Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Sexiest Punching Bag Alive

Posted On:
    6/24/2007 8:54pm

Style: BJJ/Judo/Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yea, my wife said I can get in the ring when I feel I'm ready. So I'm starting some MT, going to make time to work out with the fighters we already have in the club, and when I feel I'm ready, I'll hit the local shows.

Right now I hit monday, wedsday, friday bjj, saturday - judo and open mat (ranges from standup sparing, to mma sparing or just grappling) I usually spend all day saturday training, wedsday there is a mma focused class after bjj, and monday - MT after bjj. I also hit the random thursday or tuesday judo class at a club nearby and we are working on adding judo to our club on one more night during the week, and possibly either another MT night, or just a open mat night. Then I hit the gym at the college I work at on tuesdays and thursdays to do the machines and work on cardio (the campus has nice trails to run on and good bikes/treadmills).

But don't let all that fool ya, I still suck in the standup really bad. I'm just now testing for my green belt in judo, and I'm nothing special grappling wise in my club. But that's not to say I'm not enjoying every single minute of it.

Antiquated

Posted On:
    6/24/2007 9:07pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by FictionPimp
    Yea, my wife said I can get in the ring when I feel I'm ready. So I'm starting some MT, going to make time to work out with the fighters we already have in the club, and when I feel I'm ready, I'll hit the local shows.

Right now I hit monday, wedsday, friday bjj, saturday - judo and open mat (ranges from standup sparing, to mma sparing or just grappling) I usually spend all day saturday training, wedsday there is a mma focused class after bjj, and monday - MT after bjj. I also hit the random thursday or tuesday judo class at a club nearby and we are working on adding judo to our club on one more night during the week, and possibly either another MT night, or just a open mat night. Then I hit the gym at the college I work at on tuesdays and thursdays to do the machines and work on cardio (the campus has nice trails to run on and good bikes/treadmills).

But don't let all that fool ya, I still suck in the standup really bad. I'm just now testing for my green belt in judo, and I'm nothing special grappling wise in my club. But that's not to say I'm not enjoying every single minute of it.
    How long have you been doing that for?

Senior Administrator

Posted On:
    6/24/2007 9:52pm

staff
     Style: JKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Congrats
    Monkey Ninjas! Attack!

Posted On:
    6/25/2007 7:14am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mas
    How long have you been doing that for?
    Everything but the MT and the gym for over a year. The MT I just started, and I started going to the gym about a month ago.

I've technically been training judo for 2 years, but my first instructor was horrible, so I don't really count the time with him.

Antiquated

Posted On:
    6/25/2007 3:00pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Everything but the MT and the gym for over a year. The MT I just started, and I started going to the gym about a month ago.

I've technically been training judo for 2 years, but my first instructor was horrible, so I don't really count the time with him.
    Damn, I do Judo four times a week and I thought I was doing well.

Too bad about your first instructor, a dojo review perhaps?

Posted On:
    6/25/2007 9:41pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mas
    Damn, I do Judo four times a week and I thought I was doing well.

Too bad about your first instructor, a dojo review perhaps?
    Been there, done that http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=48064

Four time as week is great. I really over train and shoudl cut down, but I really want to fight MMA and I have the free time, so why not.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/26/2007 11:19pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Shorin Ryu Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Congratulations!

Posted On:
    7/02/2007 1:34pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    To not make a new thread, I'd like to announce that saturday I tested for and received my green belt in judo. Next stop, brown belt. Well in a few years anyways.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/02/2007 8:00pm

Style: Man-ho Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    To not make a new thread, I'd like to announce that saturday I tested for and received my green belt in judo. Next stop, brown belt. Well in a few years anyways.
    You are on fire. Do you find the cross-training in in Judo / BJJ accelerates the learning in both?

Posted On:
    7/03/2007 7:18am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I do, but it helps that both of my instructors are on the same level. My judo coach watches and sometimes even jumps in on the bjj class, and my bjj coach takes the judo class (It's really funny to watch him put on a white belt). So they really show how to compliment what the other is teaching that day.

Plus this allows us to work 100% on standup in judo, because he knows we got all our ground work in already. We just cover the japanese names before tests, and do some ground work before tournaments to work on strategy for judo touraments. The same is true with bjj, the instructor does very little throws/takedowns. He will encourage you to just take the judo class provided. However, when he does work on takedowns, its always of the kind that judo tends to not focus on, single and double leg takedowns.

It's a match made in heaven.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234