Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/20/2007 11:56am

Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Awesome!

Awesome I will have t3h El Macho cheering in my corner!! Do you still have my cell number? Definitely keep an eye out for me. I am hoping to put on a show tomorrow [and by show, i mean something other than ending in a point loss 2-1 or being tapped out in the first 2 minutes]. WATCH OUT!! :icon_spid

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    7/20/2007 11:33pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey KurSe, I have your cell #. I'll give you a call tomorrow - I'm still working (this **** of working long hours sucks), and I'm like 50/50 if I can make it. Let's see man, let's see. :)
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

"Yes Neko, please keep telling me more about your manly collection of Star Wars audiobooks"

Posted On:
    7/22/2007 12:30pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So what happened here?
    Do we have any reviews?

I totally forgot this **** was yesterday, macho, do you have the videos uploaded?
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost View Post
    Yeah, you're probably right.

But still, something about having a black guy or a lesbian jump out from behind a garbage can yelling "SURPRISE GONG SAU" at any of your big-named RBSD kooks makes me giggle like a little girl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    There are two kinds of members on MAP:

1. LARPers/Partial Artists
    2. People who haven't heard about Bullshido.
    The Mighty McClaw to Fox when refusing to fight AnnaT.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyMcClaw
    Don't fight girls? When are you living, the 1850's? I suppose you think they shouldn't work or vote either.
    Get with the times and punch a chick.
    Wingchundo's response after I called him a "*****"

Quote Originally Posted by wingchundo View Post
    Hey, I resemble that remark!

Ok, time for a snappy comeback.... uh...

OK. Here goes.

You are what you eat!

Posted On:
    7/22/2007 4:41pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey Neko!!!

****, I tried to call you but my stupid phone couldn't get a signal (I have "the Grind" in my car). I got lost and got there about 1 hour later than planned (around 1:30pm). I could get in touch with Anthony, but couldn't get in touch with Jeremy (KurSe), which was competing yesterday.

The event was good!!! It was packed man, packed. I filmed quite a few films but only 4 came out ok (one adult match and three kiddie matches). Unfortunately I had to leave by 3pm to go back to work; otherwise, I would have filmed more.

Clips and pics are coming brotah!
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

"Yes Neko, please keep telling me more about your manly collection of Star Wars audiobooks"

Posted On:
    7/22/2007 5:03pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mach: Nice, keep us updated.

Ant: Did your kids competed yesterday?

Kurse: How did you do brother> when are u coming by judo?

Did GoldenJonas competed?

But still, something about having a black guy or a lesbian jump out from behind a garbage can yelling "SURPRISE GONG SAU" at any of your big-named RBSD kooks makes me giggle like a little girl.

Don't fight girls? When are you living, the 1850's? I suppose you think they shouldn't work or vote either.

OK. Here goes.

You are what you eat!

Posted On:
    7/24/2007 2:41pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm not sure about GJ. I heard he was going to compete.

BTW, clips and pics are here: http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show....php?p=1511755

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/24/2007 2:54pm

supporting memberhall of famestaff
     Style: Muay Thai & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Neko687
    Mach: Nice, keep us updated.

Ant: Did your kids competed yesterday?

Kurse: How did you do brother> when are u coming by judo?

Did GoldenJonas competed?
    I made the error of putting him in intermediate for his weight, 142lbs. He was going against kids bigger than him, up to 179.9lbs. :(

He got his ass handed to him in every match, by older, bigger kids.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifu Rudy Abel
    "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

Posted On:
    7/24/2007 3:28pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    you live and you learn brother, next time will always be better

OK. Here goes.

You are what you eat!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/24/2007 4:08pm

Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey.. I just got notified of this thread being updated. I saw Anthony there but didn't see anyone else from here. Congrats to your boy for competing and fighting up Anthony, from the sounds of it there were a lot of kids sandbagging anyway [like adults].

My results were crappy. I had two fights, a gi and a no gi fight. [novice and white belt]. My focus coming in was to make sure not to get taken down and go in the hole off the bat, as in previous competitions, I've been stalled out from there; my second focus was to not walk into a triangle.. I managed to accomplish one of those goals.

My no-gi fight started out well. i got a sloppy greco style take down (something we've been working a lot on) and ended up in guard. My opponent did a good job of breaking my posture down, and I was making sure to not get caught in anything and starting to try and work my pass. He did roll me into a mount for half a milisecond, but I bounced right back into his guard.. the ref gave him 4 pts for this which really ticked me off and I think I was inow down 2 instead of up to, so now I had to start aggressively pushing the pace (watching the video, maybe I got 2 for another sweep, and we were tied, but I thought i was down at this point). I pushed a little too hard and reached back from in guard and gave up a triangle. I managed to hang out in it for really quite a while, but couldn't get posture, and didn't do enough to stack it or get better position and break it, and eventually had to tap to it. Pretty disappointing, and it might have gone differently if the pts werent thrown up, but at the end of the day I have to take the fault for giving up the triangle. I talked to the guy who I fought afterwards, and he was really cool, he should have won his 2nd match.. and did take 3rd in white belt [beating a teammate of mine after survivng a crazy tight guillotine].

Gi fight. It was about 730 by now and I didn't even feel like fighting anymore.. i had been there since 11 am. My opponent seemed fairly strong, I pulled guard right away as my game from guard has been working out pretty well. I threw a semi decent triangle attempt but he stood up and i couldn't get it locked in. I switched late to an armbar [too late] and missed a solid sweep attempt at that time. He almost passed my guard at one point, but didn't maintain the 3 seconds needed for the pts, and I got guard back in. I tried a few other attempts [couple guillotines, cross collar, and a modified collar] but couldn't get anything working for me.. I couldn't get ahold of his arms for anything. At the end, it was 0-0, and the ref gave him the nod on "almost passing" rather than me for my sub attempts. Sucky fight, sucky result, sucky day, but my fault for leaving the outcome in question.

I'll have videos eventually, but I have to figure out how to compress them and put them on youtube or something. Im really pretty disappointed in my performance, and this is my last novice toruney, so I'll be moving up without any wins, but maybe I'll have more luck in beginners. I certainly didn't feel outclassed at all, and felt I could have won both of the fights, just made some bad decisions and some noob mistakes.

Posted On:
    7/24/2007 4:29pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Funny that you mentioned about sandbagging. I overhead a lot of people complaining about it. Some of the "novices" were pulling slick subs out of their asses and everyone was like "novice my ass!".

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast