--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Kajukenbo for mma

I want to be able to be able to defend myself, and be able to take part in mma. Will Kajukenbo give me a combination of both self defense techniques, and other techniques like takedowns and throws to be used in mma.

Thanks

Style
    Enshin, Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I dunno about kajukenbo, but I can tell you that if you want self defense, takedowns and throws will do you wonders anyway. No need to separate the two.

I'm also gonna say that Judo has a lot of self defense potential, as do wrestling and bjj. So one of those would sort of give you both of the things you're looking for.

My dog is cuter and smarter than yours. Join us... or die
    Style
    Kodokan Judo
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Akshay Narayan View Post
    I want to be able to be able to defend myself, and be able to take part in mma. Will Kajukenbo give me a combination of both self defense techniques, and other techniques like takedowns and throws to be used in mma.

Thanks
    It's simple: Find a good MMA gym and start training. Otherwise, the MMA side of the equation is going to be sorely lacking for you.

MMA is a specific sport with specific rules. Nothing will prepare you to MMA better than MMA.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS