you post a lot for a dead person.

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    6/22/2007 9:42am

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    breakbeat dj mixes during san shou class. i find a tempo of 130-140BPM is perfect for working out. hip hop is too slow, drum&bass is too fast, house is too mellow, and trance just sucks in general. most of the metal in my collection has too many breakdowns which kill the energy.

one day i made a punk rock mix cause i wanted to show one of the students how old skool punk i really am.
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Middleweight

Posted On:
    6/22/2007 9:47am

Business Class Supporting Member
     New York MMA Examiner Style: magic FUCKING powers!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My former coach had a death metal cover of Eye of the Tiger. One of the many things I miss about that gym.

Just waiting for the paperboy.

Posted On:
    6/22/2007 9:51am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lampa
    My former coach had a death metal cover of Eye of the Tiger. One of the many things I miss about that gym.
    Thats perfect man!!!

Also i forgot to mention: Mindless self indulgence-stupid mf and Disturbed-down with the sickness.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    6/22/2007 9:58am

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The Mad Capsule Markets are good for sparring and bagwork. For stickfighting drills, I actually like Latin music- Santana, Orishas, 40 Watt Hype etc.

Ring ring ring ring ring ring ring, Bananaphone.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    6/22/2007 10:01am

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I like your style.

Posted On:
    6/22/2007 10:07am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Whorian Gracie
    I like James Brown. Other than Ike Turner, nothing quite sounds like "beatdown" music like Soul Brother #1.
    "big payback" is one of the best beatdown tunes ever, as demonstrated in the film "dead presidents"
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/22/2007 10:18am

Style: Aikido/Judo/BJJ/Naginata

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebell
    Thats perfect man!!!

Also i forgot to mention: Mindless self indulgence-stupid mf and Disturbed-down with the sickness.
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! I cannot stand either one of these bands. The only thing worse would be that Drowning Pool song "Bodies" or whatever the **** it is. I remember the Rugby club had this song on repeat for like 3 hours one day. Nearly died.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/22/2007 10:20am

Style: The Sweet Science

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My gym is all hip hop all the time. Some of the songs I like, some I just tune out... the hip hop stations certainly wouldn't be my first choice though. I've got to agree with the funky stuff though, James Brown was the ****.

Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist
    drum&bass is too fast,

Blasphemy:violent1:

Posted On:
    6/22/2007 10:28am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by From Bell2Bell

Blasphemy:violent1:
    dude, i was DJing drum&bass parties when you were still in grade school, i'm not knocking drum&bass, but the tempo is fast enough that most people will work out to it in half-time (so instead of working at 180BPM they work out at 90BPM and it becomes the same as working out to hip hop)

i tried it. people didn't get as good of a workout as when i used breaks. the energy level was lower. i pay attention to this ****, i brought my skills as a DJ to my san shou classes and really do think that 130-140BPM is ideal for working out.
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast