228152 Bullies, 4372 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 51 to 60 of 99
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 78910 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Tom Kagan is offline
    Tom Kagan's Avatar

    Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    New York, NY USA
    Posts
    5,602

    Posted On:
    6/22/2007 8:16am

    supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bearich
    Tom,

    Can we please have this thread moved to a different forum? I have asked on multiple occassions for anything that might resembe bullshido and zadar has yet to provide anything other than his opinion or unsubstantiated claims.

    No. The fact that this thread distresses you because the OP won't answer your questions is irrelevant.

    Your unanswered questions speak for themselves. Burying the thread under a score of "LOL, PENIS!!!!!1111" posts would negate that.
    Last edited by Tom Kagan; 6/22/2007 8:18am at .
    Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.

    "Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

    "Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

    My Bullshido fan club threads:
    Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
    Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
    Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
    Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
    Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a ***** or just cruising for some
    I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
    TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
    ATTN TOM KAGAN
    World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
    Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
    I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
    Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.
  2. bearich is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    305

    Posted On:
    6/22/2007 9:05am


     Style: Karate / Judo Noob

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kagan
    No. The fact that this thread distresses you because the OP won't answer your questions is irrelevant.

    Your unanswered questions speak for themselves. Burying the thread under a score of "LOL, PENIS!!!!!1111" posts would negate that.
    Understood.

    However, for clarification, my request was not out of distress from unanswered requests, but rather out of trying to reduce useless clutter in MABS.
  3. Jim_Jude is offline
    Jim_Jude's Avatar

    Shime Waza Test Dummy

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    3,555

    Posted On:
    6/22/2007 12:52pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: StrikeyGrappling & WW2-fu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by zadar95
    ...And Jim_Jude Im pretty sure you were a closet ninja yourself at one time!!!

    I am, & always will be, a closet ninja!
    Ha ! Shows how much you know...
  4. Jim_Jude is offline
    Jim_Jude's Avatar

    Shime Waza Test Dummy

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    3,555

    Posted On:
    6/22/2007 1:15pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: StrikeyGrappling & WW2-fu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Askari
    I am going to guide buddy on where to do his research.

    This is the supposed only photo of Harald Stairn, except it seems to be misslabeled starn.jpg so we may have to work from two spellings.


    The uniform looks sufficiently recent, though the image is sufficiently (convenient eh) out of focus to make it difficult to tell.

    Now if buddy who is so Wolfe crazy really wants to prove his thing, the Canadian Archives can get the information for him:

    http://www.collectionscanada.ca/

    Now, I am sure Wolfe can give us a Unit name right? Even without it you can go down and check the archives.

    Now if you decide that Stairn is not Canadian. Try the British Archives:

    http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/documentsonline/

    Though I've tried the online options and come up empty, you may have better luck contacting them and asking for a complete search.
    Bullshido is not a question of fighting ability in this situation, but an issue of falsifying lineage. Ironic, is sounds so similar to the Hatsumi - Takamatsu - Toda Shinryuken issue. Takamatsu may have been able to scrap, very well by all accounts, & he passed some of this on to Hatsumi, but Toda Shinryuken has yet to even be verified as a real person or martial arts master.

    We don't care if Wolfe can fight. With all of his years in the arts, it would be pitiful if he couldn't, but that's not the issue. Who can't read a few books or watch some DVDs on WW2 combatives, and with their pre-existing martial ability, implement what they have read into a fighting method? That's what most of us have done when it comes to WW2, if we didn't have access to Cestari or his comtemporaries...
  5. Cdnronin is offline

    Ghost of Kawaishi

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    757

    Posted On:
    6/22/2007 2:51pm


     Style: judo, parenting

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by zadar95
    . How about learning more about awareness techniques or dealing with ambush attacks, multiple atackers fighting a wrestler, the sucker punch etc.etc. thats the kind of training I do, hell I just bought a book from Marc"animal"Macyoung and that was so much better than the Carl and Damians DvDs. What about the pschology of fighting how to deal with the adrenalin the aftermath. Maybe I just have higher expectations but the DvDs did not impresss me at all.

    How about reading the description before you buy, so if you're looking fro something on awareness techniques you don't buy something that is not related....doh!

    If I buy Wolfe's brick DVD's will it help make my teeth whiter, or restore my hairloss? If not, I'm disapointed and want my money back!
  6. Askari is offline

    The Bottom Brick

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,069

    Posted On:
    6/22/2007 4:51pm


     Style: BJJ, Ju-Jitsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AMERCOM
    You maintain Jiu-Jitsu is superior to all other systems as a stand alone?, interesting. I fail to understand why someone would wish to train on lava with broken glass.Please explain the purpose.
    AMERCOM,

    I absolutely hate having to explain a joke. But since you dont seem to have developed a sense of haha yet, I shall attempt it:

    My comment of the superiority of Jiu-Jitsu was an allusion to the jock riding culture of most martial arts newbies, utilizing myself as the foil for the joke.

    Since Jiu-Jitsu is primarily associated with grappling, the second portion of my comment takes effect.

    Fighting on Lava and broken glass is the straw man argument of people who dont want to train grappling. There often is the accusation that grappling is not useful for SD because of broken glass and needles. Hence the reference to Lava, utilizing ridicule to demonstrate how out of bounds that counter argument is and that only an idiot would not train grappling as part of a complete SD package.

    Disengage soap-box.
    "Sifu, I"m niether - I'm a fire dragon so don't **** with me!"
  7. zadar95 is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    23

    Posted On:
    6/22/2007 5:28pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Defendo(Wolfe Brothers

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As far as the Bullshido goes here it is when claims such as those in the ads for the Dvds(carls andDamien) say"cut your training time in half", "have your opponet smash his hands on your elbows",the real secrets of bare knuckle boxing", "How to effectively create opennings even on expert grapplers","how to identify if you are being stalked or set up", when your answer to all of these claims is strike away with shutos hammerfists etc etc I think that is Bullshido. Almost everything on all 3 DvDs were strikes other than the chokes shown in the 3rd tape or the conditioning of your hands.
  8. zadar95 is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    23

    Posted On:
    6/22/2007 5:30pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Defendo(Wolfe Brothers

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I personally need more than that because strikes dont always have the desired effects, how about throw in a strike then show a armlock or wrist lock something more than just 3 DvDS worth of hitting a BoB!!!
  9. Askari is offline

    The Bottom Brick

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,069

    Posted On:
    6/22/2007 5:37pm


     Style: BJJ, Ju-Jitsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by zadar95
    I personally need more than that because strikes dont always have the desired effects, how about throw in a strike then show a armlock or wrist lock something more than just 3 DvDS worth of hitting a BoB!!!
    I personally never get tired of hitting BoB. But then again he has started to complain lately, so maybe I should slow down.

    Now for the other points - yours BS accusations in Green, my response in Red:

    "cut your training time in half",
    == guess it depends how much you want to train.
    "have your opponet smash his hands on your elbows",
    == Yeah, they probably would, if they hit my elbows.
    "the real secrets of bare knuckle boxing",
    == I found that Cestari's DVD improved my bare knuckle boxing quite a bit.
    "How to effectively create opennings even on expert grapplers",
    == Cestari's grappling DVD has a lot of the same stuff as Randy Couture's DVD. Though I prefer Cestari's stuff for SD, as he acknowleges punching the guy in the nuts as a guard passing option.
    "how to identify if you are being stalked or set up",
    == Simple, look over your shoulder......Oh, and dont buy a car from a one-armed man when you are being chased by a cop named Sam Gerard
    Last edited by Askari; 6/22/2007 5:40pm at .
    "Sifu, I"m niether - I'm a fire dragon so don't **** with me!"
  10. zadar95 is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    23

    Posted On:
    6/22/2007 5:40pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Defendo(Wolfe Brothers

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    cdnronin as far as reading the ads goes I read the ad several times and if it wasnt as misleading as it was I wouldent have bought them. If it had actually said you will get 3 DvDs of us strictly answering every claim with "just hit em" as the answer I would of never bought them.(Thank God for money back gaurantees)
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 78910 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.