Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/17/2007 9:47am

Style: Daito Ryu Aikijujutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Asia wrote: "Koryu JJ does have rank it just not the kyu/dan system we see now.
    "Made up" is still apt even if he took legit lessons then combined it into his own style."

I agree with Asia's assertion but not all Koryu arts are family arts and I am positive Angier does not give rank. If we are using "made-up" loosely, then yes Mr. Williams made-up Nami-Ryu and I will add that almost all dojos I've visited have made up arts since no art has gone completely uninfluenced by the sensei teaching it. I've trained with three different kyoju dairi holders in Daito Ryu and three different blackbelts in BJJ; they all "made-up" the art they taught to fit their body, attitude, and predispositions to winning. If you read up on Nami Ryu or Yanagi Ryu, you will find that they are both "principle" based arts; of course, all of us will apply those principles in a slightly different way to fit our body style, predispositions (what one likes to do), etc.

If the question is to Mr. Williams' legitimacy, then I will give my vote for him being legit in that he was taught by persons who know their arts (Angier, Kuroda, and Okamoto) for years. As I wrote before, if you're interested, then go pay him a visit and find out.

Posted On:
    1/20/2008 4:10pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    then go pay him a visit and find out.
    I did and I wasn't impressed at all so I asked two other 'real' koryu teachers to go and see him (once at a seminar and once at a demo) - they agreed with me. Whatever it may be it's just a made up mashup of different techniques. Plus he has real attitude problem when asked what affiliations his dojo has in case my son joined and then wanted to train in Japan - answer was 'mind your own business' - All in all not worth even another visit to see if my original opinion was too hasty.

Posted On:
    12/14/2008 5:06pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Chimpiravozu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Totall crap

Well here is more intersting info and mudslinging on this Nami-Ryu

Suuuuper Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maobVzB57T0

Thread from E-Budo

http://www.e-budo.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41998

Now why am I posting this stuff here.

#1 it is clearly Bullshit

#2 Some people at E-budo protect such bullshit. I had posted the info in the baffling budo section originally and then it got moved to the members lounge since it was deemed as non baffling. from that point I asked the mod in question why he was protecting and moving a thread that clearly showed a lot of B.S and that other fools had been crucified on E-budo for the same stuff but now James Williams was all ok?? So for that I got Jailed with not even any way to contact any of the admins or mods. Now this also shows E-budo is somehow very biased or have a mod or mods that protect such bullshit. I do hope some mods or admins of E-budo will read this and correct the situation and write to the moderator concerned by this lack of fairness in treating everybody equally.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/14/2008 5:59pm

Style: unemployed

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I must ask what a bujikan jj instructor is? or what jj stands 4?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/02/2009 2:31pm

Style: Daito Ryu Aikijujutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm a member of e-budo and I read and post there and I hate to write that the more I'm on that forum, the more I understand why people have left.

Lucky

Posted On:
    1/02/2009 3:27pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Chimpiravozu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Okay all I have to say is that as far as I am concerned there seems that there is a moderator on E-budo that is protecting his friends even if they are promoting Bullshit.

I got banned from there on the 31st of December and I did not do anything other than state my opinion and I got to be the one attacked by some users that even involved my religious status to attack me an dnothing was done about it and all that did haapen was thet i got banned.

It is sad to say but E-budo is not what it used to be. They will trash idiots like Frank Dux etc but when it comes to Nami-ryu we cannot say a word.

Posted On:
    1/02/2009 5:33pm

Style: BJJ, formerly Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chimpirabozu
    #1 it is clearly Bullshit
    Not necessarily. The video answers the ancient riddle of steel
    To quote Thulsa Doom "What is the power of steel compared to the hand which wields it?"

Truly James Williams shall drink and fight in Valhalla with Crom for all time.

**** there needs to be some Conan MA.

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    1/04/2009 6:09pm

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chimpirabozu
    Okay all I have to say is that as far as I am concerned there seems that there is a moderator on E-budo that is protecting his friends even if they are promoting Bullshit.

I got banned from there on the 31st of December and I did not do anything other than state my opinion and I got to be the one attacked by some users that even involved my religious status to attack me an dnothing was done about it and all that did haapen was thet i got banned.

It is sad to say but E-budo is not what it used to be. They will trash idiots like Frank Dux etc but when it comes to Nami-ryu we cannot say a word.
    Thats sad to hear because E-Budo used to be a good forum. I had stirred the hornets nest a few times, mainly when I said I would beat Hatsumi in a fight, but I was never threatened with a ban for it.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Posted On:
    1/09/2009 9:46pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No friend of James Williams either. However, Chimpirabozou I would wager you were not banned solely because of what you wrote, in that same thread a couple of others who raised points managed to not get banned. Certainly you had some valid points, but honestly your posts didn't seem to convey them in a very.... calm manner.

For example, your post:
    "Ho Boy! The webpage of the History of Nami-Ryu. When reading it still does not prove or shows any info that clearly shows any licensing or substantial training in a legit Koryu other than name dropping."

Certainly the text 'ancient samurai martial arts' on his website is misleading/confusing, but what info are you looking for exactly? Most of the koryu websites I've seen don't tend to have any proof up on display. (Certainly you can ask them, but what are you expecting as irrefutable proof?) Honestly if I wanted proof I'd look for a way to contact the persons instructors in question, and/or people who also trained with that instructor at the same time.)

As for my personal thoughts on the subject, I'd say it's tacky. But the folks in the e-budo thread do raise points that according to ye olde samurai lore, they'd practice on corpses, prisoners, or animals. (Whether or not that's true, it is a mystery.) But they bought the food, they own it, so they can do whatever they want with it. Even if it is something quite wasteful and tacky.

Anyway a summary for the tl;dr folks:
    Chimpirabozou, your posts on e-budo read like they're written by an angsty teenager. I'm guessing that's probably why you were banned. The phrase "It's not what you say, but how you say it" comes to mind.

E-budo does seem to have gotten worse this year, but I'm hopeful for it's future. (There's only really one moderator I worry about, Mr. Scott)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/12/2009 4:23am

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I hate to necro this thing but I am curious as to what Angier Sensei has to say about Mr. Williams?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12