Posted On:
    6/24/2007 9:07pm

Style: BJJ / freestyle wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Virus
    "It's better to be ninjer in the past, than WTF in the present."

- Old Chinese proverb.
    better WTF than just plain old wtf (ninjerism)

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/25/2007 12:11am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Shaolin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Jail is a pretty big deterent. I figure there is no point in this kind of fighting, you can't tap out. No one says when it is over. Even if you whip a guys ass you still have to worry about retaliation. He could find you later and shoot you. I don't care what you study you won't dodge a bullet and then your dead, but man that fight was worth it.

Also what if you take someone elses life, would that bother you? It could screw with your head and when 8 dudes in the big house decide to make you a girl you better be damn quick and a really good striker.

If a guy takes a swing then you have to defend yourself hopefully training has taught you how to avoid or withstand the blow, if he lands it, and you have to have enough of a chin to keep your wits about you and keep going.

Overall you did the right thing. Sometimes it takes a bigger man to turn the other cheek. Just because you own a gun doesn't mean you have to kill someone to prove to yourself you can.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/25/2007 12:31am

Style: BJJ / freestyle wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    just had a huge argument with aggro. his level of retardedness is far beyond what i thought. he does take back the idea of shooting them. but then he went off about trying to "teach me a lesson" about what the "real street" is like. he holds that his posture would actually be more beneficial, and prevent an attack than a passive or neutral one.

it really sucks having to end a friendship of many years over something so retarded. however, if he let's it, i guess there is nothing else to do.

Posted On:
    6/25/2007 4:13pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Bits and pieces

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So drinking in public isn't an offence over there?

Happy birthday to me.

Posted On:
    6/25/2007 4:26pm

supporting member
     Style: Bocksing, ngBJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ronaldk
    just had a huge argument with aggro. his level of retardedness is far beyond what i thought. he does take back the idea of shooting them. but then he went off about trying to "teach me a lesson" about what the "real street" is like. he holds that his posture would actually be more beneficial, and prevent an attack than a passive or neutral one.

it really sucks having to end a friendship of many years over something so retarded. however, if he let's it, i guess there is nothing else to do.
    There's no need to feel bad even if you guys have been friends for many years. Some people grow up while some people grow into retards. The latter are the ones who'll keep you down in life or put you into worst situations.

The only thing you need to feel bad about is that you'll be replaced by someone like Phil Elmore.

Old School DM

Posted On:
    6/25/2007 7:30pm

supporting member
     Style: Nothing current

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, I'm 41 years old, have a wife and a daughter, and a job that depends on the govt not yanking my sooper dooper secret security clearance, so I may be more of a "*****" than you, but basically as far as I'm concerned, any random violent situation involves no good outcome. A lot of people wake up dead one day because of a "little" streetfight that got out of hand.

To quote an old State Trooper I knew, "Nobody innocent is out at 3AM".
    Jesus loves you. I think you're an asshole.

Just waiting for the paperboy.

Posted On:
    6/26/2007 5:59am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Grashnak
    To quote an old State Trooper I knew, "Nobody innocent is out at 3AM".
    ambulance paramedics? people with late/night shifts going to or coming from work?
    People who went to have a nice evening going out?
    Is there some nazi curfew in Canada???

HALT! Ausweis!!!

Last edited by Lebell; 6/26/2007 6:04am at .

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/26/2007 7:44am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Hung Suen Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ronaldk

he then asks me if i am a musician (i'm wearing a shirt with a partiture on it). i answer yes. he asks what i play, i answer i'm a DJ/producer. he actually then asked me if i knew a DJ who was a friend of his, and we talked a bit about his friend and how he used to play at a cool club up north. aggro remains arguing with the SUV driver. i intervine, and ask him what he expected as a reaction with an opening question such as the one he made. the guy makes some claim about asking just to see who we were...

This is why the fight didn't happen. You ceased being 3am punch-fodder after this point - you connected to a bigger picture than just being tards in a park on the turps. I think the big guy felt some sympathy that a decent enough bloke like you was hanging out with tards who have some growing up to do.

Plus he probably didn't want to hit you because you were in the same scene as his friend. Some of your mates were grovelling - nothing to prove by hitting them. And pushing Aggro to the limit and leaving him riled up was probably more fun than hitting him.

They did you a favour.
    Last edited by luckyrice; 6/26/2007 7:54am at .

Old School DM

Posted On:
    6/26/2007 10:57am

supporting member
     Style: Nothing current

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebell
    ambulance paramedics? people with late/night shifts going to or coming from work?
    People who went to have a nice evening going out?
    Is there some nazi curfew in Canada???

HALT! Ausweis!!!

How ironic that he was a Texas DPS trooper :)

I didn't say I agreed, just that this was his view - and he was out patrolling the streets.
    Jesus loves you. I think you're an asshole.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345