Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    6/20/2007 5:38pm

Style: Taekwondo, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Post-occupation KMA Thread

Obviously this is a thread to talk about post-occupation KMAs. I don't see why everyone has to fucking complain about how Koreans just Koreanized Japanese arts. Who cares who the arts were influenced by? They're Korean now with distinct Korean traits.

TKD had a lot of promise when it was first invented. It's a shame that it's degenerated to wher eit is now. Hopefully it can be saved.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/20/2007 5:56pm

Style: BJJ - SBGi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Taejitsu89
    Obviously this is a thread to talk about post-occupation KMAs. I don't see why everyone has to fucking complain about how Koreans just Koreanized Japanese arts. Who cares who the arts were influenced by? They're Korean now with distinct Korean traits.

TKD had a lot of promise when it was first invented. It's a shame that it's degenerated to wher eit is now. Hopefully it can be saved.
    Distinct Korean Traits? is there something that the Korean's do that no one else does? Do their forms contain Kim Chi or Bulgogi or something?

Keeping you safe from Mongolians

Posted On:
    6/20/2007 5:58pm

Style: Sanda/Taijiquan *Hiatus*

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'd stop making multiple threads about Korea if i were you, especially ones that have no point, because it's not tolerated on BS.

I'd try and answer your question to be polite, but you didn't ask one.

WARNING: BJJ may cause airway obstruction.

Posted On:
    6/20/2007 6:02pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Bajillion Joo Jizzu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chizilds
    Distinct Korean Traits? is there something that the Korean's do that no one else does? Do their forms contain Kim Chi or Bulgogi or something?
    They dance around with their hands down with giant maxipads strapped to their chest.

A good deal of the training time is spent watching Korean dramas, drinking soju, and barbequing Spot.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/20/2007 6:05pm

Style: BJJ - SBGi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fido never tasted so good.... I think I am going to go paint an irish flag on my bike when I get home, walk out into the street and claim that even though the british occupied my country, they will never take my cycling freedom! and we irish have distinct irish traits in our cycling that are UN MATCHED! No one else rides bikes like we do!!!!

Posted On:
    6/20/2007 8:45pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's amazing how anti-Korea and ignorant of Korea and Korean culture Americans are. Sad.

Posted On:
    6/20/2007 9:09pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalRage
    They dance around with their hands down with giant maxipads strapped to their chest.

A good deal of the training time is spent watching Korean dramas, drinking soju, and barbequing Spot.
    Doon't be a smartass. I'm talking about how some retarded people don't think Taekwondo is KMA. It's KMA regardless of Japanese influence. TKD is TKD. Not Karate. It's a different martial art. You don't call a tiger a lion just because they're in the same genus.

I don't see people bitching that Japanese karate was influenced by Chinese arts and the martial arts of Ryukyu.

Monkey Knife Fight!

Posted On:
    6/21/2007 2:16am

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Right but at the same time you don't take a tiger and decide to call it something else. It's still a fuckin' tiger. Further more have you even been to korea? I have. I used to live there and I don't think I ever met anyone as deluded about this as you are. You probably were born in the US and decided that you relate to koreans more then other americans even though you've never lived there before and have no idea what you're talking about. That would be like me deciding to become heavily Irish-nationalistic simply because my family happens to be irish-american, even though my parents nor myself have ever lived there.

Keeping you safe from Mongolians

Posted On:
    6/21/2007 2:19am

Style: Sanda/Taijiquan *Hiatus*

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by D Dempsey
    That would be like me deciding to become heavily Irish-nationalistic simply because my family happens to be irish-american, even though my parents nor myself have ever lived there.
    As shown in the recent UFC 72.

Monkey Knife Fight!

Posted On:
    6/21/2007 2:25am

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by seanyseanybean
    As shown in the recent UFC 72.
    Sort of. There is a big difference be Irish-Irish and Irish-American.
Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast