7/14/2007 7:11pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh boy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lbNGvvrSM0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Zpf1e4R5_A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-LQetL_yaY

As you can see, Shaolin Kempo is simply chock full of "Hardcore Shaolin Killer Techniques".

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/25/2007 9:13am

Style: Kenpo,Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ok i take kenpo but i just watch those videos and thats nothing of what i do shaolin kempo well i would try it but it does'nt look great to me i am sorry for being rude but ya it look like wus's and i dnt make fun but ya

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/25/2007 10:41am

Style: Anything that works

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This one is so funny I have to embed it; make sure you turn the sound up...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lbNGvvrSM0

I'VE GOT THE POWER!!!:karated:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/25/2007 11:57am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ok this video bring shame and whats with the head thing he in a gi not baggie pant's that go to he's knee's come on i know kenpo and these guy's could have done better ......they tried

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/25/2007 4:45pm

Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The biggest difference between Parker & Tracy is the number of self-defense techniques.

Tracy kenpo has over 700, while Parker has 156. The two systems are very similar in motion and the reason for the large difference in the number of SD techs is that Tracys have every possible minor variation of motion immortalized as a technique.

Tracy kenpo is incorporating Shootfighting, ala Bart Vale, into their system to deal with grappling situations. More Parker people tend to think that "our system is based upon immutable principles of motion that can be applied horizontally, so we don't need to add to our system."

EPK tends to focus on ideas that can be adapted to various situations so they don't have to memorize 700+ techniques.

Both systems trace back to William Chow in Hawaii, hence the similarities.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/25/2007 8:44pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hmm when i trained with the tracy they broke down techs into an ABCD. A is one or two moves B is a few more. and it would continue like that that is why there are so many and adapeting stuff is not bad well i am thinking of stuff like ground fighting. but i like ur info i will look in on it
    Last edited by lazy guru; 7/26/2007 6:43am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/25/2007 11:16pm

Style: kajukenbo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SHaolin-Kenpo
    hmm tuff but large diffrences ive studdyed both for quite a few years shaolin kenpo and american differ quite a bit, i mean we share somethings like a few combos like 5 swords
    ,sword of destruthion, but shoalin as in the name has the 5 animals american kenpo has a few forms short long ext ext , bacically kenpo was tested by thugs made up by thugs but thats what makes it so affective. if you think about it shoalin would win hands down , its not only my fav but we have the beter parts of american kenpo plus some crazy shoalin animal **** 2 so best of american and asian GG
    But how would they do in a monkey knife fight??
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	monkey knife fight.bmp 
Views:	379 
Size:	138.1 KB 
ID:	8068  

Posted On:
    7/26/2007 12:07am

Style: Bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SHaolin-Kenpo
    hmm tuff but large diffrences ive studdyed both for quite a few years shaolin kenpo and american differ quite a bit, i mean we share somethings like a few combos like 5 swords
    ,sword of destruthion, but shoalin as in the name has the 5 animals american kenpo has a few forms short long ext ext , bacically kenpo was tested by thugs made up by thugs but thats what makes it so affective. if you think about it shoalin would win hands down , its not only my fav but we have the beter parts of american kenpo plus some crazy shoalin animal **** 2 so best of american and asian GG
    Hey buttfuck! you spelled SHAOLIN wrong!
    :flipando: :flipando:

I'm not witty enough for this custom title.

Posted On:
    7/26/2007 9:42pm

Style: In Hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This probably won't help, but the Tracy System of Kenpo is claimed to be "more original" than Ed Parker's American Kenpo.

The reason for this is because the Tracys split off from American Kenpo before Ed Parker changed it more into your classical McDojo Karate BS. Afterwards, the Tracys supposedly trained with some Okinawan Kenpo people over in Hawaii, I think.

Tracy Kenpo actually contains some fair amount of grappling, including some strangulations, chokes, and joint locks.

But if you're looking for a grappling school, don't go to a Tracy Kenpo dojo, they have a fair amount of grappling for a more traditional striking Japanese art, than say your average karate dojo.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/26/2007 10:04pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    well i agree on some of what u say. thats why i am glad my kenpo school does grappling and as much as it can but we stay true to kenpo
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast