222019 Bullies, 4190 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

WARNING: BJJ may cause airway obstruction.

Posted On:
    6/21/2007 9:43am

Join us... or die
     Style: Bajillion Joo Jizzu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Taejitsu89
    It's amazing how anti-Korea and ignorant of Korea and Korean culture Americans are. Sad.
    Oh I'm not anti Korea. I'm anti-Korea FOB wannabe nutrider. Which so far you have overqualified for that position.

Doon't be a smartass. I'm talking about how some retarded people don't think Taekwondo is KMA. It's KMA regardless of Japanese influence. TKD is TKD. Not Karate. It's a different martial art. You don't call a tiger a lion just because they're in the same genus.
    TKD is Korean. I don't think any other country wants to lay claim to that clusterfuck.

Actually, to quote Der (loosely, I'm not even sure on which forum he said this so I can't dig it up), kong soo do is dangsudo is taekwondo is etc. They are all the same thing.

I don't see people bitching that Japanese karate was influenced by Chinese arts and the martial arts of Ryukyu.
    That might be due to the fact that a good deal of KMA schools/instructors out there still believe or lie that their repackaged karate came from the Silla Dynasty...

Posted On:
    6/21/2007 9:56am

Style: Taekwondo, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by D Dempsey
    Right but at the same time you don't take a tiger and decide to call it something else. It's still a fuckin' tiger. Further more have you even been to korea? I have. I used to live there and I don't think I ever met anyone as deluded about this as you are. You probably were born in the US and decided that you relate to koreans more then other americans even though you've never lived there before and have no idea what you're talking about. That would be like me deciding to become heavily Irish-nationalistic simply because my family happens to be irish-american, even though my parents nor myself have ever lived there.
    See that's where you're dead wrong. I'm full Korean I'm a Korean citizen I was born there and I've lived there for six years.

What exactly am I deluded about?

Posted On:
    6/21/2007 9:58am

Style: Taekwondo, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalRage
    Oh I'm not anti Korea. I'm anti-Korea FOB wannabe nutrider. Which so far you have overqualified for that position.

TKD is Korean. I don't think any other country wants to lay claim to that clusterfuck.

Actually, to quote Der (loosely, I'm not even sure on which forum he said this so I can't dig it up), kong soo do is dangsudo is taekwondo is etc. They are all the same thing.

That might be due to the fact that a good deal of KMA schools/instructors out there still believe or lie that their repackaged karate came from the Silla Dynasty...

Karate is Japanese. TSD and TKD are Japanese-INFLUENCED Korean martial arts. They're Korean. End of story end of thread. They are no longer Japanese. THat's my point. You've seriously got to be delusioned jerkoff to believe that TKD and TSD are still Japanese even though they've diverged from Karate 50 years ago.

Posted On:
    6/21/2007 10:07am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    See that's where you're dead wrong. I'm full Korean I'm a Korean citizen I was born there and I've lived there for six years.
    So you're 6. That explains alot.

Posted On:
    6/21/2007 10:12am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Karate is Japanese. TSD and TKD are Japanese-INFLUENCED Korean martial arts. They're Korean. End of story end of thread. They are no longer Japanese. THat's my point. You've seriously got to be delusioned jerkoff to believe that TKD and TSD are still Japanese even though they've diverged from Karate 50 years ago.
    Well actually, the bulk of TSD was formed from an Okinawan karate book that DJN Hwang Kee found in a library. Most of the other kwans were formed by people who went to universities and studied karate. These kwans - Chung Do, Chang Moo, Moo Duk, Ji Do, Song Moo - more or less make up TKD, along with some of the little ones that sprang up after 1945. So, for a time, KMA was karate. "Tang Soo Do" in Chinese characters is even the same as "Karate".

It's more than a fucking influence. They may have evolved some, but you put a guy who doesn't know anything about MA and you put him in a room and make him watch a karate dude and a TKD dude run through all their forms and one steps and whatever and I'm willing to bet he'd say "hrmmm they're a little different, but more or less the same."

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/21/2007 10:18am

Style: Yudo, Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Obviously this is a thread to talk about post-occupation KMAs. I don't see why everyone has to fucking complain about how Koreans just Koreanized Japanese arts. Who cares who the arts were influenced by? They're Korean now with distinct Korean traits.
    Problem is that the distinct Korean traits are exactly that...distinctly crappy. Influence or anti-korean or not, crappy is crappy.

TKD had a lot of promise when it was first invented. It's a shame that it's degenerated to wher eit is now. Hopefully it can be saved.
    Time, effort, and money that will take to get this done is better spent on creating a whole new MA or better yet...on MMA or invent time machine go back pre-Olympic era and stop TKD from becoming Olympic sport. This would've probably prevented world wide visibility and recognition and TKD from turning into point contact sparring for Olympic format. Therefore not allowing TKD to become such McDojo/Bullshido and becoming so diluted with techniques for Olympics who's whole focus is for point sparring. Instead just mayyybeee....it could've allowed to be nurtured into legitimate full contact.

...I'm full Korean I'm a Korean citizen I was born there and I've lived there for six years...
    Puhahaha, lived there for six years. There are people on this site who lived there double, triple that amount and race or citizenship have nothing to do it.

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    6/21/2007 11:18am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chizilds
    is there something that the Korean's do that no one else does?
    :qpepsi:

Quote Originally Posted by Chizilds
    Do their forms contain Kim Chi or Bulgogi or something?
    No, but their McDonald's do!!!

Kimchi burgers...bulgogi burgers...squid burguers...

Mmmmmm...

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    6/21/2007 11:40am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's amazing how anti-Korea and ignorant of Korea and Korean culture Americans are. Sad.
    뭐가고?

닥쳐, 새끼야.

You can't play that card on this forum.

We have Korean and Korean American members.

We have members who have lived in Korea for more than six years.

We have members who have worked with the ROK Army and Marines.

We have members who have served as living trip wires on the DMZ.

We have members who have smuggled refugees out of North Korea.

We have members who have worked in the Korean American Civil Rights field dealing with issues like Sa I Gu, or helped to push US legislature to force Japan to address the Korean Comfort Women of the Occupation.

We have members who have attended Senate Foreign Relations Subcommittee hearings on North Korea.

We have members who spend their free time researching pre-Occupation KMA.

Then there's this one member, a real asshole, who went and took vows in a Korean Buddhist temple and teaches Korean Buddhist martial arts...

So, don't even think about it, when you're not even old enough to by Chamiseul.

Come back after you've read the Muyedobotongji in the original Hanja. Then you can tell us stupid Americans that we're ignorant of Korean culture.

Doon't be a smartass.
    Don't be a 싸가지.

TKD is TKD. Not Karate.
    TKD is Karate. It's Korean Karate. The technical syllabus is the same. The basic kicks are the same. The mechanics are the same. Yes, it is an art created by Koreans in Korea. That makes it a Korean expression of this thing called Karate/Dangsu/Gongsu/Kempo/Toudi. To say it does not belong to that family is ignorance.

I don't see people bitching that Japanese karate was influenced by Chinese arts and the martial arts of Ryukyu.
    That's because the Japanese don't claim that karate was used 2000 years ago by the samurai.

A lot.

Karate is Japanese.
    Which karate?

唐手 or 空手?

TSD and TKD are Japanese-INFLUENCED Korean martial arts.
    당수도 is a Korean martial art...you mean the art with these Hanja: 唐手?

Waitaminute...that looks like the Chinese characters for Karate...oh noes...

They're Korean. End of story end of thread.
    Prove it.

You've seriously got to be delusioned jerkoff to believe that TKD and TSD are still Japanese even though they've diverged from Karate 50 years ago.
    No one said they're Japanese.

You've missed the point entirely.

Keeping you safe from Mongolians

Posted On:
    6/21/2007 11:48am

Style: Sanda/Taijiquan *Hiatus*

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    damn he's good ^

Posted On:
    6/21/2007 12:17pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    der, i wont lie.

im so hot for u right now
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast