a typical martial artist from Georgia is, where helmet use is mandatory and head kicks aren't allowed! The fact is, modern day MMA is too soft, and Excess Fighting Championships will be the first step in reviving the ancient ideals. Without such silly regulations, a typical MMAist couldn't defeat a modern day brawler (look at how awesome Kimbo Slice is), let alone a disciplined Samurai or Spartan.

Just waiting for the paperboy.

Posted On:
    6/24/2007 6:45pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nord...how old are you?
    You are either retarded or really really failing as a funnyguy or a troll.

Posted On:
    6/24/2007 6:51pm

Style: crapp-lawl-ing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    let me guess:
    1) you're in between the age of 12-17, not doing terribly in school; or between 18-25 and just completely deluded.
    2) you're white
    3) have no real grappling experience
    4) not familiar with the process of getting a show/event aired
    Last edited by ysc87; 6/24/2007 6:53pm at .

Flyweight

Posted On:
    6/24/2007 6:58pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MT, MMA, CQB

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    EFC4LIFE!!! Awesome.
    :Determined:
    HTFU and join Bullshido on Fitocracy!
    http://ftcy.co/tBAxyj

Infidel

Posted On:
    6/24/2007 7:08pm

Style: Yoshinkan Aikido, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The fact is, modern day MMA is too soft, and Excess Fighting Championships will be the first step in reviving the ancient ideals. Without such silly regulations, a typical MMAist couldn't defeat a modern day brawler (look at how awesome Kimbo Slice is), let alone a disciplined Samurai or Spartan.
    Why don't you commit Seppuku?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/24/2007 7:13pm

Style: Feng Shou; BJJ noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nord
    let alone a disciplined Samurai or Spartan.
    Oh lawd, is dat sum LARPfaggotry?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/24/2007 7:16pm

Style: Tae Kwon Did

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just cool places in general like in Soul Caliber and Tekken would work,
    Somebody has been playing too many video games.

places where one can fully take in nature and get that chi flow all wet and aroused.
    The bold part is the biggest mistake you made.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/24/2007 7:34pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ysc87
    let me guess:
    1) you're in between the age of 12-17, not doing terribly in school; or between 18-25 and just completely deluded.
    2) you're white
    3) have no real grappling experience
    4) not familiar with the process of getting a show/event aired
    #1- I'm 21.
    #2- How did you know? Unfortuantely, not being Asian limits my potential. :(
    #3- Not really, but I am good at anti-grappling
    #4- It will be independent without any government getting in my way. Ron Paul will be president by the time I get my plans together.

Posted On:
    6/24/2007 7:49pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    #1- I'm 21.
    #2- How did you know? Unfortuantely, not being Asian limits my potential. :(
    #3- Not really, but I am good at anti-grappling
    #4- It will be independent without any government getting in my way. Ron Paul will be president by the time I get my plans together.
    Youre a fucking moron. Now stop talking before Im forced to find you and slap an ankle lock on you.

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/24/2007 7:57pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I rate this post a 6 on my funny meter. At least it made me giggle.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast